PDA

View Full Version : PriestGate. Don't piss on my boots and tell me it's raining.

BigRedChief
09-21-2004, 07:00 AM
Okay so they are telling us that it wasn't injury that kept him out of the game late in the 4th quarter. Priest says he was okay. DV says Blaylock was just as good as Priest in the situations that they planned to use him. No injury. Down 11 points with 8 mintues left and Blaylock is just as good as Priest. Don't piss on my boots and tell me it's raining. BS.

I smell something fishy. Something is going on. I don't pretend to know and its all speculation at this point but something is up.

I think what happened is that the Coaches gave up down 11 points with 8 mintues left. They didn't want to risk Priest anymore in a game they considered lost. They can't come out and say that but thats what it looks like to me anyway.

I'm real concerned with the effort of some of the players. It's looking like the Dale Carter/Andre Rison era again where the fans care more than the players do about winning. But if the players see their coaches giving up only down 11 with 8 mintues left maybe they are thinking we may as well give up too.

This is either going one of two ways.

Either they rally around each other. Us against the world mentality or the team implodes.

J Diddy
09-21-2004, 07:02 AM
How about I sh** on your boots and call it a mudslide?

BigRedChief
09-21-2004, 07:10 AM
How about I sh** on your boots and call it a mudslide?

Maybe we should start a bad analogy thread? Either way it's the same point. BS is sliding or raining down the Chief fans legs out of Arrowhead.

KcMizzou
09-21-2004, 07:17 AM
Read the Whitlock article.

AirForceChief
09-21-2004, 07:19 AM
"I'm real concerned with the effort of some of the players. It's looking like the Dale Carter/Andre Rison era again where the fans care more than the players do about winning."

I hate to say this, but the loudest fans near us were Panther fans...the stadium seemed to lack the buzz/intensity I recall it having. Folks just seemed flat; players and fans alike. First time I left the stadium with my voice...I got tired of trying to fire folks up. Man, the upper reserve section was always loud in the past :shake:

J Diddy
09-21-2004, 07:20 AM
Maybe we should start a bad analogy thread? Either way it's the same point. BS is sliding or raining down the Chief fans legs out of Arrowhead.

Dude I tried to make it to the porta-pody.

The lines were too long.

:)

chief52
09-21-2004, 07:25 AM
Sure Priest was banged up on that play. Did you see it on TV?

Chiefs lost, but I do not question their drive or effort...nor do I think it even remotely possible that they just "gave up". They lost and yes Priest got banged up on a play that a lesser athlete would not have walked away from.

Hydrae
09-21-2004, 07:33 AM
The thing I have noticed with this team is that there is no emotional leader. Here we were struggling to get things going on offense and while the defense is on the field, the offense is just sitting there. I was really hoping to see Trent, or anyone, going around talking to the team, firing them up and getting some excitment out of the players. But we don't really have anyone on either side of the ball like that.

jcroft
09-21-2004, 08:16 AM
There are really only two possibilities:

1. They gave up and don't want to admit it.
2. They knew Preist was dinged up and didn't want to risk further damage to him. Vermeil said he didn't find out about Priest's injury until Tuesday morning, but Trent said he knew he was banged up right after the play happend.

Personally, I think it's number two. I can't understand why Vermeil wouldn't just come out and say that he was injured at the end of the game. That part is strange. Who knows, though.

Ultra Peanut
09-21-2004, 09:59 AM
It's raining.

Rausch
09-21-2004, 10:04 AM
The thing I have noticed with this team is that there is no emotional leader. Here we were struggling to get things going on offense and while the defense is on the field, the offense is just sitting there. I was really hoping to see Trent, or anyone, going around talking to the team, firing them up and getting some excitment out of the players. But we don't really have anyone on either side of the ball like that.

And as a result the entire TEAM lacks intensity...

No defensive leader, and unless Priest is allowed to touch the football we have no leader by example.

Last week Priest was not allowed to touch the football.

BigRedChief
09-21-2004, 12:43 PM

Yeah, Wheres D.T. when you need him?

38yrsfan
09-21-2004, 01:17 PM
I previously posted and will repeat that watching the game on TV I thought there was poor play by the offense, defense and officiating.

BigRedChief
09-22-2004, 06:48 AM
I can't understand why Vermeil wouldn't just come out and say that he was injured at the end of the game. That part is strange. Who knows, though.

It is very strange. I'd sure like to know what really happened.:hmmm: