PDA

View Full Version : 'O' Line

Frankie
09-19-2004, 05:21 PM
They didn't show the game here in Iowa. So I'm pretty much going on last week's game.

1-Welbourn obviously was in over his head in that game. How did he play today?

2- As bad as Welbourn played, I was more disappointed in Roaf's play at LT last week. Sounds like we had 'O' problems again today. Did Roaf play/protect well? Or is he now officially over the hill? This really bothers me as there would be no fix for it this season.

Rain Man
09-19-2004, 05:27 PM
In my opinion, the Panthers' d-line definitely won the war today. They put a lot of pressure on Trent, and they completely shut down the outside running game.

Roaf and Waters both had bad games. Waters just struggled the whole game, and Roaf started out strong and just wore down as the game progressed. Welbourn certainly had his hands full, but I thought he had better results than he did last week. I wasn't concentrating on him, though, so I could be wrong.

jspchief
09-19-2004, 05:36 PM
Early on, we got good protection and the intermediate passing game was working well. At some point, I think Carolina realized that there was no threat of a deep game, so there were able to blitz and play up. So I don't which came first, tha lack of deep threat, or the scheme that wasn't threatened.

Frankie
09-19-2004, 05:39 PM
It just seems that older star O-linemen's play don't gradually fade. It seems one season they are PB performers and the next they are total has-beens. If that's happened to Roaf we are in deep deep trouble. (Hello top 5 draft pick?)