PDA

View Full Version : So where the **** were the Planteers...

AirForceChief
09-20-2004, 06:14 PM
...when I was strolling through B-5 this weekend? Guess you guys were too cool for school, cause I got 'dissed trying to fing the Planet folks.

B5 Folks: "Planet? What's the Planet? Uh, they're in H I think...ask that dude over there."
Dude Over There: "Planet tailgate...not here...arn't they those on-line whiners?"
Me: "Huh?"

Damn, I felt like Slayer Diablo without the minty fresh breath. OUCH that hurt!

Oh well, wasn't like that was my first trip to Arrowhead since I joined the military 13 years ago...aww, crap, it was!!!

Ouch, again! :banghead:

David.
09-20-2004, 06:15 PM
nuts?

wazu
09-20-2004, 06:21 PM
I was in C7. No other planeteers in my group that I know of. The lines formed really early yesterday morning.

Did they really call us whiners?

Baby Lee
09-20-2004, 06:21 PM
Had to go to the Sports Zone to watch. My fortune to find a group of not only Chiefs fans, but KU alums. Turns out this particular Zone gets taken over by KU fans in the BB season. Every game is shown. They get their call of the best monitors. Wear KU gear and get tons of freebies and reduced prices from the menu.

David.
09-20-2004, 06:26 PM
Had to go to the Sports Zone to watch. My fortune to find a group of not only Chiefs fans, but KU alums. Turns out this particular Zone gets taken over by KU fans in the BB season. Every game is shown. They get their call of the best monitors. Wear KU gear and get tons of freebies and reduced prices from the menu.

I don't know if I'd call running into KU alums good fortune. :)

AirForceChief
09-20-2004, 06:29 PM
Somehow, over the last couple years, I had gotten it into my head that the Planet regulars met up in B5...

shakesthecat
09-20-2004, 06:32 PM
Hmmm let's see.

There was me, First Down Elvis, Phobia, htismaqe, KCDan, Saulbadguy, and prolly a few others I missed.

Hell, I even had my ChiefsPlanet cap on.

Sorry you missed us.

wazu
09-20-2004, 06:34 PM
Hell, I even had my ChiefsPlanet cap on.

:cuss:

Phobia
09-20-2004, 06:35 PM
You must have gotten there late. I was there from about 9:30-10:30 and there were about 10 of us milling around. Then Nzoner invited us down to a big tailgate for the St. Joe Chamber of Commerce, so we went and grabbed some free grub and brews. I was down there about 20 minutes and had to run back to the people I came with.... I'll be at B5 the entire time this weekend, though.

Sorry we missed you, AFC.

David.
09-20-2004, 06:36 PM
so which one of you was "Guy over there" and which were "b5 folks" :) I think they were dodging you Airforce

AirForceChief
09-20-2004, 06:41 PM
so which one of you was "Guy over there" and which were "b5 folks" :) I think they were dodging you Airforce

Oh, I was passed around like a jail house B...then dodged! Got there around 9 or 9:30...went right cross I-70 to the parking lot, straight to the B-5 sign w/ white truck immediately underneath...conversation previously related...then wandered B-5 uphill to B-6...

I'd reckon I'm just a LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSER!

Jenson71
09-20-2004, 06:42 PM
What time do the B5 guys have their circle jerk on 3:15pm games?

Cause I'd really like to join.

Phobia
09-20-2004, 06:44 PM
When was the last time the Chiefs played a 3:00 game at Arrowhead? That's a west coast game, generally.

Jenson71
09-20-2004, 06:45 PM
Unless kcchiefs.com has a typo, the Sunday game vs. the Broncos at arrowhead on 12/19 is at 3:15.

Phobia
09-20-2004, 06:46 PM
Oh - that's a Saturday game - the rules don't apply.

Jenson71
09-20-2004, 06:51 PM
What? Sat.?!? I have cartoons to watch. :harumph:

Jenson71
09-20-2004, 06:56 PM
I have three calendars telling me the 19th is a Sunday.

AirForceChief
09-20-2004, 07:00 PM

Damn those Gregorians and the Chineese!!

Jenson71
09-20-2004, 07:02 PM
I've always believed that if the chinese people hadn't made chinese food, they'd be an entire race of useless people.

No offense to them though. They still have time.

