PDA

View Full Version : Interesting point about ticket prices

tk13
09-20-2004, 11:10 PM
I hadn't actually thought of this, and I guess it will and won't matter to some people, but I was over reading on a Royals board and someone made a point about ticket prices and how the media is bashing the front office. While obviously tickets aren't anything remotely close to cheap, the one big thing we were all forgetting when comparing "average ticket prices" is that most teams have Personal Seat Licenses. I'd forgotten all about that. Apparently, in Carolina for instance, PSL's to get lower level season tickets range from $5500 dollars to $20,000 dollars. It's just a one time fee, but it's not cheap, and it's required to get season tickets. Without doing the math, I'm sure there's enough season ticket turnover each year to make a killing on these fees. I don't know where I really wanna go with this thread, but I thought that was a huge fact being omitted while we discuss the rantings of Jack Harry, for instance. :)

Phobia
09-20-2004, 11:16 PM
The only places with PSL's are those who have brand new stadiums. It's a onetime charge for the life of your season ticket contract. Plus, it's transferable.

It would never fly in KC.

Ugly Duck
09-20-2004, 11:48 PM
The only places with PSL's are those who have brand new stadiums. It's a onetime charge for the life of your season ticket contract. Plus, it's transferable.'Cept in Oakland, where the PSLs are rented for 10 years.

Demonpenz
09-20-2004, 11:50 PM
there, now we know why we didn't add any new players this offseason, everyone happy?

teedubya
09-21-2004, 12:03 AM
there, now we know why we didn't add any new players this offseason, everyone happy?yep, im ****in' estatic.