PDA

View Full Version : Don't ticket scalp at Arrowhead. You'll get arrested!!

Kylo Ren
09-20-2004, 10:18 AM
Don't come to Arrowhead and buy scalped tickets. The police are running undercover sting operations and cleaning out the scalpers. I talked to a police officer at Arrowhead this Sunday. He told me all of this. They will allow no more ticket sales on the property, not even for face value. I saw some scalpers in handcuffs outside the stadium. They are arresting the scalpers AND the scalpees. Be warned.

BTW -- He said they aren't worried about scalping on Ebay or at ticket brokers like ACE sports. He said they are only cracking down on scalping on Arrowhead property.

J Diddy
09-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Don't come to Arrowhead and buy scalped tickets. The police are running undercover sting operations and cleaning out the scalpers. I talked to a police officer at Arrowhead this Sunday. He told me all of this. They will allow no more ticket sales on the property, not even for face value. I saw some scalpers in handcuffs outside the stadium. They are arresting the scalpers AND the scalpees. Be warned.

BTW -- He said they aren't worried about scalping on Ebay or at ticket brokers like ACE sports. He said they are only cracking down on scalping on Arrowhead property.

I had 3 guys trying to sell me tickets yesterday.

NewChief
09-20-2004, 10:20 AM
This is bad news. That was generally the best way for our friends to get tickets. If your patient and willing to wait until the last minute, you could almost always get tickets for face just prior to kickoff.

BigRedChief
09-20-2004, 10:23 AM
You can buy tickets at face value anywhere in Missouri. No law against that.

jjjayb
09-20-2004, 10:32 AM
Arresting the people buying the tickets? Is there a law against buying tickets? :mad:

jspchief
09-20-2004, 10:34 AM
If the "even for face value" part of this story is true, that's complete bullsh*t. What happens if my friend that has two season tickets has a last minute emergency, and asks me to sell them for him? All this will do is screw honest people out of their money, and keep fans out of the seats.

Now we'll have to try and buy them from some crook around the corner. Or pay exorbitant prices through e-bay. KC police have always patrolled for scalpers undercover, but in the past you only got in trouble for selling over "face". It actually made buying in the stadium lot the safest and most affordable method for non season ticket holders to get to a game.:mad::cuss::mad:

Talk about misdirected priorities...

gblowfish
09-20-2004, 10:37 AM
The only one person allowed to scalp Chiefs fans in Missouri is King Carl!!

Skip Towne
09-20-2004, 10:44 AM
And people wonder why I hate cops.

teedubya
09-20-2004, 11:01 AM
suck asses.

Mr. Kotter
09-20-2004, 11:05 AM
You can buy tickets at face value anywhere in Missouri. No law against that.

That's my understanding too; if you aren't askin' above face value, then I think it's okay.... :hmmm:

KCWolfman
09-20-2004, 11:15 AM
It isn't scalping if you offer a product besides the tix.

I bought my playoff tix last year for 1.00 and then 125% of the value of the tix was spent on a Chiefs pennant.

There are ways around the system.

Mr. Kotter
09-20-2004, 11:18 AM

I bought my playoff tix last year for 1.00 and then 125% of the value of the tix was spent on a Chiefs pennant.

:clap:

FloridaChief
09-20-2004, 11:58 AM

Yep. I've seen people sell pencils on e-Bay for $100. And with that pencil, the winning bidder recieved a free game ticket.

There are multiple ways to de-fur a feline...

Kylo Ren
09-20-2004, 01:40 PM
I had 3 guys trying to sell me tickets yesterday. The Mo. Hwy Patrol officer told me that they will continue to run undercover ops until they arrest or scare off all of the scalpers. There will probably be some scalpers there over the next few weeks. The problem is that you don't know if they are scalpers or undercover Cops.

Kylo Ren
09-20-2004, 01:40 PM
You can buy tickets at face value anywhere in Missouri. No law against that. Right. But not on Arrowhead property. At least that's what the officer told me.