AirForceChief
09-20-2004, 07:11 PM
You must have gotten there late. I was there from about 9:30-10:30 and there were about 10 of us milling around. Then Nzoner invited us down to a big tailgate for the St. Joe Chamber of Commerce, so we went and grabbed some free grub and brews. I was down there about 20 minutes and had to run back to the people I came with.... I'll be at B5 the entire time this weekend, though.

Sorry we missed you, AFC.

So where in B-5 is this...cause I was under the B-5 sign w/ a bunch o' folks who pulled the Sgt Schultz...thought I had to know the "Hi Sign" but was SOL. :shake:

Skip Towne
09-20-2004, 07:15 PM
As it should be.

Phobia
09-20-2004, 07:22 PM

Well, clearly I was mistaken, but I'm going to take a page out of Dick Vermeil's book and pretend there was no way I could have known it was actually a Sunday....

"Well, my calendar indicated that it was a Saturday and that's all the information I had available to me at the time of the decision. Unfortunately, I can't tell the future so that the decision I made and I'll take responsibility for it. It was later pointed out by one of my assistants that my calendar was from 1998. That's something that starts at the top and I.... I have to be the one responsible, sniff sniff."

Phobia
09-20-2004, 07:25 PM
So where in B-5 is this...cause I was under the B-5 sign w/ a bunch o' folks who pulled the Sgt Schultz...thought I had to know the "Hi Sign" but was SOL. :shake:

Right in front of B-5. Draw a line from the Clarion to Arrowhead. It will intersect the B-5 sign. On the side of the B-5 sign closest to Arrowhead is where the group normally is.... Heh heh. I dunno what happened. Next time you're in town, PM me so I can get you a phone number.

Skip Towne
09-20-2004, 07:25 PM
What? Sat.?!? I have cartoons to watch. :harumph:
Some of you probably think he's kidding.

stevieray
09-20-2004, 08:21 PM
AFC, I can see how that happened. You went to the east side of the pole with the box delivery truck. We were one aisle closer to Arrowhead..

Sorry we missed you.

stevieray
09-20-2004, 08:23 PM
Unless kcchiefs.com has a typo, the Sunday game vs. the Broncos at arrowhead on 12/19 is at 3:15.

They're catering to the Invescos normal kick off time.

Phobia
09-20-2004, 08:29 PM

They'll also be funneling in thin air and cooking oil in preparation for the big event.

NewChief
09-20-2004, 08:34 PM
I've had problems finding the B5 tailgate as well. I suggest that there be some kind of banner/flag for the Planet made up that you guys fly over the tailgate. It's really, really awkward walking up to some random tailgate, "You guys from ChiefsPlanet?"

It's also a damned long walk down from D2 (my family's tailgate) to B5, only to not find the tailgate.

AirForceChief
09-20-2004, 08:38 PM
I've had problems finding the B5 tailgate as well. I suggest that there be some kind of banner/flag for the Planet made up that you guys fly over the tailgate. It's really, really awkward walking up to some random tailgate, "You guys from ChiefsPlanet?"

It's also a damned long walk down from D2 (my family's tailgate) to B5, only to not find the tailgate.

Screw "awkard", I just didn't think those I asked were "Middle American Cool" as I USED to brag to others in the military...I felt like Flounder from Animal House: "Hi, Guys. Playin' cards??"

Phobia
09-20-2004, 08:41 PM
Well, let me use this thread to discuss an ongoing problem.

B5 isn't the ChiefsPlanet official tailgate. We don't have one. B5 is a meeting point for Planeteers, but it actually belongs to a group of people who have been tailgating together for many years - only one of whom is a Planeteer. This is why there is no ChiefsPlanet flag nor any other identifying characteristics. We *really* need to find and identify an OFFICIAL ChiefsPlanet rallying point.

The following is not so much a bitch about as it is a compliment to another group of Chiefs fans:

This weekend, I was invited to participate in another internet organization's charity events, attend their tailgate, and sit in their section at the game. ChiefsPlanet has 10x as many registered users and has been around 4x as long - yet, their participation level was quadruple anything I've ever seen with ChiefsPlanet. That is probably attributed to their leadership, because I was shocked at how organized and well done their events were.

We need to find somebody who is willing to take the tailgating ball and run with it. Hell, we could eventually even buy a ChiefsPlanet tailgating bus or something cool like that.... We have the numbers, now we just need to find the people to make it happen.

Inspector
09-20-2004, 08:45 PM

I saw you on TV again. Just as they were going to a commercial break.

"Hey, that guy hangs out on the planet..."

