PDA

View Full Version : I think I met a crazy guy at my kid's birthday party today.

KC Jones
09-18-2004, 10:51 PM
Yesterday my eldest turned 4 and we had a little party for him and some of this preschool buddies. This one guy shows up late to pick up his son (no big deal), but proceeds to stay and extra 40 minutes and chew the fat with us. His conversation starts off with something about how it's now legal to buy some kind of military type hovercraft. Which quickly led him into discussing assault weapons and the 2nd amendment being there so we can have a violent revolution every so often. I happen to mention that I've never really owned a gun, so he immediately starts discussing gory details at crime scenes like Columbine and how a particular gun owner wasn't allowed to have their weapon and how that gun owner died. Now, regardless of whether or not the guy had a point - the fact is he was talking about brains getting splattered in front of a bunch of little kids. I tell the nutjob I don't think we should talk about it in front of the kids and he makes some offhand comment about how that's the way the world really is.

Now I might normally just chalk this guy up as a gun nut with poor decision making when it comes to social skills or what's appropriate for 3 and 4 year olds to know about the real world. However, he goes on to discuss how we're going to set up a moon base to use Helium 3 for our fuel needs because photons striking aluminum on the lunar surface creates Helium 3 which is some ungodly power source. Apparently we can use it to create energy with just helium as a by-product. He also happened to have some special knowledge about what the CIA was doing in Falluja, secret Navy bases with additional space shuttles, and how the Hubble was really just for testing optical targetting systems. Worse than the bizarre topics and all of his top secret knowledge that some handy man in KCK just happens to have, was his incredibly intense attitude about it all. It was almost like the guy was tripping or something.

I eventually and very nicely kicked the guy out, but it's such a weird situation having a total freak like this in your house. I feel sorry for his son, but hell if my boy is ever going to their house or hanging out with that boy outside of school again.

:shake:

As a side note the lunar surface is rich in Helium 3 and it would be a great fuel for a fission reactor because it wouldn't emit neutron's, consequently no radioactive emissions. Of course, his theory didn't happen to mention anything about nuclear reactors or anything else like that. He seemd to think you could just pop a cathode in the surface of the moon and use it like a giant battery.

Michael Michigan
09-18-2004, 10:54 PM
You should have asked him if he sent Dan Rather some memos last week.

Deberg_1990
09-18-2004, 10:55 PM

hahahahahaha........Hilarious!

Jenson71
09-18-2004, 10:57 PM
Oh that was just Gunther_Fan. You could at least done the rest of us a favor and broke his hands.

KC Jones
09-18-2004, 10:58 PM

ROFL

Funny you should mention it because he was also a die hard republican. What was really weird was him trying to convince me the republican party was responsible for all of our social programs and FDR's new deal. This guy was living in some biazzaro universe of his own creation.

BigMeatballDave
09-18-2004, 11:04 PM
ROFL

Funny you should mention it because he was also a die hard republican. What was really weird was him trying to convince me the republican party was responsible for all of our social programs and FDR's new deal. This guy was living in some biazzaro universe of his own creation.He's not just crazy, he's also retarded...Republican? Social programs?

Rausch
09-18-2004, 11:08 PM
Of course, his theory didn't happen to mention anything about nuclear reactors or anything else like that. He seemd to think you could just pop a cathode in the surface of the moon and use it like a giant battery.

What an @$$hole... :shake:

6 Iron
09-18-2004, 11:11 PM
Unless you live next door to them, paranoid schizophrenics can be pretty interesting to listen to. I knew a person that ran his car into a local sportscaster's car, because he thought the sportscaster was making fun of him during the sports news.

Michael Michigan
09-18-2004, 11:19 PM
ROFL

Funny you should mention it because he was also a die hard republican. What was really weird was him trying to convince me the republican party was responsible for all of our social programs and FDR's new deal. This guy was living in some biazzaro universe of his own creation.

Perhaps you should have asked him for 10 bucks worth of whatever he was doing...

;)

Phobia
09-18-2004, 11:31 PM
Sorry dickhead. How 'bout I just have the wife come and pick up Jr. next time, okay?

Michael Michigan
09-18-2004, 11:40 PM
Sorry dickhead. How 'bout I just have the wife come and pick up Jr. next time, okay?

What makes you think she would be any better?

Valiant
09-18-2004, 11:45 PM
He is correct about the moon thing though... Nasa and the government has been seriously looking at achieving it...that and a nano tube to space to launch shuttles from the upper atmosphere...

ChiefsFanatic
09-18-2004, 11:46 PM
He's not just crazy, he's also retarded...Republican? Social programs?

ROFL

Boyceofsummer
09-18-2004, 11:46 PM
him what his avatar was. I'll bet he's logged on now. Was he telepathetic, too?

TheNextStep
09-18-2004, 11:47 PM
The number of ChiefsPlanet members who just renamed their junk "Jr." is probably astounding...

Braincase
09-19-2004, 06:10 AM
When you said , "Iowanian?" , what was his response?

Skip Towne
09-19-2004, 06:54 AM
I'm guessing the dude's name was Jenson.

Iowanian
09-19-2004, 04:46 PM
Thats what you get for letting Gunther_fan Jr's kid to your par-tah.

That guy sounds like he skipped some medication.

BC....Wanna play hangman? I'll spot you the "B"

_ _ _
_ _ _
B_ _ _ _

Demonpenz
09-19-2004, 05:29 PM
his name wasn't adam was it