PDA

View Full Version : Will the Chiefs make the playoffs this season?

RealSNR
09-19-2004, 03:25 PM
I'm not doubting them. I realize it's been a rough 2 games. I want to get a tally of who's jumping ship though.

B2chiefsfan
09-19-2004, 03:29 PM
Not jumping ship, but the answer is NO.:shake:

chiefsfan1963
09-19-2004, 03:30 PM
not me. i'm in for the long haul. i predicted before the season started that we would be slow out of the gates, and there would be plenty of people jumping ship quickly. i'm not surprised by our play, but still believe we'll make the playoffs and our D will be better than it was last year.

our O is what really stinks right now. totally out of synch. will rebound!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Sure-Oz
09-19-2004, 03:30 PM
I think so, our division isn't that good we will need 10 wins.

Dave Lane
09-19-2004, 03:31 PM
I'm off the wagon no way this team goes 10-4 the rest of the way. That being said there is now no pressure for the reat of this year.

Dave

VonneMarie
09-19-2004, 03:32 PM
No.

I just don't see it, especially with the schedule we have.

ChiefFripp
09-19-2004, 03:32 PM
I posted on a season prediction thread here we would go 11-5 but we would lose the first 2 games. So far I'm on track...

HolmeZz
09-19-2004, 03:33 PM
The division's so bad that everyone's still in contention.

We don't have a Super Bowl team though. No way.

2bikemike
09-19-2004, 03:43 PM
For me its too early to tell. But if things don't improve quickly we will be toast. Injuries are killing us already. We need some offensive weapons besides Priest and Gonzo.

The Defense really needs to step up big time here. Tackling is atrocious. Run defense is non existant. Another game and another RB racks up a huge game.

ChiefsCountry
09-19-2004, 03:44 PM
We will make the playoffs.

KCN
09-19-2004, 03:50 PM
Playoffs? I think so. Other than New England and Baltimore, Denver plays the same teams we do.

cdcox
09-19-2004, 03:55 PM
This can only be expressed as a percentage, and after the 4th week of the season.

chiefqueen
09-19-2004, 04:47 PM
That's a 4 and 12 team I went to see today (and I don't mean the team in blue & black.)

dirk digler
09-19-2004, 05:02 PM
Hell I am just wanting them to win 1 game. Making the playoffs is a pipe dream right now.

David.
09-19-2004, 05:09 PM
PLAYOFFS! WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT PLAYOFFS!!

:)

yes, They'll make it.

the Talking Can
09-19-2004, 05:19 PM
if they don't have to play defense, then yes...

Jenson71
09-19-2004, 05:20 PM
I'm gonna have to go with the optimistically-enhanced answer of yes.

Jenson71
09-19-2004, 05:21 PM
I'm gonna have to go with the optimistically-enhanced answer of yes.

But I wouldn't bet on it.

KcMizzou
09-19-2004, 05:21 PM
I'll give up when we lose our 9th game...

arrowheadrocks
09-19-2004, 05:43 PM
We lose next week...theres no way in hell well even finish over .500

Bowser
09-19-2004, 05:55 PM
F*ck no, we won't! Has nobody realized that this is an even year?

Of course, I am drunk and pissed off at the moment, so that may contribute to the pessimism!

Jenson71
09-19-2004, 06:03 PM
There ain't no gooood in our good-byeing....
True love taaaakes a lot of trying...
Oh I'm crying

Lord Bestyle
09-19-2004, 06:19 PM
Fell on the "yes" side of the fence. Ask me after next weekend and it may be a different answer.

mississippichiefan
09-19-2004, 06:39 PM
I think after the Raven game we need to be 2-2 if we are to have a chance and to do that we need to get this offense going . We have to have better play out of the wide recievers and our linebackers . I have been a Chief for 35 years and this is starting to look like another lost season . But there is still hope . Go Chiefs !!

TEX
09-19-2004, 06:49 PM
I voted "NO" because at this point it looks like we have no offense. The plan was all along that our _efense could be average because we had such a potent offense. That's obviously not the case this year as our "O" looks out of sync (Old & Slow). So now more pressure will be on the _efense, and they're clearly not up to the task. IF we can get the offense back up to par, then we'll make the playoffs. If not, we'll finish aroung .500. Plenty of time to get it straight, but can they and will they? Also, if Priest is out for any period, nnno way the CHIEFS make the playoffs.

Ugly Duck
09-19-2004, 07:36 PM
No.

I just don't see it, especially with the schedule we have.But the other AFCW teams have essentially the same schedule. KC has as at least as good a chance as SD, Den, and Oak.

the Talking Can
09-19-2004, 07:37 PM
But the other AFCW teams have essentially the same schedule. KC has as at least as good a chance as SD, Den, and Oak.

in other words, no one from the AFC West will make the playoffs...

Calcountry
09-19-2004, 07:39 PM
Right now we just need to win one game, thats all.

Ugly Duck
09-19-2004, 07:42 PM
in other words, no one from the AFC West will make the playoffs...Your logic is impeccable. I think..... ?

KHinz57
09-19-2004, 08:32 PM
If the Broncos were any good ... no we do not make the playoffs. However, seeing as how Denver couldn't even get 1 simple TD against 5-11 Jacksonville of last year, Denver is the one who needs to be asking themselves this question, not us.

whoman69
09-19-2004, 08:33 PM
This team has shown nothing to indicate to me they are ready for a playoff run. I'm not going to rule it out, but they are a miles from being where they were at last year.

TEX
09-19-2004, 08:35 PM
If the Broncos were any good ... no we do not make the playoffs. However, seeing as how Denver couldn't even get 1 simple TD against 5-11 Jacksonville of last year, Denver is the one who needs to be asking themselves this question, not us.