AirForceChief
09-20-2004, 08:46 PM

B5 isn't the ChiefsPlanet official tailgate. We don't have one. B5 is a meeting point for Planeteers, but it actually belongs to a group of people who have been tailgating together for many years - only one of whom is a Planeteer. This is why there is no ChiefsPlanet flag nor any other identifying characteristics. We *really* need to find and identify an OFFICIAL ChiefsPlanet rallying point.

The following is not so much a bitch about as it is a compliment to another group of Chiefs fans:

This weekend, I was invited to participate in another internet organization's charity events, attend their tailgate, and sit in their section at the game. ChiefsPlanet has 10x as many registered users and has been around 4x as long - yet, their participation level was quadruple anything I've ever seen with ChiefsPlanet. That is probably attributed to their leadership, because I was shocked at how organized and well done their events were.

We need to find somebody who is willing to take the tailgating ball and run with it. Hell, we could eventually even buy a ChiefsPlanet tailgating bus or something cool like that.... We have the numbers, now we just need to find the people to make it happen.

Uh, not to jump ship or anything, but do you care to share the other groups name?

Jenny Gump
09-20-2004, 08:47 PM
Hell, we could eventually even buy a ChiefsPlanet tailgating bus or something cool like that....

I vote we get a submarine. Those are f*cking awesome man.

Dartgod
09-20-2004, 08:47 PM
We *really* need to find and identify an OFFICIAL ChiefsPlanet rallying point.
No shit. You internet geeks are really screwing up my tailgating karma.

You guys can have B500. That should be far enough away.

NewChief
09-20-2004, 08:49 PM
Well, let me use this thread to discuss an ongoing problem...

Yeah, now that you mention it, I remember this discussion. I can see how it's a problem, because lots of people have other tailgating obligations to go along with their Planet friends. That's my problem: I have a family that I tailgate with. We usually have around 10 regulars, with a rotating group of 10-15 guests that have flown or driven in from out of town. I'm responsible for helping put that tailgate together, cooking, unpacking, packing, unpacking, packing, etc. I imagine that a lot of other folks are the same way. I'd really like to get away and meet up with the Planeteers, but it's always for a very brief time (3 hours really isn't enough time for tailgating, imo).

I don't know what the solution is. I guess someone just has to eventually volunteer to make their tailgate the official Planet tailgate (I'd love to, but "my" tailgate is really my inlaws tailgate, and they already think I'm weird for spending so much time online ;) )

Phobia
09-20-2004, 08:51 PM
Uh, not to jump ship or anything, but do you care to share the other groups name?

No problem.

http://www.chiefscoalition.com

They're just like ChiefsPlanet in that they grew fed up with mgmt at kansascity.com and started their own site. In fact, if you go there, it will remind you of the Planet 2-3 years ago.

My personal philosophy is "the more, the merrier". As long as a Chiefs site isn't, uh, doing what that shithole does, I wish them well. There's plenty of Chiefs fans to go around on the internet. Likewise, there's enough Chiefs sites that everybody should be able to find one at which they feel welcomed and comfortable.

JazzzLovr
09-20-2004, 09:00 PM
No shit. You internet geeks are really screwing up my tailgating karma.

...and eating your food, too!

:p

Missed ya this week, Bob. :)

Dartgod
09-20-2004, 09:02 PM
...and eating your food, too!

:p

Missed ya this week, Bob. :)
Yeah, I really missed being there too. One bright note was that I wasn't nearly as pissed as I would have been had I seen that debacle in person.

JazzzLovr
09-20-2004, 09:05 PM
Yeah, I really missed being there too. One bright note was that I wasn't nearly as pissed as I would have been had I seen that debacle in person.

True. You missed WeirdWolf signing an autograph for Willie Lanier, tho. :)

Jenny Gump
09-20-2004, 09:05 PM
No problem.

http://www.chiefscoalition.com

They're just like ChiefsPlanet in that they grew fed up with mgmt at kansascity.com and started their own site. In fact, if you go there, it will remind you of the Planet 2-3 years ago.

My personal philosophy is "the more, the merrier". As long as a Chiefs site isn't, uh, doing what that shithole does, I wish them well. There's plenty of Chiefs fans to go around on the internet. Likewise, there's enough Chiefs sites that everybody should be able to find one at which they feel welcomed and comfortable.

Looks like someone got the ol' "reach around" by the coalition. I say good for you.

