PDA

View Full Version : WR - Plaxico Burress

STLCHIEF2
09-20-2004, 08:16 AM
I am not sure if this topic has been touched since yesterday. I also know that in-season trades ususally do not happen. BUT....this looks like a trade that SHOULD take place.

1. The Chiefs are in desparate need of a go-to WR, and everyone knows it. This will open up the offense tremendously and take heat off of Holmes and Gonzalez. With Kennison out and our only WR Johnnie Morton, we are in trouble. Trent Green proved yesterday he is not confident in Richard Smith, by passing into double and triple coverage instead of passing to Smith in one on one coverage. Unless Dick and Carl want to hold out for the first overall pick in the upcoming draft, they need to do something.

2. Burress is not being used in Pittsburgh. In two games he has 3 catches. Is he being doubled up that much that he cannot get open.
Hines Ward is the go-to reciever in Pittsburgh, Burress will not be the guy. Randle-El is being used more and more, why not move Burress.

Let's hear it, does anyone think this would work.

Raiderhater
09-20-2004, 08:18 AM
No. If for no other reason than who do we have that they need?

Pipe dream.

Saulbadguy
09-20-2004, 08:18 AM
Uhmm..it might work (although it probably wouldn't), but how in the world would we get him?

J Diddy
09-20-2004, 08:20 AM
No. If for no other reason than who do we have that they need?

Pipe dream.

Looking like a high first rounder.

teedubya
09-20-2004, 08:20 AM
lets trade some Gates BBQ, and send a couple Bazooka girls to Cowher... he has to miss KC.. that would warm him up to the idea.

Raiderhater
09-20-2004, 08:28 AM
Looking like a high first rounder.

Middle first rounder at worst.

jcroft
09-20-2004, 08:29 AM
I love Plaxico and would be all for trading for him -- but I just don't see Pittsburg giving him up. If we can do it, though, I'd much rather see this go down than a deal for Keenan.

King_Chief_Fan
09-20-2004, 08:31 AM
All indications from the post game show rants yesterday suggest, nothing will be done.......too late. That is their spin.

wolfpack0735
09-20-2004, 08:37 AM
yes its a pipe dream because we have a gutless queen running the front office. no big trades will everhappen. trade (only one sitting on the bench) larry johnson and a third for him. :banghead:

Raiderhater
09-20-2004, 08:40 AM
yes its a pipe dream because we have a gutless queen running the front office. no big trades will everhappen. trade (only one sitting on the bench) larry johnson and a third for him. :banghead:

They don't need LJ, they have Duece Staley and and Bettis.

Face it folks, the McCardell trade will happen beofre this does.

jcroft
09-20-2004, 08:44 AM
There is NO chance they'd trade Plaxico for L. Johnson and a third. They have no need for Johnson whatsoever.

Saulbadguy
09-20-2004, 08:45 AM
They don't need LJ, they have Duece Staley and and Bettis.

Face it folks, the McCardell trade will happen beofre this does.
Hell, they'd put my slow white ass at wide receiver before they traded for McCardell or Burress. Then Vermeil would say "He looks good, he's made lots of play. He is showing flashes."

Raiderhater
09-20-2004, 08:54 AM
Hell, they'd put my slow white ass at wide receiver before they traded for McCardell or Burress. Then Vermeil would say "He looks good, he's made lots of play. He is showing flashes."

Exaggerate much?

Saulbadguy
09-20-2004, 08:56 AM
Exaggerate much?
Yeah. The part about me showing flashes. I'd suck.

HolmeZz
09-20-2004, 11:10 AM
I'd only want Plax if we could sign him to an extension. Not interested in just renting him.

ChiefsCountry
09-20-2004, 11:13 AM
If Pittsburgh would have wanted LJ they would have drafted him last year. Heck that was the team we traded down with to get LJ.

|Zach|
09-20-2004, 11:14 AM
I'd only want Plax if we could sign him to an extension. Not interested in just renting him.
You have to have a contract with a team before you can have an "extension"

HolmeZz
09-20-2004, 11:17 AM
You have to have a contract with a team before you can have an "extension"

Duh. But you can orally work out terms to a new contract before the trade occurs, seeing as having the player long term is the whole basis of the deal.

teedubya
09-20-2004, 11:20 AM
i think we will get plaxico in the off season...a season too late.