PDA

View Full Version : Best Free P2P download site?

LTownChief
09-20-2004, 09:43 PM
what is the best free place to download music??? I use Ares but it seems to be down right now and I want to download music. I also will not use Kazaa because of the spyware.

|Zach|
09-20-2004, 09:46 PM
It is all you will ever need... Soulseek

http://www.slsknet.org/download.html

Nelson Muntz
09-20-2004, 09:46 PM
I think it was ZachKC that recommended Soulseek the other day and I tried it and it's the best I've ever used.

Off-Topic: This is my 2000th post. Just slightly over 3 years to get it. :banghead:

Nelson Muntz
09-20-2004, 09:47 PM

Well **** you. I was typing a reply about you. :p

|Zach|
09-20-2004, 09:49 PM
I have tried many many others...it is the best by far...zero spyware

Nelson Muntz
09-20-2004, 09:51 PM
I have tried many many others...it is the best by far...zero spyware

Have you tried paying the $5.00 by paypal to become privileged or whatever they call it? It didn't seem to help me too much.

|Zach|
09-20-2004, 09:51 PM
Have you tried paying the $5.00 by paypal to become privileged or whatever they call it? It didn't seem to help me too much.
I did the donation and felt it made quite a difference.

Nelson Muntz
09-20-2004, 09:57 PM
I did the donation and felt it made quite a difference.

I didn't notice any difference but it could have been the people I was downloading from. Hell I replaced my entire CD collection in a month or month and a half. I can't remember when I saw that you recommended it. Have some rep. :thumb:

KCWolfman
09-20-2004, 09:59 PM

Question on the service. How do I stop playing a tune once I start it in Soulseek? I cannot locate a play/pause/stop button anywhere.

Nelson Muntz
09-20-2004, 10:01 PM
Question on the service. How do I stop playing a tune once I start it in Soulseek? I cannot locate a play/pause/stop button anywhere.

I just preview it in Winamp directly from the download folder. I never even noticed you could preview it from Soulseek directly.

LTownChief
09-20-2004, 10:02 PM
I cannot get anything to download, they all just stay remotely cued, this sucks

Nelson Muntz
09-20-2004, 10:04 PM

It just takes a little time sometimes. Have patience. If you ever used Kazaa and got all the corrupted mp3 files, you won't have to worry about it on Soulseek. Also try searching again and getting the file from a user with the lowest in que number or whatever it is. Don't give up this easy with it as its well worth the time.

Nelson Muntz
09-20-2004, 10:05 PM

Also right click on the files and click get place in line and occasionally retry. I don't know if it actually helps or not but it seemed to help me.

LTownChief
09-20-2004, 10:10 PM
I don't know about this. I ran a search for Notorious BIG and got 7 results. I have been waiting about 10 minutes for songs to start downloading because they are remotely cued.

I haven't had this problem with Ares until I got a new windows update. I'm not sure if that update is screwing with the firewall somehow, I don't know. this is pissing me off though

KCWolfman
09-20-2004, 10:11 PM
I just preview it in Winamp directly from the download folder. I never even noticed you could preview it from Soulseek directly.
Yeah, double click on any song that is downloaded. I can find no process playing it, so I can't stop it.

|Zach|
09-20-2004, 10:13 PM
All of my songs play through Itunes...so I when I open them they open that program...I have never played it through soulseek.

LTownChief
09-20-2004, 10:18 PM
how can you change your computers settings to accept TCP connections? or to change something so you can download music. I think this new windows update ****ed everything all up