PDA

View Full Version : I submit a vote of No Confidence (a big fat rant)

HC_Chief
09-20-2004, 08:08 AM
Going into the 2004 season, it was obvious what holes needed to be filled to take the Chiefs to the next level: defense and wide receiver.

Kansas City, sporting the 3rd highest ticket price in the league, which equated to a 20+ million dollar windfall for ownership (not to mention healthy bonuses for the front office folks), has plenty of cap space to work with.

What move(s) do the Chiefs make?
They hire a new D-Coordinator and stand-pat on personnel. They maintain the rest of their bloated coaching staff - the most numerous and collectively, highest-paid in the legue.

Going into Training Camp, the coaches and front office are innundated with questions regarding lack of movement in regards to personnel upgrades/replacement. The now famous "we're out of money" line is presented and repeated.

During camp, KC discovers its starting Mike LB is still injured; will miss the season. His backup, an unspectacular second-year player, will get the start. He is then injured. With a reported six-million-dollars of free salary cap space available, KC decides again to stand pat, trot out the "we're out of money" line, and start a converted DE at middle linebacker... giving him no more than two weeks to prepare for the regular season.

During camp, the starting X, Y and Z receivers all sustain injuries. With a reported six-million-dollars of free salary cap space available, KC decides again to stand pat, trot out the "we're out of money" line, and refrain from pursuing an all-pro wideout who wants out of his contract in Tampa.

Into the season KC limps; gets soundly thumped, and exposes their weaknesses on national television for every coach and player in the league. The D is still susceptable to surrendering huge running plays, they bite on misdirection and they cannot tackle. The wide receivers are below average; bracket KC's all-world TE and concentrate on stopping Priest Holmes. Even if he gains a ton of yards and scores, no worries - KC's coaching staff will eventually quit feeding him the ball; in favor of more complex playcalling meant to confuse the opposing D (by inexplainably removing the single threat the O poses?).

There is something seriously wrong in KC. (and it's not the fans)

teedubya
09-20-2004, 08:10 AM
come on now, seriously where would this defense be without Lional Dalton?

HC_Chief
09-20-2004, 08:12 AM
In last place. :D

teedubya
09-20-2004, 08:12 AM
also HC Chief, you may want to change your avatar, a couple CP members may be offended.

King_Chief_Fan
09-20-2004, 08:26 AM
Going into the 2004 season, it was obvious what holes needed to be filled to take the Chiefs to the next level: defense and wide receiver.

Kansas City, sporting the 3rd highest ticket price in the league, which equated to a 20+ million dollar windfall for ownership (not to mention healthy bonuses for the front office folks), has plenty of cap space to work with.

What move(s) do the Chiefs make?
They hire a new D-Coordinator and stand-pat on personnel. They maintain the rest of their bloated coaching staff - the most numerous and collectively, highest-paid in the legue.

Going into Training Camp, the coaches and front office are innundated with questions regarding lack of movement in regards to personnel upgrades/replacement. The now famous "we're out of money" line is presented and repeated.

During camp, KC discovers its starting Mike LB is still injured; will miss the season. His backup, an unspectacular second-year player, will get the start. He is then injured. With a reported six-million-dollars of free salary cap space available, KC decides again to stand pat, trot out the "we're out of money" line, and start a converted DE at middle linebacker... giving him no more than two weeks to prepare for the regular season.

During camp, the starting X, Y and Z receivers all sustain injuries. With a reported six-million-dollars of free salary cap space available, KC decides again to stand pat, trot out the "we're out of money" line, and refrain from pursuing an all-pro wideout who wants out of his contract in Tampa.

Into the season KC limps; gets soundly thumped, and exposes their weaknesses on national television for every coach and player in the league. The D is still susceptable to surrendering huge running plays, they bite on misdirection and they cannot tackle. The wide receivers are below average; bracket KC's all-world TE and concentrate on stopping Priest Holmes. Even if he gains a ton of yards and scores, no worries - KC's coaching staff will eventually quit feeding him the ball; in favor of more complex playcalling meant to confuse the opposing D (by inexplainably removing the single threat the O poses?).

There is something seriously wrong in KC. (and it's not the fans)

Add me to the rant:
Tickets for two to the game (due to higher prices and not available to ex-KC folks) $200.00
Travel to and From KC: $60.00
Dinner out in KC: $75.00
Watching your team get thumped by the second stringers: Worthless

BigChiefFan
09-20-2004, 08:26 AM
I as bad as I hate to admit it, the truth hurts. Losing two games is not the end of the world, but the Chiefs sitting on their asses in FA is a pathetic excuse for doing nothing. I got reamed last week for saying that's the Chiefs FO was more committed to the money first and foremeost and I stand by it. The Chiefs FO weasled out in a big way.

nmt1
09-20-2004, 08:38 AM
If you don't like ticket prices and decisions that are being made, stop going to the games, stop buying Chiefs stuff, and stop watching them on TV. Pretty simple.

TEX
09-20-2004, 08:46 AM
Thus far it would seem that any good defense can cause our offense problems. Add that to the fact that ANY OFFENSE, even crappy ones, can score a TON of points on our _efense at any venue. :shake:

BigChiefFan
09-20-2004, 08:47 AM
If you don't like ticket prices and decisions that are being made, stop going to the games, stop buying Chiefs stuff, and stop watching them on TV. Pretty simple.
HELLO? It's okay to not think that every ****ing move the Chiefs make is the gospel. I guess I can put you down for being completely content with the Chiefs great moves the Chiefs FO did in the offseason?

King_Chief_Fan
09-20-2004, 08:49 AM
HELLO? It's okay to not think that every ****ing move the Chiefs make is the gospel. I guess I can put you down for being completely content with the Chiefs great moves the Chiefs FO did in the offseason?

I can' tell by his post if he means like you might be taking it........but, if he does.....get him away from the Kool Aid

BigChiefFan
09-20-2004, 08:54 AM
I can' tell by his post if he means like you might be taking it........but, if he does.....get him away from the Kool Aid
No. I got the same take from him last week.

BigChiefFan
09-20-2004, 01:23 PM
I still think this is a great rant and I can't believe it didn't get more play.