Kylo Ren
09-20-2004, 01:43 PM
If the "even for face value" part of this story is true, that's complete bullsh*t. What happens if my friend that has two season tickets has a last minute emergency, and asks me to sell them for him? All this will do is screw honest people out of their money, and keep fans out of the seats.

Now we'll have to try and buy them from some crook around the corner. Or pay exorbitant prices through e-bay. KC police have always patrolled for scalpers undercover, but in the past you only got in trouble for selling over "face". It actually made buying in the stadium lot the safest and most affordable method for non season ticket holders to get to a game.:mad::cuss::mad:

Talk about misdirected priorities... I agree. I'm just telling you what the officer told me. I also asked a Jackson Co. Sherriff officer. He said the exact same thing. That's why I believe it to be true and accurate.

Kylo Ren
09-20-2004, 01:44 PM
And people wonder why I hate cops. They both told me that Lamar Hunt had requested they do this. I don't know if they were kidding or serious. But they both said it.

Kylo Ren
09-20-2004, 01:45 PM

There are ways around the system. The problem with that is that they won't allow that to take place on Arrowhead property from now on. You could do this off property and on Ebay, but not on Arrowhead property.

Kylo Ren
09-20-2004, 01:46 PM

There are ways around the system. This is how Ebay sellers get away with it. The Cops said they weren't worried about Ebay, just Arrowhead property. Sounds like King Carl is up to something.

Swanman
09-20-2004, 01:47 PM

Talk about misdirected priorities...

I agree. Selling tickets at face value is the purest example of a victimless crime (although I don't believe it's a crime). It hurts absolutely no one. From the Chiefs perspective, someone paid $xx for a seat and no one profited off of subsequent sales, so they shouldn't care.

Kylo Ren
09-20-2004, 01:48 PM
I'm not a lawyer, but I'm thinking if a cop approaches you, and tries to sell you a ticket, the word entrapment is going to come up in your first conversation with your lawyer. They don't approach you, you approach them. If you offer them money for the ticket, they've got you.

Swanman
09-20-2004, 01:48 PM
I'm not a lawyer, but I'm thinking if a cop approaches you, and tries to sell you a ticket, the word entrapment is going to come up in your first conversation with your lawyer.

I agree, but cops get away with entrapment every time they do a prostitution sting (I've seen one too many episodes of Cops).

Kylo Ren
09-20-2004, 01:49 PM
Whether or not they were serious isn't the issue. It's whether or not they were honest.

As a general rule, I don't believe a goddammed thing that comes out of a cops mouth. Why? They are here only to protect and serve. :p

tonyetony
09-20-2004, 01:49 PM
if you pay to park in the parking lot you can't be accused of trespassing and if asking face value or less you are in compliance of the law. Offering primary merchandise with a ticket kicker wihout vendor liccense can get you in trouble also but the city hasn't prosecuted a case like that since the Royals were playing in the I-70 series.

Kylo Ren
09-20-2004, 01:50 PM
I agree. Selling tickets at face value is the purest example of a victimless crime (although I don't believe it's a crime). It hurts absolutely no one. From the Chiefs perspective, someone paid $xx for a seat and no one profited off of subsequent sales, so they shouldn't care. I totally agree. But I'm not going to risk it. I'm not buying any scalped tickets from now on. I'm not going to sell any either.

Kylo Ren
09-20-2004, 01:51 PM
I agree, but cops get away with entrapment every time they do a prostitution sting (I've seen one too many episodes of Cops). Sure you have ........... John. :hmmm:

wazu
09-20-2004, 01:51 PM
I don't see what people are complaining about. This is great news! If scalpers don't have a way to mitigate costs by selling at Arrowhead on Sunday, they will have to either lower their prices in the days/weeks preceding the game or quit scalping tickets altogether.

