PDA

View Full Version : My take on what to take from this game

C-Mac
09-19-2004, 09:56 PM
I know a lot of this has been touched on in other threads, but here goes through my homer shades.

COMFORTS:
-O Line played good against the best D-line in the league
-Welbourne played good football today and will continue to improve
-The D-line played good overall. They were causing havic, creating turnovers, and not being pushed around. I know the defense really is improving because I didnt cringe as much on cutback runs. They only alowed 45yds rushing the first half, they just need to play GUN ball all 4 quarters.
-Siavii is the real raw deal and will only get better
-Warfield is at the top of his game..finally.
-Chiefs have a guy named Dalton that likes playing in the opposing teams backfield.(psst...call him out again this week)
-Kickoffs were outstanding, I had forgotten what a touchback felt like.
-Punts were comfortably consistant...just too dang many!
-we can play with or without Holliday
-Richard Smith can get open, he just needs to shake the jitters and be himself.
-Morton actually played well, but again, all we can remember is his hold penalty, which to me was the momentum breaker.

GLARING NEEDS:
-they need someone to step up at wide reciever
-they need chris wilson back
-they need at lot of improvement at LB position-this is Guns pride. I still believe we will see improvements with the same guys.
-they need westley back
-they also need a big corner to cover big wide recievers
-they need to go for it on close 4th downs, I'm not used to field goals.
-they need a lot less penalities on crucial plays
-they need to play a team like Houston next week

SPECIAL NOTES:
-Bill Maas is an idiot.
-the defensive was hung out to dry today, the offense needs to find a way
-I'm a big Panther fan unless their playing the Chiefs. I like their coach and the grit that the team displays. I hope to see them represent the NFC in the Superbowl again.
-Losing to the Panthers sucks, but losing to a team like the Bengals sucked worse.
-Its a better gauge to loose to a NFL elite team than to have misleading wins against a weaker team. I still wouldn't trade this schedule for for last years. Much less risk of playoff failure.
-the Chiefs are still in second place

ROYC75
09-19-2004, 10:07 PM
Holy Cow....2nd place..... I'm impressed !

LOL

C-Mac
09-20-2004, 06:03 AM
Holy Cow....2nd place..... I'm impressed !

LOL

.......and all the other teams in our division are next to last.

King_Chief_Fan
09-20-2004, 06:11 AM
I know a lot of this has been touched on in other threads, but here goes through my homer shades.

COMFORTS:
-O Line played good against the best D-line in the league
-Welbourne played good football today and will continue to improve
-The D-line played good overall. They were causing havic, creating turnovers, and not being pushed around. I know the defense really is improving because I didnt cringe as much on cutback runs. They only alowed 45yds rushing the first half, they just need to play GUN ball all 4 quarters.
-Siavii is the real raw deal and will only get better
-Warfield is at the top of his game..finally.
-Chiefs have a guy named Dalton that likes playing in the opposing teams backfield.(psst...call him out again this week)
-Kickoffs were outstanding, I had forgotten what a touchback felt like.
-Punts were comfortably consistant...just too dang many!
-we can play with or without Holliday
-Richard Smith can get open, he just needs to shake the jitters and be himself.
-Morton actually played well, but again, all we can remember is his hold penalty, which to me was the momentum breaker.

GLARING NEEDS:
-they need someone to step up at wide reciever
-they need chris wilson back
-they need at lot of improvement at LB position-this is Guns pride. I still believe we will see improvements with the same guys.
-they need westley back
-they also need a big corner to cover big wide recievers
-they need to go for it on close 4th downs, I'm not used to field goals.
-they need a lot less penalities on crucial plays
-they need to play a team like Houston next week

SPECIAL NOTES:
-Bill Maas is an idiot.
-the defensive was hung out to dry today, the offense needs to find a way
-I'm a big Panther fan unless their playing the Chiefs. I like their coach and the grit that the team displays. I hope to see them represent the NFC in the Superbowl again.
-Losing to the Panthers sucks, but losing to a team like the Bengals sucked worse.
-Its a better gauge to loose to a NFL elite team than to have misleading wins against a weaker team. I still wouldn't trade this schedule for for last years. Much less risk of playoff failure.
-the Chiefs are still in second place

A very positive summary...........I hate to taint it with a "sorry, I have had enough of the kool aid."

C-Mac
09-20-2004, 06:30 AM
I can assure that I had expected a different outcome to the game. I guess I hated grob so much and I believe in Gun so much that I cannot let myself throw the towel in on the D yet.