Have to disagree there. So far, we're 0-2 and the CHEATING DONX are right in the thick of things. Everyone knew they would struggle on offense, the same can't be said about us. I'd say that the CHIEFS clearly have more to worry about at this point in the season. Just my take...

KHinz57
09-19-2004, 08:49 PM
The Donkeys are 1 game ahead of us, that's it, and seeing as how we can ATLEAST score 1 TD against an above average defense, and they can't score any TDs against a below average defense ... we should be back on top by Week #5.

digi2fish
09-19-2004, 08:55 PM
I would like to see how CP and DV vote this one....
:p

TEX
09-19-2004, 08:56 PM
The Donkeys are 1 game ahead of us, that's it, and seeing as how we can ATLEAST score 1 TD against an above average defense, and they can't score any TDs against a below average defense ... we should be back on top by Week #5.

I'm not sure I follow your logic here... :hmmm: Are you basing that on last year or this year? Because the Jags made upgrades on their defense and are better than last. Still, life is tough on the road, which is where the cheating DONX were. Besides, the cheating DONX seem to have no trouble scoring on us...

Manila-Chief
09-19-2004, 08:59 PM
I voted NO. Coming into the season I was concerned about other teams catching up with our O. They seem to have done more than catch.

We had 3 great scoring opportunities before the half. Punted each time or missed a FG. We score on 2 of those and games over ... defense or no .....

Besides ... as someone has said ... they are not a S.B. winning team ... so why bother?

Let me get this off my chest ... FIRE CARL. Thanks buddy for standing pat in the off season. You didn't sign our RT nor did you get us an upgrade on D. In general ... you didn't try on either of the above.

I am not happy with all of Carl's "success" (winning record - fans in stands - etc.) when he does not spend the money that we have to help us take the final step. We were on the verge last off season. Had he been aggressive we would have had a much better chance.

Manila-Chief
09-19-2004, 09:06 PM
I'm not sure I follow your logic here... :hmmm: Are you basing that on last year or this year? Because the Jags made upgrades on their defense and are better than last. Still, life is tough on the road, which is where the cheating DONX were. Besides, the cheating DONX seem to have no trouble scoring on us...

Tex you are correct. I didn't see any of the games. Heard the first half over the internet. But, I do note the donks score today. Jax stopped them from scoring and we couldn't stop them from running. Not good!!!

KHinz57
09-19-2004, 09:08 PM

Well that's not saying anything ... ANYONE could score on the Chiefs defense, even a little rat of the shanarat clan named Quentin Griffin who came back down to Earth today.

PastorMikH
09-19-2004, 09:13 PM
I want a gaz option here.

If this team gets on track and gets some swagger back they can be deadly. A win or two and they may have a little more confidence out there, get into a rythym and sweep the rest of their games. Face it, had last year's offense showed up the last 2 games we'd be 2-0 and possibly even won handily. Our D begins to gel and they might be able to step up when needed and our offense gets their heads out of their rears we will start to click. 0-2 isn't a deep hole yet, but we don't have a lot of room for error now. Right now it looks like both the Offense and the Defense need to find themselves. We expected the D to struggle with this, but we thought the offense was ready to go. Perhaps our coaches and players were a little too cocky and confident after the way they moved the ball in preseason. Time for some serious gut-checking b both the players and the coaches.

Logical
09-19-2004, 09:32 PM
in other words, no one from the AFC West will make the playoffs...ROFL

cdcox
09-19-2004, 09:39 PM
ROFL

Does anyone really believe Vlad is capable of laughter? I'd bet money he is sitting in his garage, lit by a single bare light bulb, and tapping out R O F L with a stone cold face.

TEX
09-19-2004, 09:39 PM
Well that's not saying anything ... ANYONE could score on the Chiefs defense, even a little rat of the shanarat clan named Quentin Griffin who came back down to Earth today.

Oh..gotcha! Makes sense...

KHinz57
09-19-2004, 11:45 PM
Playoffs? I think so. Other than New England and Baltimore, Denver plays the same teams we do.

Yeah, I think we can score atleast 1 touchdown against the Jaguars, which is better than Denver can do.

E@SHSU
09-19-2004, 11:55 PM
I voted NO. Coming into the season I was concerned about other teams catching up with our O. They seem to have done more than catch.

We had 3 great scoring opportunities before the half. Punted each time or missed a FG. We score on 2 of those and games over ... defense or no .....

Besides ... as someone has said ... they are not a S.B. winning team ... so why bother?

Let me get this off my chest ... FIRE CARL. Thanks buddy for standing pat in the off season. You didn't sign our RT nor did you get us an upgrade on D. In general ... you didn't try on either of the above.

I am not happy with all of Carl's "success" (winning record - fans in stands - etc.) when he does not spend the money that we have to help us take the final step. We were on the verge last off season. Had he been aggressive we would have had a much better chance.

You took the works right out of my mouth

OldTownChief
09-20-2004, 12:13 AM
Yeah, I think we can score atleast 1 touchdown against the Jaguars, which is better than Denver can do.

Yeah but how many will the Jag's get on us?

KcMizzou
09-20-2004, 12:18 AM
Yeah but how many will the Jag's get on us?6?

go bo
09-20-2004, 12:28 AM
I would like to see how CP and DV vote this one....
:pROFL ROFL ROFL

after the way we've played these last two games, they are probably wondering about it as much as we are....

go bo
09-20-2004, 12:30 AM
I'm not sure I follow your logic here... :hmmm: Are you basing that on last year or this year? Because the Jags made upgrades on their defense and are better than last. Still, life is tough on the road, which is where the cheating DONX were. Besides, the cheating DONX seem to have no trouble scoring on us...hah! that's not saying much!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: