PDA

View Full Version : Vermeil just said Priest was hurt and they gave up...

jcroft
09-20-2004, 03:26 PM
Basically.

On 810. He said he had some very minor ankle sprain. I missed most of it. Sounds like he might be ready to go this week, but maybe not. Then, he said, "They just didn't want to play him" at the end of the game. Said he was fine, but they didn't want to play him. Right after he explained his injury, he said he was fine but they just didn't WANT to play him. So they gave up?

What the hell. Doesn't make any sense.

Chiefnj
09-20-2004, 03:28 PM
It makes lots of sense. It means Priest is hurt and they are waiting to get a 2nd or 3rd opinion before saying anything remotely true.

jcroft
09-20-2004, 03:30 PM
If we read between the lines it makes sense. If we take Vermeil for what he said, it's foolish. He said, "He wasn't injured yesterday, that's not why we took him out. Oh, and by the way he's on the injury report now. But he's not injured. He wasn't yesterday. He'll be out for Sunday. But he's not hurt. We took him out because we want to. He has a minor ankle sprin. No injury, though."

Make sense of that.

shaneo69
09-20-2004, 03:46 PM
Just remember, the only place you can get the real truth is on KCChiefs.com. :rolleyes:

jcroft
09-20-2004, 03:47 PM
lol

R&GHomer
09-20-2004, 03:48 PM
If we read between the lines it makes sense. If we take Vermeil for what he said, it's foolish. He said, "He wasn't injured yesterday, that's not why we took him out. Oh, and by the way he's on the injury report now. But he's not injured. He wasn't yesterday. He'll be out for Sunday. But he's not hurt. We took him out because we want to. He has a minor ankle sprin. No injury, though."

Make sense of that.

:shake: Nope, not even going to try.

Coogs
09-20-2004, 03:50 PM

Make sense of that.

Hence, my thread asking if the Chiefs are imploding. Lot's of strange things happening lately behind the scenes. Reminds me of the old Gun days in a sad sort of way.

tonyetony
09-20-2004, 03:51 PM
Green says priest was banged up and was thinking it looked like a mcl when he was tackled.

dirk digler
09-20-2004, 03:53 PM
Priest may be hurt but I don't think its his knee. He got up and walked off the field with little or no limp. That just doesn't happen with knee injuries.

jcroft
09-20-2004, 03:55 PM
Everything Vermeil and Trent said on 810 indicated that it was his ankle that was bothering him, not the knee. They said he does have a bit of MCL tenderness, but it's not bothering him at all and the injury report mark is for the ankle.

Logical
Hence, my thread asking if the Chiefs are imploding. Lot's of strange things happening lately behind the scenes. Reminds me of the old Gun days in a sad sort of way.

Gun has obviously done a Vulcan mind meld on DV and is now in control of the team.:spock:

MOhillbilly
IMO dick is to soft to shot his curs.

No pun intended.:p

BigRedChief
09-20-2004, 03:57 PM
Green says priest was banged up and was thinking it looked like a mcl when he was tackled.

I was watching pretty close through some good binoculars and thats what it looked like to me also.

Coogs
09-20-2004, 03:57 PM
Gun has obviously done a Vulcan mind meld on DV and is now in control of the team.:spock:

Absolutely! Now things make sense again! ;)

Demonpenz
09-20-2004, 05:05 PM
I was watching pretty close through some good binoculars and thats what it looked like to me also.
those must have been some good binoculars to see into priests ****ing knee