PDA

View Full Version : What the injuries mean.

the Talking Can
09-20-2004, 05:27 PM
They mean we will find out, quickly, how well our front office has managed personel.

New England is the gold standard. Everyone they plugged in last year played well. Part of that credit goes to their draft, part to their coaches.

Denver is a mixed example. Last year they lost several defensive players. Their back-ups played well enough for that defense to finish in the top ten (their back-ups were better than our starters). But, their backup QBs sucked a#$ and cost them.

Injuries are not an excuse. It is the responsibility of the front office to acquire through FA or the draft players who can succeed when called upon.

CP and DV have said many times that this is the deepest team they've ever assembled (imho, I think they're crazy). So now we get to test those claims.

Will our back-ups rise to the occasion, or will they fail and expose CP's efforts as insufficient??

The early reports from our WR core are not promising.

Bob Dole
09-20-2004, 05:28 PM
Bob Dole read somewhere that it means we are old and starting to beak down.

Bob Dole isn't sure what "beak down" is, but it can't be good.

the Talking Can
09-20-2004, 05:29 PM
Bob Dole read somewhere that it means we are old and starting to beak down.

Bob Dole isn't sure what "beak down" is, but it can't be good.

injuries happen to everybody...Mitchell/Wilson/Boerigter etc..are not old guys

Bob Dole
09-20-2004, 05:32 PM
injuries happen to everybody...Mitchell/Wilson/Boerigter etc..are not old guys

You're a <b>****ing can</b>.

Maybe you could grant us some more wisdom, like "Injuries only happen when players get hurt."

Hel'n
09-20-2004, 05:34 PM

Maybe you could grant us some more wisdom, like "Injuries only happen when players get hurt."

Injuries only happen to other people before they happen to you...

;)

the Talking Can
09-20-2004, 05:34 PM

dude relax...wtf?

sorry for having a conversation with you....

ROYC75
09-20-2004, 05:35 PM

Naw, no ****ing way, they do ?

Hel'n
09-20-2004, 05:35 PM
dude relax...wtf?

he's having an ORANGE ALERT day...

;)

Bob Dole
09-20-2004, 05:44 PM
dude relax...wtf?

Just ****ing funnin' wit ya, Can. Didn't realize a tin cylinder had ****ing feelings.

And rest easy knowing that you are not the first person who has been sorry they tried to converse with Bob Dole.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2004, 05:44 PM
The Broncos have a serious injury too. Trevor Pryce is out for a few weeks.

the Talking Can
09-20-2004, 05:46 PM
Just ****ing funnin' wit ya, Can.

And rest easy knowing that you are not the first person who has been sorry they tried to converse with Bob Dole.

its cool...just caught me off-gaurd...I didn't have my Chiefs Planet fire suit on...

ROYC75
09-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Hey Can, don't sweat it, Bob ****ing Dole is having one of those ****ing days that everybody keeps ****ing reminding him of.

We are try'n to see if he loses his ****ing head sometime before the ****ing day is over. :thumb:

the Talking Can
09-20-2004, 05:48 PM
The Broncos have a serious injury too. Trevor Pryce is out for a few weeks.

I guess I just wanted to say that I'd like to see our back-ups make plays...like it seems every other team's do...but mostly our backups just play like crap.

I was trying not to be as negative as I feel.