Anything that makes scalping less profitable will just help make more season tickets available to people who actually love the Chiefs and aren't just looking to hawk tickets.

Saulbadguy
09-20-2004, 02:07 PM
Good. I hate it when we are turning in to the stadium and people are STOPPED in the middle of the freaking road so they can talk to these scalpers. Inside the stadium I don't care, but I can't stand those "I NEED TICKETS" morons.

wazu
09-20-2004, 02:09 PM
I think you're kidding yourself Adam.

All this does is move the scalpers from the parking lot to the street.

It certainly can't help the scalping business. I think any fear of getting arrested at all is enough to scare away a lot of people who normally wouldn't risk that.

It's like downloading music. Scalpers and scalpees had gotten to the point that they did business openly and without fear. Some of them still will, but a lot of people will think twice.

Snakey
09-20-2004, 02:09 PM
That will keep those terrorists away. Talk about stupidity. Now you have to sell them on the street like rock and hookers?

BIG_DADDY
09-20-2004, 02:11 PM
Huge misuse of resources what a joke.

cmh6476
09-20-2004, 02:17 PM
I agree. Selling tickets at face value is the purest example of a victimless crime (although I don't believe it's a crime). It hurts absolutely no one. From the Chiefs perspective, someone paid $xx for a seat and no one profited off of subsequent sales, so they shouldn't care.
if anything, the Chiefs would want those tickets to be used so that they have more concession sales inside.

Kylo Ren
09-20-2004, 02:19 PM
I don't see what people are complaining about. This is great news! If scalpers don't have a way to mitigate costs by selling at Arrowhead on Sunday, they will have to either lower their prices in the days/weeks preceding the game or quit scalping tickets altogether.

Anything that makes scalping less profitable will just help make more season tickets available to people who actually love the Chiefs and aren't just looking to hawk tickets. Good point. :clap:

Saulbadguy
09-20-2004, 02:20 PM
That will keep those terrorists away. Talk about stupidity. Now you have to sell them on the street like rock and hookers?
That and assault rifles.

GoTrav
09-20-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by Adam

Anything that makes scalping less profitable will just help make more season tickets available to people who actually love the Chiefs and aren't just looking to hawk tickets.

Don't mind that they cannot jack up the price of a ticket but the legit fan who has an extra ticket and is selling it for face value or less at the game and getting in trouble for it is plain retarded.

Shouldn't this be posted upon entering the stadium or something to protect the average joe just looking to buy or sell a ticket for his out of town buddy who could or couldn't make the game?

Demonpenz
09-20-2004, 02:27 PM
all my tickets say on the back is "We got you again sucker!" signed Carl Peterson

GoTrav
09-20-2004, 02:27 PM
Check the back of your ticket. I don't KNOW that something's there, but that's where I'd expect to find it.

don't have a ticket here but in essence a ticket to the Chiefs game is like a case of herpes? Once you have it, you can never get rid of it...

wazu
09-20-2004, 02:32 PM
if anything, the Chiefs would want those tickets to be used so that they have more concession sales inside.

The Chiefs seem to have abandoned any hope of meeting the demands for concessions inside Arrowhead. The beer vendor is kinda like Bigfoot. Occassionally there is a siting, but usually he is only seen running away. As for the actual concession stands, lines are usually to the wall, with many fans just giving up and not bothering.

I don't think a few empty seats is going to make a dent in the concessions business. They are already way beyond capacity.

FloridaChief
09-20-2004, 02:33 PM
Check the back of your ticket. I don't KNOW that something's there, but that's where I'd expect to find it.

I just pulled out my ticket from the playoff game (sad-ass that I am, it's been in my wallet since Jan.), and I can't read the damn small print. But I betcha there's something about "resell" on there...

Bob Dole
09-20-2004, 02:41 PM

Actually, the organization and the charities running concessions would appear to be the ultimate losers if there are seats left unfilled.

