PDA

View Full Version : WR Question?

NewChief
09-20-2004, 09:07 AM
I'll add fuel to the fire on the WR question. Leaving the game yesterday, my father-in-law brought up the possibility of bringing in a WR off the Lamb's practice team, since we run a similar offense. Not sure why we wouldn't just bump up some of our receivers from our practice team, but anyway. Thoughts?

Phobia
09-20-2004, 09:09 AM
What would a WR from the Lambs practice squad add to this team that we don't already have on the active roster? Who do we cut in exchange for this player? Do the Rams even have a WR on the practice squad?

J Diddy
09-20-2004, 09:09 AM
The only one on the practice squad is Michael Coleman. It's his 2nd year there. Not sure that would help any.

LVNHACK
09-20-2004, 09:11 AM
It's not like the lambs are tearing it up anymore.....

NewChief
09-20-2004, 09:11 AM
What would a WR from the Lambs practice squad add to this team that we don't already have on the active roster?

A receiver that can catch and get open?;)

I don't know about the rest, and I'm horrible with the way IR and the like works. I think he was working off the assumption that Eddie might not be back for a while (maybe moving him to IR?)

J Diddy
09-20-2004, 09:13 AM

I don't know about the rest, and I'm horrible with the way IR and the like works. I think he was working off the assumption that Eddie might not be back for a while (maybe moving him to IR?)

If they keep a rookie who is not going to be back for 8 weeks on the active roster with a broken leg, then they aren't gonna IR Kennison for a hammy.

Phobia
09-20-2004, 09:15 AM

EK isn't going to IR. We don't need a WR that can catch and get open. We have those. We need a WR that can catch, get open, AND knows our offense. That takes time.

Frankie
09-20-2004, 09:40 AM
I Mikhael Ricks still around?

jcroft
09-20-2004, 09:41 AM
If we're going to get scrubs in here, we have our own scrubs. We can use Richard Smith Sammie Parker (soon?), Chris Horn, etc.

Scrubs are scrubs. They won't help us, and if we're going to use them anyway, we can use our own.

penguinz
09-20-2004, 09:42 AM
ScrubsGreat TV show.

jcroft
09-20-2004, 09:44 AM
Great TV show.

Yes, considerably more entertaining than our WRs.

FringeNC
09-20-2004, 09:47 AM
I'm tired of this shit. We know Morton ain't shit. Play Smith and Parker. I don't care if they **** up. At least they have speed.

jcroft
09-20-2004, 09:48 AM
I Mikhael Ricks still around?

He got cut at the end of preseason. Not sure if he got picked up or not. But, he's a TE anyway, not a WR.

Frankie
09-20-2004, 02:15 PM
He got cut at the end of preseason. Not sure if he got picked up or not. But, he's a TE anyway, not a WR.

He was originally drafted as a WR.

Raiderhater
09-20-2004, 02:18 PM
It's not like the lambs are tearing it up anymore.....

Yeah, but I blame their coach for that.

Martz is a fool.

shaneo69
09-20-2004, 02:33 PM
I'll add fuel to the fire on the WR question. Leaving the game yesterday, my father-in-law brought up the possibility of bringing in a WR off the Lamb's practice team, since we run a similar offense. Not sure why we wouldn't just bump up some of our receivers from our practice team, but anyway. Thoughts?

The last time we used that train of thought, we ended up with Joe Germaine.

booger
09-20-2004, 02:33 PM
We have a guy on our own practice squad who can get open and catch the damn football. Something our current stock of WR's is having trouble with. His name is Chris Horn. Nothing flashy but he can play the position.

tonyetony
09-20-2004, 02:35 PM
Bring on parker and keep tossing it to smith he'll come on around. Morton is for underneath possession stuff only.

jcroft
09-20-2004, 03:17 PM
The last time we used that train of thought, we ended up with Joe Germaine.

Haha. Nice one. :)