PDA

View Full Version : vermiel press conf

Iowanian
09-21-2004, 10:55 AM
I'll do as much as i can, before I have to leave for lunch.

live on 810

Iowanian
09-21-2004, 10:57 AM
Injuries
Eddie kennison, Sore hamstring...questionable
Priest Holmes..went to Dr....looked alright...Recieving treatment........think priest will play.......if not........Blaylock starts.

Omar Easy.......knee problem...looking better

Holiday Probable

Wesley Questionable

Parker....questionable to doubtful
Mitchell....back into 4lb scheme and worked back in...compare to Steadily improving Beisel.

Iowanian
09-21-2004, 10:58 AM
3rd Down Conversions are Teams obvious weakness

Defense........Long runs given up....Missed tackles(10 in ballgame) and stopping 3rd down conversions(sounds ALOT like last year)

Bowser
09-21-2004, 10:58 AM
Injuries
Eddie kennison, Sore hamstring...questionable
Priest Holmes..went to Dr....looked alright...Recieving treatment........think priest will play.......if not........Blaylock starts.

Omar Easy.......knee problem...looking better

Holiday Probable

Wesley Questionable

Parker....questionable to doubtful
Mitchell....back into 4lb scheme and worked back in...compare to Steadily improving Beisel.

What is he getting Rhonda Moss for Christmas?

Iowanian
09-21-2004, 10:59 AM
Lost Stream.

Iowanian
09-21-2004, 11:01 AM
10 missed tackles in the ball game?

I thought the graphic I saw on screen had a bigger number than that... maybe I imagined that.

Damn.. my feed died.

My feed died too.........too many online now I suppose.

The graphic on the game showed 28.........but remember that was trusty ole Bill Maas' assessment. I never thought he could count good.

Someone with a radio....jump in, dammit.

Iowanian
09-21-2004, 11:02 AM
back.

Houston's 0-2 record is misleading.
-6 in turnovers..............Dominating teams statistically, but giving up too many turnovers.

Iowanian
09-21-2004, 11:03 AM
Hou
4 Fumbles
3 INTs lost

5 guys Vermiel coached on team

marcus Spears starting RT

Iowanian
09-21-2004, 11:04 AM
Squad and coaches disappointed.

Very "receptive"(if only the WRs were) in film and meetings yesterday.

Overall Team moral is good.........know they're not out yet.

Vermiel's job to keep their mind right.....positive.

Alot of 0-2 teams will come on strong.......some 2-0 teams will fold.

Thinks we'll improve offensively

ptlyon
09-21-2004, 11:07 AM
The graphic on the game showed 28.........but remember that was trusty ole Bill Maas' assessment. I never thought he could count good.

That is correct

Iowanian
09-21-2004, 11:07 AM
questions.

Blaylock plays very well in "kind of offense" they were looking to run. Priest said he was fine, DV thought after seeing him folded up it was "better" to leave him on the bench.

has Great Confidence in Blaylock to do screens, draws etc....

Vermiel instructed by Players assn not to say anything regarding warfield........DV plans on Warfield playing right now. Doesn't know what to expect.

DV hasn't spoken to Warfield personally yet.

Iowanian
09-21-2004, 11:08 AM
That is correct

Ladies and Gentlemen..........Mr Ed McMayon.

Bowser
09-21-2004, 11:09 AM

Haaa, haaaaa, haaaaaaa! That's a GOOD one, sir!!

Iowanian
09-21-2004, 11:10 AM
Holiday likely back.

Dalton played like a starter.....played better than in any preseason game. Doesn't know what they'll do sunday.

Browning played well at RDE and could play any position.

JR could play RDT and LDT, thinks its better leaving him at LDT for now.....give him consistancy.

ptlyon
09-21-2004, 11:10 AM

and IIRC, that stat was posted early in the game

I also think they had Caroliina down for 26?

Iowanian
09-21-2004, 11:11 AM
Degree of Optimism that Kennison could play. Taking out fastest WR IS a big consideration for offense.

I'm calling BS on this one.....
"Gonzalez is a better complete football player than at any time in KC.....He's more explosive, better catching, running better routes........being Held ALOT.............Has more catches than after 2 games last year.