FloridaChief
09-20-2004, 02:44 PM
don't have a ticket here but in essence a ticket to the Chiefs game is like a case of herpes? Once you have it, you can never get rid of it...

BTW, your avatar is driving me to distraction....

Skip Towne
09-20-2004, 02:46 PM
Last I checked the Chiefs weren't empowered to enact laws. If there's no state law or city ordinance they had better not be handcuffing this old man.

GoTrav
09-20-2004, 02:49 PM
BTW, your avatar is driving me to distraction....

good or bad?

Swanman
09-20-2004, 02:49 PM
Last I checked the Chiefs weren't empowered to enact laws. If there's no state law or city ordinance they had better not be handcuffing this old man.

I was just thinking the exact same thing. If Lamar has a problem with scalpers on his property, then I believe that it's a civil matter, not a criminal matter that the cops should be wasting their time on.

ChiefsFanatic
09-20-2004, 02:51 PM
At least they aren't out trying to stop drug dealers. I am not sure how I would react if the tax dollars I pay went to fund the apprehension and removal of drugs off the street.

On the other hand, the way scalpers destroy the communities we live in is a disgrace.

Bob Dole
09-20-2004, 02:52 PM
I was just thinking the exact same thing. If Lamar has a problem with scalpers on his property, then I believe that it's a civil matter, not a criminal matter that the cops should be wasting their time on.

Lamar has been very clear recently that he doesn't "own" the property.

cmh6476
09-20-2004, 02:53 PM
The Chiefs seem to have abandoned any hope of meeting the demands for concessions inside Arrowhead. The beer vendor is kinda like Bigfoot. Occassionally there is a siting, but usually he is only seen running away. As for the actual concession stands, lines are usually to the wall, with many fans just giving up and not bothering.

I don't think a few empty seats is going to make a dent in the concessions business. They are already way beyond capacity.

no they haven't :thumb: (http://www.votebig.org/)

FloridaChief
09-20-2004, 02:53 PM
good or bad?

Good, bad...I dunno. Anything but indifferent....

wazu
09-20-2004, 02:54 PM
If Lamar has a problem with scalpers on his property, then I believe that it's a civil matter, not a criminal matter that the cops should be wasting their time on.

I don't think Arrowhead is Lamar's "property". My guess is there is some kind of state law or city ordinance that is being broken when tickets are sold there. (Maybe some kind of distance from event law or something.)

Anyway, assuming there is some kind of law being broken, then Lamar probably just asked that it be enforced.

jspchief
09-20-2004, 02:58 PM
What makes ya think ticket scalpers and drug dealers aren't the same person?

All I know is I saw a scalper riding a bike that was the wrong size for him. If I didn't know any better, I'd think the bike was stolen.

Kylo Ren
09-20-2004, 04:51 PM
I don't think Arrowhead is Lamar's "property". My guess is there is some kind of state law or city ordinance that is being broken when tickets are sold there. (Maybe some kind of distance from event law or something.)

Anyway, assuming there is some kind of law being broken, then Lamar probably just asked that it be enforced. Exactly.

dtebbe
09-20-2004, 05:13 PM

Most all cities have laws on the books about having to be permitted to do business, I know in atlanta that is the law they use to bust scalpers.

Last year I was walking to my seats and I had one extra ticket. I was holding it up in front of my chest, not saying a word. Some guy walked by in plain clothes and told me to "put that ticket away, or get arrested". I told him to shove it up his a$$ and kept walking. Either it was a pussy undercover cop, or a pussy Donky fan, not sure which :)

DT

tonyetony
09-20-2004, 05:17 PM
the guys down at oak park mall (aces) are greasing some palms down at city hall so they can grease people like you guys that are to chicken shit to buy them from scalpers for $100s less. IMO the brokers are the real crooks even if their bike fits.

tonyetony
09-20-2004, 05:27 PM
BTW i am pretty much your law abiding guy but....... i love to buy tickets from scalpers. I have never been shut out of a game and I never have had to pay face value.