PDA

View Full Version : ASU/Iowa Game delayed

Megbert
09-18-2004, 08:37 PM
Due to weather? WTF? This isn't baseball. I am 10 min from the stadium and it's barely raining. Ive seen baseball played in heavier downfalls.

jspchief
09-18-2004, 08:39 PM
They showed some nasty lightening on TV..game is about to start

GO :IA:

Megbert
09-18-2004, 08:42 PM
They showed some nasty lightening on TV..game is about to start

GO :IA:

I haven't seen lightning or heard any thunder. Way earlier my DirecTV was interrupted but not since about 6pm.

jspchief
09-18-2004, 08:59 PM
great...so much for a strong D

jspchief
09-18-2004, 09:03 PM
I think over-rated might be a term used to describe the Hawkeyes pretty soon. The Big Ten is gonna have it's way with us if this all the better we play.

Skip Towne
09-18-2004, 09:12 PM
I haven't seen lightning or heard any thunder. Way earlier my DirecTV was interrupted but not since about 6pm.
As you may already know, it doesn't have to be raining where you are for you to get "rain fade". All that needs to happen is for the storm clouds to be between the satellite and your dish. The actual storm can be 10 miles away. It's a pretty good predictor, though tat you are about to get it.

jspchief
09-18-2004, 09:14 PM
ROFL That's one way to get the jump on your guy.

He flinched...that was a false sta

Megbert
09-18-2004, 09:17 PM
The officials disagree with you.

My TiVo's in Tucson, or I'd rewind to get a second look.

What are you doing at home? Shouldn't you be at a bar making sure it stays open another week?

jspchief
09-18-2004, 09:19 PM
The replay they showed was clear as day. the O-lineman jumped.

The way we're playing, I'm not sure it will matter.

Our D coordinator is in IA recovering from a medical procedure. He's one of the best at adjusting a defense to the O's style, but I doubt there's much he can do tonight.

Megbert
09-18-2004, 09:19 PM
I'll be out later.

I've got until 2am.

OHHH yeah forgot about the new law. So you gonna be at sluggos then?

jspchief
09-18-2004, 09:21 PM
Man.. must suck to have Tom Arnold as the representative for your fanbase.

That depends...who's representing ASU?

Megbert
09-18-2004, 09:23 PM
Maybe. I decided to stay in Phoenix tonight and watch football in town tomorrow. Where I end up will be dependent upon how early I wake up.

Well I won't save a seat for you. :)

jspchief
09-18-2004, 09:31 PM
Good grief! The Hawkeyes signed Bartee

jspchief
09-18-2004, 09:40 PM
You AZ guys better close your windows if you want any sleep tonight...the chant of "over-rated" is going to get pretty loud out there.

Boozer
09-18-2004, 09:59 PM
Can I get a "Hell yeah!"

jspchief
09-18-2004, 10:00 PM
no

Skip Towne
09-18-2004, 10:08 PM
Maybe. I decided to stay in Phoenix tonight and watch football in town tomorrow. Where I end up will be dependent upon how early I wake up.
Which is entirely dependent on how drunk you get tonight. See, I'm clairvoyant.

jspchief
09-18-2004, 11:05 PM
Disgusting.

jspchief
09-18-2004, 11:15 PM
Nice to see that they're still throwing deep on us with a 37 point lead. Good way to get our kids pissed enough to do something stupid and hurt someone.

Michael Michigan
09-18-2004, 11:22 PM
This seems as good as thread as any...

Iowa.

I
O we the
W orld an
A pology

Jenson71
09-18-2004, 11:24 PM
I've always wanted to like Iowa. I've always been the outcast of my friends. But, I don't care about them. That said, it's sad to see this. :shake:

Boozer
09-18-2004, 11:31 PM
Nice to see that they're still throwing deep on us with a 37 point lead. Good way to get our kids pissed enough to do something stupid and hurt someone.

Maybe Hayden Fry, Jr. shouldn't have called that timeout at the end of the first half. That just pissed Koetter off.

Phobia
09-18-2004, 11:34 PM
Gosh, I sure do feel sorry for Hawkeyes fans who had to sit throught that.

Boozer
09-18-2004, 11:35 PM
Gosh, I sure do feel sorry for Hawkeyes fans who had to sit throught that.

On the plus side, every minute spent watching this is one minuite they're not in Iowa...so it's a wash.

jspchief
09-18-2004, 11:36 PM
Maybe Hayden Fry, Jr. shouldn't have called that timeout at the end of the first half. That just pissed Koetter off.