Iowanian
09-21-2004, 11:12 AM

Cooooooooooooorect sir.

Iowanian
09-21-2004, 11:14 AM
Most big plays given up due to LB and Safety Fill.......not D line failure.

thinks Beisel is growing and doing better every day...works so hard, they WANT to find a place for him to play.

GoTrav
09-21-2004, 11:14 AM

IIRC, it was 20. And if DV said 10, they must be confusing that with just Mitchell's numbers.

ptlyon
09-21-2004, 11:15 AM
Cooooooooooooorect sir.

Aaaahhhh, YES!

Iowanian
09-21-2004, 11:16 AM
Have to eliminate Frustrating penatlies.......Dexter taking helmet off, etc.....Over celebrating.......

showing the jumping into stands penalty to tape....sending it in I think he said.....

Can't do anything about no calls on Holding, or bad holding calls.

Says there could be holding called on every team........some hold more........thought Johnny Morton's holding call was crap.............Sounds like he's saying Denver Holds ALOT to me.

Called out Sapps Hold that gave a 1st down.

says he's going to coach the hell out of the tapes.........Knows which crews call the hell out of what.....sometimes more vs different teams.

Iowanian
09-21-2004, 11:20 AM
FG kicker is 2/3.........but has missed at 47yds and 59........not horrible...........Likes his Kickoffs and thinks he'll be a fine kicker.

Punter has been good. Can improve.

Mr. Laz
09-21-2004, 11:20 AM
..thought Johnny Morton's holding call was crap............
i thought that call was crap too

morton had his hand inside the other guys pads... that's legal

the defender turned and pulled away ... Morton let go

supposed to be legal

i guess the ump thought that Morton didn't let go fast enough :mad:

i think those denver refs definately belong to the normal shannarat payment program.

Iowanian
09-21-2004, 11:21 AM
Someone needs to take over.........I have to git'.

TNTEICHER
09-21-2004, 11:23 AM
[QUOTE=Iowanian]questions.
has Great Confidence in Blaylock to do screens, draws etc....
QUOTE]

I thought they tore these plays out of the playbook this year. Have they ran a screen yet this year? It's the one play they were gauranteed to get yardage last year and now they won't run it. :shake:

penguinz
09-21-2004, 11:27 AM
Just called LJ a baby. Said it is time for him to take the diapers off and go to work.

penguinz
09-21-2004, 11:28 AM
I thought they tore these plays out of the playbook this year. Have they ran a screen yet this year? It's the one play they were gauranteed to get yardage last year and now they won't run it. :shake:
That is because Priest does not want to be part of the passing game.

FloridaChief
09-21-2004, 11:28 AM
Might be changes in the 53 man roster soon, due to injuries, esp. offense. They're looking at the practice squad...

Lzen
09-21-2004, 11:29 AM
Just called LJ a baby. Said it is time for him to take the diapers off and go to work.

Are you friggin kidding? If you're joking, a smiley would be nice. If not, that is awesome. :thumb:

FloridaChief
09-21-2004, 11:30 AM
End press conf.

J Diddy
09-21-2004, 11:31 AM

truly one of the best quotes I have ever heard.

penguinz
09-21-2004, 11:31 AM
Are you friggin kidding? If you're joking, a smiley would be nice. If not, that is awesome. :thumb:not kidding. He actually said it is time to take the diapers off and go to work when talking about LJ.

TNTEICHER
09-21-2004, 11:33 AM
That is because Priest does not want to be part of the passing game.

Priest must not want to win games then. Screens were our bread and butter last year -- the play we ran the best -- always worked. Obviously we're struggling not running them. Is the quest to break some rushing record more important to him then getting to the playoffs? Surely he sees he's not going to break any rushing records this year.

Logical
09-21-2004, 11:34 AM
10 missed tackles in the ball game?

I thought the graphic I saw on screen had a bigger number than that... maybe I imagined that.

Damn.. my feed died.

I believe it is because only 1 missed tackle per play is counted. I saw many plays where 2 to 4 people got their hands on the ball carrier and let go. Those as I recall do not count as more than one missed tackle.

