PDA

View Full Version : Royals Collector Cup

Calcountry
09-21-2004, 07:53 PM
Here is a cup that I swiped from my relatives back in Kansas in 1986.

Enjoy the memories. The Royals were actually good back then.

Calcountry
09-21-2004, 07:54 PM
Here is a cup that I swiped from my relatives back in Kansas in 1986.

Enjoy the memories. The Royals were actually good back then.
Here is the pic:

chiefsfan987
09-21-2004, 08:12 PM
the cups now say 2004 KANSA SHlTTY ROYALS... instead of Kansas City or at least thats what I've heard..

Brando
09-21-2004, 09:09 PM
the cups now say 2004 KANSA SHlTTY ROYALS... instead of Kansas City or at least thats what I've heard..

The Royals are awful this year but c'mon man...you're from the home of the Mariners.

chiefsfan987
09-21-2004, 09:20 PM
I'm originally from the home of the Royals, I just currently live in seattle and don't root for the M's. KC is and always will be my team. The Royals aren't just awful this year, they've been that way for years and if they don't put that on the cups at the K, they should. Management has run this team down the drain.

Brando
09-21-2004, 09:24 PM
I won't argue with you on that.
This is shaping up to be a really tough sports year.
Last year the Royals showed signs of life, the Chiefs made the playoffs.
This year....well...at least the Chiefs still have a chance to turn it around.

Deberg_1990
09-21-2004, 09:34 PM
I'm originally from the home of the Royals, I just currently live in seattle and don't root for the M's. KC is and always will be my team. The Royals aren't just awful this year, they've been that way for years and if they don't put that on the cups at the K, they should. Management has run this team down the drain.

Agreed....maybe the worst run organization in all of baseball....from the top (Mr. Wal Mart) all the way down to the minor league bat boys...

tk13
09-21-2004, 09:34 PM
That's another little hypocritical thing that bugs me. The Royals are the anti-Chiefs, extremely, extremely active in free agency this offseason. No they weren't throwing tons of money around, but they were as active as anyone in free agency. Gonzalez, Stairs, Santiago, Graffinino, etc... but if you asked the average KC fan what they thought of each front office, they'd say the Chiefs FO sits on their ass too much and the Royals FO runs the team into the ground.... and then complain when the Royals don't keep their own players but complain because the Chiefs do. It's kinda funny when you think about it.

Deberg_1990
09-21-2004, 09:36 PM
That's another little hypocritical thing that bugs me. The Royals are the anti-Chiefs, extremely, extremely active in free agency this offseason. No they weren't throwing tons of money around, but they were as active as anyone in free agency. Gonzalez, Stairs, Santiago, Graffinino, etc... but if you asked the average KC fan what they thought of each front office, they'd say the Chiefs FO sits on their ass too much and the Royals FO runs the team into the ground.... and then complain when the Royals don't keep their own players but complain because the Chiefs do. It's kinda funny when you think about it.

Its simple....the Royals signed the wrong players........and the Chiefs kept the wrong players....

tk13
09-21-2004, 09:40 PM
Agreed....maybe the worst run organization in all of baseball....from the top (Mr. Wal Mart) all the way down to the minor league bat boys...
Seriously man, you sit here and bitch and moan about Carl Peterson and Lamar not spending money and bringing in FA's... and while it's not a level playing field at all, I know this... Baird and Glass spend as much money as they can and bring in some well-respected free agents this offseason to try and win. That's exactly what you want Carl Peterson to do, but if the Royals do it they are the worst run organization in the entire world. Bullshit, pure bullshit.

Brando
09-21-2004, 09:43 PM

It's hard to watch a team like the Eagles on MNF and wonder how they manage to keep a good majority of their talent and can add Jevon Kearse/Terell Owens type players.
Now I know they didn't keep it all, but they drafted corners a few years ago that they could develop and at the same time developed some running backs that could take over for Duece.
The Patriots seem to do the same thing. They built a core and found talented role players to add around them. They lose some of these guys every year but seem to evalute talent and replace them too.

Deberg_1990
09-21-2004, 09:46 PM
Seriously man, you sit here and bitch and moan about Carl Peterson and Lamar not spending money and bringing in FA's... and while it's not a level playing field at all, I know this... Baird and Glass spend as much money as they can and bring in some well-respected free agents this offseason to try and win. That's exactly what you want Carl Peterson to do, but if the Royals do it they are the worst run organization in the entire world. Bullshit, pure bullshit.

I never critisized the Royals for trying! At least they did try.....the problem the Royals have is they are always flip-flopping between trying to develop their own home grown talent, and then the next year they turn around and go wild in free agency....

tk13
09-21-2004, 09:50 PM
It's hard to watch a team like the Eagles on MNF and wonder how they manage to keep a good majority of their talent and can add Jevon Kearse/Terell Owens type players.
Now I know they didn't keep it all, but they drafted corners a few years ago that they could develop and at the same time developed some running backs that could take over for Duece.
The Patriots seem to do the same thing. They built a core and found talented role players to add around them. They lose some of these guys every year but seem to evalute talent and replace them too.
Totally agree... that is the backbone of both teams' problems... I absolutely 100% agree. The biggest problem with both the Chiefs and Royals is their inability to draft well. I think the Royals at least appear to be getting better at it... but until both teams do it well, neither one of them will succeed... just my opinion.

Deberg_1990
09-21-2004, 09:52 PM
Totally agree... that is the backbone of both teams' problems... I absolutely 100% agree. The biggest problem with both the Chiefs and Royals is their inability to draft well. I think the Royals at least appear to be getting better at it... but until both teams do it well, neither one of them will succeed... just my opinion.

Well theres one thing we agree on! You are 100% correct! Carl drafted better his first 10 years or so here than he has the last 5 or so....

Brando
09-21-2004, 09:57 PM
The Royals do seem to be loading up the farm with some quality talent.
Gotta lock some of them up long term while their still young ala Angel Berroa.
Hopefully by the time that they are ready to be FA's there will be a salary cap or some kind of real competetive balance in baseball. (that's a topic for a whole nother time)

Ebolapox
09-22-2004, 10:33 AM
if it's vintage anywhere in the last ten years, it should be a double shot glass

-EB-

KCWolfman
09-22-2004, 11:17 AM
Oh, I misunderstood.

I thought this thread said Royals Collection Cup.

Calcountry
09-23-2004, 02:15 PM
The Royals are awful this year but c'mon man...you're from the home of the Mariners.
You mean "The Seattle Ichiro's"

Calcountry
09-23-2004, 02:20 PM
Ten bucks says my dad drank a coke out of a cup of that exact style sometime in the past month.
That was my Dad's elbow in the background. ROFL.

They were camping, and that cup is stored in the trailer. Pic phones are awesome.