Phobia
09-20-2004, 09:12 PM
Looks like someone got the ol' "reach around" by the coalition. I say good for you.

Heh heh - nah, it ain't like that. This is my internet hangout, but I liked the coalition people. They're lots of fun and I'm impressed by them. One can never have too many friends, IMO. But you bastards are stuck with me.

Do you have a submarine you'd like to donate for tailgating?

grandllama
09-20-2004, 10:37 PM
I saw you on TV again. Just as they were going to a commercial break.

"Hey, that guy hangs out on the planet..."

My son keeps seeing FDE everywhere too... but he always has to call me and tell me he just saw the guy that tried to kill him in the Scooby van last year ROFL

grandllama
09-20-2004, 10:43 PM
I missed everybody Sunday too...we got to the stadium late, so I was going to stop by on the way out... but I was so pissed when the game was over that I just got in the van and went home.

BTW, last year, I was having a heck of a time finding everybody at B5 the first time too, but the folks in the bread truck on the other side of the B5 sign were very gracious to me and Ms. Llama and even fed us until I found Weird Wolf and asked him where everybody was and he introduced me to to Phobia...

BigRedChief
09-20-2004, 11:05 PM
Okay I'll come clean. I go over to the coalition site and hang with them also. I'm not a member of the board board but they are good people (Mighty Mike, X-Factor, RedMan etc.) and I know several of them personally.

I was at their party/tailgating this Sunday with them. I showed up and their was a big announcement that BigRedChief had arrived. Made me feel welcome. It's funny that Phobia didn't introduce himself. Wonder what that means?:hmmm:

I like the planet tailgating idea. Sounds like people have a hard tie finding B5. I would suggest down by where the pope/ hearst guy is by the entrace to Arrowhead in first few rows by the aisle in the "D" parking lot. It's easy to find. People can stop by on thier way into the stadium.

Phobia
09-20-2004, 11:11 PM
I was at their party/tailgating this Sunday with them. I showed up and their was a big announcement that BigRedChief had arrived. Made me feel welcome. It's funny that Phobia didn't introduce himself. Wonder what that means?:hmmm:

It means that I didn't hear an announcement. Heh heh - would have loved to meet ya. When did you arrive? I was there from 8:00 until 9:30 and back at 11:00 until gametime. Then I hung out there afterwards, too. Did you see me?

BigRedChief
09-20-2004, 11:20 PM
It means that I didn't hear an announcement. Heh heh - would have loved to meet ya. When did you arrive? I was there from 8:00 until 9:30 and back at 11:00 until gametime. Then I hung out there afterwards, too. Did you see me?
I was there from about 10:00-11:00 . Had to leave because of family obligations after the game (had to hurry home and kick my dog). I don't know what you look like (I hear thats a good thing) . I got introdouced to most everybody.

Those guys can party. It was some funny chit when X-Factor went into one of those portable toliets and RedMan started rocking it back and forth almost tipped it over with X-Factor inside...best time all day...:deevee:

NewChief
09-21-2004, 04:59 AM

Aha. You guys were in one of the tents in D lot, then. You were really close to our tailgate. I saw X-Factor and that crew hanging out in that tent. It definitely seemed like a group of folks that knew each other, but I thought they were like the X-Factor groupie club or something.

BigRedChief
09-21-2004, 07:05 AM
Aha. You guys were in one of the tents in D lot, then. You were really close to our tailgate. I saw X-Factor and that crew hanging out in that tent. It definitely seemed like a group of folks that knew each other, but I thought they were like the X-Factor groupie club or something.
It was the first time most of them had ever met. They came from Atlanta, Calfornia, New York and just about every place in between. Where do you tailgate? I'm usually about 8 or 10 rows back from the Priest/Hearse guy.

Baby Lee
09-21-2004, 07:11 AM
I vote we get a submarine. Those are f*cking awesome man.
What? No Big Sandwich?!?!?

shakesthecat
09-21-2004, 07:13 AM
What? No Big Sandwich?!?!?

Dusting off a "Wings" reference. Nice. :thumb:

KC Dan
09-21-2004, 07:22 AM
Screw "awkard", I just didn't think those I asked were "Middle American Cool" as I USED to brag to others in the military...I felt like Flounder from Animal House: "Hi, Guys. Playin' cards??"
Damn, so sorry. Next time I'll remember to wear my Chiefsplanet sandwich boards! This time with clothes underneath...

