PDA

View Full Version : My Dante complaint

Big Chief Homer
09-19-2004, 06:30 PM
Ok......I know hes the best returner in the league but.........

whose idea is it for him to run the ball out of the endzone 3 or 4 yards deep.on almost every play he pinned us inside the 17.i know its only 3 yards but on the one play someone was called for a illegal block in the back.I know hes explosive but come on.

Also whats the deal with Damon Huard sitting on the bench in the 4th quarter listening to a mp3 player headphones on his head like hes at the fuggin beach.I know theres not much for him to do but hold a clipboard but if hes just gonna hang out why have him?Save some cap money(i know hes not paid alot but hes still paid) and get a qbotf to sit around and BS

Sure-Oz
09-19-2004, 06:31 PM
He is always a threat when he touches the ball, just have to take that chance i guess, esp when your O isn't doing sh!t!

tommykat
09-19-2004, 06:34 PM
Big Chief Homer
Grow up!!!

tommykat
09-19-2004, 06:37 PM
He is always a threat when he touches the ball, just have to take that chance i guess, esp when your O isn't doing sh!t!

Oz..............Unfair..........our o-line is the best!! Just remember the teams they are playing this year!!! Good lord, all knock it off!!!!

Big Chief Homer
09-19-2004, 06:42 PM
Big Chief Homer
Grow up!!!

What does growing up have to do with shitty field position.whether you like the post or not its TRUE.I dont care who you are you dont catch the ball at the back of the endzone and try and run it out.youre taught that in pee wee football for gods sake.I dont care if were winning 44 to 0 kneel in the friggin endzone.

Rain Man
09-19-2004, 06:46 PM
To be honest, I think it's a good call to do that. If he averages 30 yards or more per kickoff return, it's statistically better to have him run it out.

I didn't see Huard doing listening to music, but if that's true he ought to run about a thousand laps this week. I did see Larry Johnson sitting on the bunch looking like he wasn't psyched up to cheer the team on. Kind of disappointing.

Big Chief Homer
09-19-2004, 06:50 PM
To be honest, I think it's a good call to do that. If he averages 30 yards or more per kickoff return, it's statistically better to have him run it out.

I didn't see Huard doing listening to music, but if that's true he ought to run about a thousand laps this week. I did see Larry Johnson sitting on the bunch looking like he wasn't psyched up to cheer the team on. Kind of disappointing.

Rainman i see your point about running it out but,I am still concerned about the field position with the offense sputtering the way it is.If dante can run it out to the 30 or 35 yd line great but with the refs calling the illegal blocks so much this year it can kind of kill the offense if they have to start so often from say the 7.It was more of an observation than a complaint i guess.

OldTownChief
09-19-2004, 06:53 PM
youre taught that in pee wee football for gods sake.

What league were you in? I NEVER saw a kick reach the end zone in pee wee.

Big Chief Homer
09-19-2004, 06:59 PM
What league were you in? I NEVER saw a kick reach the end zone in pee wee.

all are kickers were from denmark and very fond of red wine.

OldTownChief
09-19-2004, 07:03 PM
all are kickers were from denmark and very fond of red wine.

We could use one of those on my home town little league team. I went to there game yesterday and none of the kicks went past the 30. The other team did kick an extra point tho.

Big Chief Homer
09-19-2004, 07:07 PM
We could use one of those on my home town little league team. I went to there game yesterday and none of the kicks went past the 30. The other team did kick an extra point tho.

my son has a kicker on his team that they send out for extra points in little league.he make damn near all of them.but his father makes him stand out there all day and practice.trying to live through the little bugger i suppose.

OldTownChief
09-19-2004, 07:12 PM
my son has a kicker on his team that they send out for extra points in little league.he make damn near all of them.but his father makes him stand out there all day and practice.trying to live through the little bugger i suppose.

One thing I thought was wierd was that if they kicked the extra point, it was worth 2 points and running it in was only 1.

Big Chief Homer
09-19-2004, 07:16 PM
One thing I thought was wierd was that if they kicked the extra point, it was worth 2 points and running it in was only 1.

they do that here to.until they get to freshman.about 13 or 14 yrs old.

I beleive they figure its easier for them to run it in then kick it when theyre that littel.

The Bad Guy
09-19-2004, 07:34 PM
Oz..............Unfair..........our o-line is the best!! Just remember the teams they are playing this year!!! Good lord, all knock it off!!!!

Yeah, our O-line is the best and we are 0-2.

Pardon me while I do a handstand.

jcroft
09-19-2004, 07:39 PM
I disagree. When the offense isn't in sync, and we NEED a huge play in order to have a change at winning, I'll let Dante run it out every time.

whoman69
09-19-2004, 08:41 PM
I didn't know Todd Marinovich had a little brother.

My Dante complaint is that I can't remember him making a catch downfield. His catches are almost all 5 yards or less and he then has to rely on his return instincts for yac.

Rain Man
09-19-2004, 09:03 PM

And then they make the biggest kids the running back and quarterback, and put the smaller kids on the line. It's bizarro football.

OldTownChief
09-19-2004, 10:12 PM
And then they make the biggest kids the running back and quarterback, and put the smaller kids on the line. It's bizarro football.

They had a kid at fullback that was around 5'6" 160# that tourched us for around 200 yards rushing, one TD run was 86 yards. In the forth quarter one of our guys went to the coach on the sideline and says: Hey coach they took #30 out. Coach says: Yea Justin he's rushed for over 200 yards...HE'S TIRED.