PDA

View Full Version : Howey Long on Fox

FringeNC
09-19-2004, 10:36 AM
..just said he doesn't worry about the Chiefs' D -- that they'll be better...said GC had perfect play-calls on Griffin's 2 long TD runs, blitzes, but that they were poorly executed

Deberg_1990
09-19-2004, 10:38 AM
..just said he doesn't worry about the Chiefs' D -- that they'll be better...said GC had perfect play-calls on Griffin's 2 long TD runs, blitzes, but that they were poorly executed

Exactly! Its not Gunthers fault...its lack of talent!! So im worried...

FringeNC
09-19-2004, 10:40 AM
Exactly! Its not Gunthers fault...its lake of talent!! So im worried...

His implication is that Gunther doesn't have his stamp on the D yet....the poor coaching from previous years is not out of their systems yet. Not saying he's correct...just saying what he's saying.

Skip Towne
09-19-2004, 10:46 AM
Howie knows D. He says we will get better.

whoman69
09-19-2004, 11:23 AM
I'm playing my alternate drafting history for the Chiefs and am up to '83 having started in '79. Howie is a Chief in this alternate history. One of the few Raiders I can actually respect. He played hard but never dirty, unlike many I can mention from that hated franchise.

whoman69
09-19-2004, 11:38 AM
I'm playing my alternate drafting history for the Chiefs and am up to '83 having started in '79. Howie is a Chief in this alternate history. One of the few Raiders I can actually respect. He played hard but never dirty, unlike many I can mention from that hated franchise.
Wow, just got thru playing the Raiders and the Chiefs came back from being down 21-3 to win 41-38. Good game by Montana, who was 21-33 with 3 TDs and Theotis Brown who had 70 yards rushing. Dwight Clark and Joe Delaney each had 7 catches (if I have a time machine, you don't think I'm going to let Joe die, do ya?).
Three picks for the defense, one each by Steve Potter, Gary Green and Albert Lewis.