PDA

View Full Version : jack harry rant

just shawn
09-19-2004, 09:45 PM
as much as i hate this guy, he has a very good point... he's throwing one of his little fits about how the chiefs get 90 mil from tv contracts.. which covers the salary cap and that is before the ever think about opening the gates of arrowhead... also complaining about the 307% increase in prices since CeePee took over

Sure-Oz
09-19-2004, 09:47 PM
He also ripped Dick and Carl for standing pat as well, and I agree with his rant.

tk13
09-19-2004, 09:56 PM
Just for the record... despite what everyone thinks, I would say that I'm not sure that DV was totally with standing pat. There was a quote in the "game preview" of the local paper where DV said how obviously you'd like to sign this guy and that guy but you only have so much money. DV has said time and time again when asked that he's just simply been told "we don't have the money".

Sure-Oz
09-19-2004, 10:03 PM
Probably a Carl thing then, wouldn't suprise me.

beavis
09-19-2004, 10:22 PM
Probably a Carl thing then, wouldn't suprise me.
The thing that gets me is, as old and feeble as Lamar seems to be getting, you'd think he'd want to take one more crack at getting to the big one. It's not like he's hurting for money or anything.

Sure-Oz
09-19-2004, 10:27 PM
The thing that gets me is, as old and feeble as Lamar seems to be getting, you'd think he'd want to take one more crack at getting to the big one. It's not like he's hurting for money or anything.
Carl probably threatens his life if the chiefs actually succeed. :shake:

WilliamTheIrish
09-19-2004, 10:51 PM

Not this shit again?

beavis
09-19-2004, 11:00 PM
Not this shit again?
I'm not saying he could or even should, but if there is premier player out there, and all it took was him opening his wallet, don't you think he would do it?

tk13
09-19-2004, 11:12 PM
I'm not saying he could or even should, but if there is premier player out there, and all it took was him opening his wallet, don't you think he would do it?
That is kind of a catch 22... who was that premier player? Kearse maybe?... I don't know. The Eagles made him rich... same thing with the Seahawks and Wistrom. Supposedly Wistrom had made a promise to Vermeil that he would not make a decision until he visited KC, but once Seattle said "Hey Grant, we'll give you a 14 million dollar signing bonus up front"... that promise went out the door. I don't know... Troy Vincent sure hasn't seemed to help Buffalo either.