Baby Lee
09-21-2004, 07:23 AM
Dusting off a "Wings" reference. Nice. :thumb:
For a while, that was the 'whazzzupppp?' before there was a "whazzzuppppp?' among my friends.
Every time we got together to watch the game, or just drink, someone decried the lack of a big sammich.

NewChief
09-21-2004, 08:09 AM
It was the first time most of them had ever met. They came from Atlanta, Calfornia, New York and just about every place in between. Where do you tailgate? I'm usually about 8 or 10 rows back from the Priest/Hearse guy.

Our passes are for D2, but we usually tailgate on the grass around the outside, if we can. As the season goes on, they put up more and more official tents, so we usually get bumped into the actual parking lot.

Phobia
09-21-2004, 08:11 AM
X-Factor groupies, huh? ROFL Not likely - at least not me. I think his schtick is silly and his costume worse. He knows how I feel. He thinks I'm silly and that I'm fat. We give each other shit in equal portions.

But, he's a nice guy and he's doing it for the right reasons. That goes a long way, IMO. I'd call him a friend, but "groupie" wouldn't even be close.

NewChief
09-21-2004, 08:37 AM
X-Factor groupies, huh? ROFL Not likely - at least not me. I think his schtick is silly and his costume worse. He knows how I feel. He thinks I'm silly and that I'm fat. We give each other shit in equal portions.

But, he's a nice guy and he's doing it for the right reasons. That goes a long way, IMO. I'd call him a friend, but "groupie" wouldn't even be close.

Suuuuure, Phobia.

But yeah, he's got like an X-Factor car, too. There were actually two of them parked side by side a little bit down from their tent. The reasons I thought it was an X-Factor groupie convention was that a bunch of the people had shirts on saying something about the X-factor. Something like, 'The 12th man is the X-Factor' or something. I dunno, I'd had a few bloody marys by that time, so it's all a little fuzzy.

I've never met him, but he did stop by our tailgate one week when I wasn't there. Everyone said he was nice.

Phobia
09-21-2004, 08:42 AM
Heh heh - he has a couple of friends who wear that shirt.

I'm gonna shut up about it now because I do really like him.

BigRedChief
09-21-2004, 08:49 AM
Hey the X-Factor is a real dude. I vouch for him also. He goes around to schools. Talks to kids. Always takes time to hang with the kids at games. He's in the frigging pro football hall of fame.

stevieray
09-21-2004, 08:49 AM
Heh heh - he has a couple of friends who wear that shirt.

I'm gonna shut up about it now because I do really like him.

ROFL

Lzen
09-21-2004, 09:51 AM
Heh heh, this is kinda funny cause I had the same problem last year looking for B5 Planeteers before the Denver game. I felt really stupid asking if anyone knew Dartgod. :banghead: This week, I didn't check B5. We might stop by at the Texans game, though. Like others, I have some friends that I will be with and it kinda depends on if I can talk them into it. One of them lurks here and has posted a couple times. He goes by the handle 'twrerctr'. He will be accompanying my wife and I this Saturday in St. Joe. So be nice, you heathens.

On another note, I was next to these dudes in the parking lot. One of them was wearing a t-shirt that said Willie Pile. On the back, it said something like "#35 but #1 in my heart". I asked him if he was a college buddy or something and he replied that Pile was gonna be a superstar (or something to that effect). Anyone else see this dude? That was a little strange to me but hey, whatever.

ChiefMan
09-21-2004, 11:33 PM

Thanks, Phob. It was great meeting you.

htismaqe
09-22-2004, 12:00 PM
I would have never found them if it hadn't have been for the dork in the Elvis costume.

:D

NewChief
09-22-2004, 12:42 PM
I would have never found them if it hadn't have been for the dork in the Elvis costume.

So how do you introduce yourself at these things:

"Hi. I'm that dude with the unpronouncable name that looks something like hit smack"

stevieray
09-22-2004, 12:50 PM

I thought you would be alot taller and not as fat.

:)

stevieray
09-22-2004, 12:51 PM

"Hi. I'm that dude with the unpronouncable name that looks something like hit smack"

that's pretty darn close.

htismaqe
09-22-2004, 03:29 PM

Now THAT is funny. :D

Of course, I thought it was more that you were "scrawny" than it was that I was fat.

htismaqe
09-22-2004, 03:29 PM

My EXACT words were:

"I'm the mod with the unpronounceable username."

ROFL

BigRedChief
09-22-2004, 03:55 PM

I prefer the term horizontaly challenged :)