Mr. Laz
09-21-2004, 11:35 AM
Are you friggin kidding? If you're joking, a smiley would be nice. If not, that is awesome. :thumb:

didn't call Johnson a baby....

BUT did say it was time to take the diaper up and step up young man, it's time

basically inferring that LJ was being a baby

Lzen
09-21-2004, 11:42 AM

Yeah, I got that. He may not have said the words literally, but anyone with at least half a brain knows exactly what he was implying. ROFL

GoTrav
09-21-2004, 11:42 AM

whoa!

Lzen
09-21-2004, 11:43 AM
Where did this "Priest doesn't want to be part of the passing game" stuff come from? I've seen it mentioned a couple times recently.

Good question. I have been wondering myself. Anyone?

Calcountry
09-21-2004, 11:47 AM
i thought that call was crap too

morton had his hand inside the other guys pads... that's legal

the defender turned and pulled away ... Morton let go

supposed to be legal

i guess the ump thought that Morton didn't let go fast enough :mad:

i think those denver refs definately belong to the normal shannarat payment program.
Or, the ref saw that we were making a big play and had to do something. I wonder if Refs are barred from fantasy football leagues. :hmmm:

GoTrav
09-21-2004, 11:49 AM
the Morton holding call seemed to be the nail in the coffin. We never recovered from it.

FloridaChief
09-21-2004, 12:27 PM
The Audio/Video (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2004/09/21/head_coach_dick_vermeil_press_conference/) of the press conference is now up at kcchiefs.com

Ralphy Boy
09-21-2004, 12:44 PM
Good question. I have been wondering myself. Anyone?
Before the season when Priest was asked about his supposed goal of rushing for over 2,000 yards this season, he said that he could catch less passes but still touch the ball as much, just with it being as rushes. He said that if you spread half of his 70 or so catches among Kris Wilson, TG & the WR's, and limit him more to rushes, he could still make as much a contribution but mostly as a rusher.

When, after 2 games, he only had 4 catches, the rest became implied that it was game planning for him not to catch the ball as much out of the backfield.

Chiefnj
09-21-2004, 12:44 PM
Was there an answer to where the "Priest doesn't want to be involved in the passing game" came from?

Ralphy Boy
09-21-2004, 12:45 PM
Was there an answer to where the "Priest doesn't want to be involved in the passing game" came from?

look up one spot.

Chiefnj
09-21-2004, 01:00 PM
look up one spot.
Thanks.

InChiefsHeaven
09-21-2004, 01:02 PM

I can't believe DV spanked Johnson like that...that's freakin' classic. He seemed to be bruatlly honest about Baker's lame azz punting before he cut him...hmmmm

...of course, we were all hearing how Johnson had grown up so much and was looking to be a real team guy, blah blah...

...this shit is better than a soap opera...

PastorMikH
09-21-2004, 01:06 PM
Before the season when Priest was asked about his supposed goal of rushing for over 2,000 yards this season, he said that he could catch less passes but still touch the ball as much, just with it being as rushes. He said that if you spread half of his 70 or so catches among Kris Wilson, TG & the WR's, and limit him more to rushes, he could still make as much a contribution but mostly as a rusher.

When, after 2 games, he only had 4 catches, the rest became implied that it was game planning for him not to catch the ball as much out of the backfield.

I was under the impression that Priest had been the last of Green's options in his progressions. If that is the case, then Priest's 70 or so catches were the result of the other guys not being open in the first place.

Regardless, those pass plays to the RB have been a big part of our offense for the last 2 years and from what I can see, we really need them back.

Iowanian
09-21-2004, 01:07 PM
What I can't understand is why he(Vermiel) gives soooo much leeway to some players, and rides others like a coal Mine Mule.

There are players it seems that Vermeil is immune to disparaging, while others can't do anything right.

I guess none of us know whats happening behind the scenes.

Raiderhater
09-21-2004, 01:12 PM
I was under the impression that Priest had been the last of Green's options in his progressions. If that is the case, then Priest's 70 or so catches were the result of the other guys not being open in the first place.

Regardless, those pass plays to the RB have been a big part of our offense for the last 2 years and from what I can see, we really need them back.

Not all of them. The screen was a staple of our offense. There have been plenty of called passing plays to Priest.