Not sure what you're referencing, but I assume it had to do with us wanting to get a score before the half.

It just seems like they're trying to run it up on us now. Ferentz isn't the type of coach that does that, he'd be running the ball with second stringers in by now. Obviously your coach is different. I just hope these kids can keep their cool.

Boozer
09-18-2004, 11:42 PM
Not sure what you're referencing, but I assume it had to do with us wanting to get a score before the half.

It just seems like they're trying to run it up on us now. Ferentz isn't the type of coach that does that, he'd be running the ball with second stringers in by now. Obviously your coach is different. I just hope these kids can keep their cool.

I still think that was a pretty cheesedick move to do when you're getting dominated...should've just gone into the lockerroom and tried to make adjustments. Here's hoping you don't get what you're wishing for, and that all the Devils stay healthy.

Really, I think Koetter's trying to make a statement so as to climb into the Top 25. It's a lot easier to do that beating the twelfth ranked team forty-something to zero than beating the twelfth ranked team 37-14.

Boozer
09-18-2004, 11:46 PM
What's this "going for it on fourth" shit? Is this like "not bunting to break up a no-hitter?" I've got news for the Ioweigans...even if you score a touchdown, you're still out of it.

jspchief
09-18-2004, 11:46 PM
F*ck you asshole. I didn't say I was wishing for it. The players look like they're getting fed up. They're starting to make stupid hits and sh*t like that. I just think pushing buttons won't help. Apparently you're about as classy as the rest of them.

Like I said, I don't know about the time out, I missed that. I do know we were still in the game at the time.

jspchief
09-18-2004, 11:47 PM
What's this "going for it on fourth" shit? Is this like "not bunting to break up a no-hitter?" I've got news for the Ioweigans...even if you score a touchdown, you're still out of it.

Yea. We'll just hand you the ball so you can throw more bombs.

Boozer
09-18-2004, 11:47 PM
F*ck you asshole. I didn't say I was wishing for it. The players look like they're getting fed up. They're starting to make stupid hits and sh*t like that. I just think pushing buttons won't help. Apparently you're about as classy as the rest of them.

Like I said, I don't know about the time out, I missed that. I do know we were still in the game at the time.

Whatever man. It's just a game.

Boozer
09-18-2004, 11:48 PM
Yea. We'll just hand you the ball so you can throw more bombs.

Got to pad Keller's stats.

tk13
09-18-2004, 11:53 PM
That's what happens when you have polls decide how people are ranked. You guys really are both right, it's not the classiest thing to run it up, but you're more likely to get somewhere with a group of voters that don't even watch all the games if they look at the scoresheet and see 44-0 instead of 34-14....

Boozer
09-18-2004, 11:55 PM
That's what happens when you have polls decide how people are ranked. You guys really are both right, it's not the classiest thing to run it up, but you're more likely to get somewhere with a group of voters that don't even watch all the games if they look at the scoresheet and see 44-0 instead of 37-14....

Or 44-7...probably going to cost ASU a slot or so. Doesn't make jspchief any less of a douche though, I'm afraid.

jspchief
09-18-2004, 11:56 PM
Wow. If you have this little of class when you win, I'd hate to see you when you lose.

jspchief
09-18-2004, 11:57 PM
I said two times that I didn't want guys getting hurt because they did something stupid, and you come back accusing me of wishing it on them. You're the only douche I see in here.

Saulbadguy
09-19-2004, 05:36 AM
Fork em Devils.

Saulbadguy
09-19-2004, 06:00 AM
Hmm...it looks like USC gets its 2 toughest opponents at home (ASU and Cal)..lucked out on that one I spose.

Boozer
09-19-2004, 07:49 AM
FWIW... I'm not a totally impartial observer... I've lived here for a few years now... so I kinda passively wish well for ASU... much as I do for the AZ Cards.

But, when Iowa called that timeout before the half, I fully supported the resulting bomb. Calling the TO was ridiculous... so making a move to put another score on them to make them regret the stupid move was justified.

"We were protecting the football, down in our end," Walter said. "If they want to call timeout, we'll say thank you."

Walter continued, "But then their fans might bitch about us running up the score." Boozer responded with "Shit, son...I grew up watching Nebraska games. 44-7 is a very restrained outcome."

Boozer
09-19-2004, 07:51 AM
Hmm...it looks like USC gets its 2 toughest opponents at home (ASU and Cal)..lucked out on that one I spose.

Well, we'll see just how tough ASU will be this year. I was at the game the last time ASU played in South Central, it wasn't even close.