PDA

View Full Version : Richard Smith is Awesome!

the Talking Can
09-19-2004, 02:00 PM
just kidding....he sucks, like all of our WRs

FringeNC
09-19-2004, 02:22 PM
At least he got open, something none of the rest of them can do. I'd send a signal to this team, and cut Morton's ass, and start Smith.

elvomito
09-19-2004, 02:27 PM
i thought we needed to see more of him. now i realize he needs more practice.

on a 2nd down play when priest got the ball, and smith was supposed to be blocking, i watched him block and push the defender right to holmes where he then made the tackle. this guy had no chance of gettin to holmes. thanks for the help non-blockin a$$ wr

royr17
09-19-2004, 02:27 PM
Cut Morton, Cut Morton, Cut Morton, are you kiddin me Morton and Gonzo are the only Chiefs receivers that had good games. :cuss:

the Talking Can
09-19-2004, 02:29 PM
At least he got open, something none of the rest of them can do. I'd send a signal to this team, and cut Morton's ass, and start Smith.

now if only he could catch....

FringeNC
09-19-2004, 03:07 PM
Cut Morton, Cut Morton, Cut Morton, are you kiddin me Morton and Gonzo are the only Chiefs receivers that had good games. :cuss:

Morton had a good game? Are you kidding me?

2bikemike
09-19-2004, 03:11 PM

He had a better game than any other reciever. Even if it wasn't good enough.

Morton 5 receptions 76 yds
Gonzo 4 receptions 63 yds.

PunkinDrublic
09-19-2004, 03:21 PM
There was a couple of plays where Morton was clearly dogging it.

Sure-Oz
09-19-2004, 03:23 PM
Wow he can get open but he can't catch, he is just like the other receivers except he found out 1 part of the game as a wide reciever.

Straight, No Chaser
09-19-2004, 03:24 PM

Everyone is on this guy --the play he was called for holding (Priest's breakaway) was weak! Both guys were holding each other and it wasn't near the play. That play shifted the momentum for the rest of the game.

It's hard to believe there is so much work to do at this point.

----> :hmmm:

whoman69
09-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Smith obviously was nervous today. Two weeks, zero catches. If this season is clearly going into the toilet, which its not at that point yet, we should cut Kennison and Morton and go with the younger receivers we have in Smith and Horn.

FringeNC
09-19-2004, 03:26 PM
He had a better game than any other reciever. Even if it wasn't good enough.

Morton 5 receptions 76 yds
Gonzo 4 receptions 63 yds.

The interception and near-interception...neither of which he attempted to break-up...the stupid holding penalty...

We know what we have in Morton...not much...if we are going to suck so bad in the passing game, I'd much rather it be with players that had some upside like Smith and Parker.

dtrain
09-19-2004, 03:36 PM
Everything that is happening to R. Smith is because he is not getting the reps in practice. Only the starters get the majority of the reps so if Kennison is hurt Smith should get reps this week unless Dante gets them which in my book he shouldn't. I believe that if he got the reps he will produce just like in preseason.

Raiderhater
09-19-2004, 03:39 PM
It is a little soon to be down on Smith, the kid is only a rookie.

Give him time before you start casting him in with the likes of Morton.

ARROW2
09-19-2004, 03:47 PM
Morton is soffffft. He is worthless, play the rookies. Carolina's rookie flexed in our house. Pitiful....

WilliamTheIrish
09-19-2004, 04:27 PM
Gamble made Morton look like a schoolgirl out there on that INT.

Morton is done.

BigChiefFan
09-19-2004, 04:31 PM
Gamble made Morton look like a schoolgirl out there on that INT.

Morton is done.
I still can't undersatnd why the Chiefs waited to get a WR in the draft. The two starting WRs are long in the tooth and are average at best. Dante is too small and Smith is a walk-on. The Chiefs FO let me down to say the least. Morton was decent, but I still saw him half-assing it.

jspchief
09-19-2004, 04:43 PM
Boy, Keary Colbert sure looked like shit as well. Glad we passed on him.