PDA

View Full Version : Poor Rhonda

slivo6
09-22-2004, 08:36 AM
From the Dick Vermeil show last night....

“Rhonda’s approach in the locker room (following the Carolina game) I understand really, really upset Eric Hicks. You’re talking to a guy about something close to him like his teammates and why this organization didn’t bring in defensive players. He’s a loyal, hard-working, wonderful human being. A lot of people don’t understand that part of life and that part of the locker room, and the kind of commitment these guys have to each other and to the organization.

“I wish they wouldn’t approach a player on those matters. I’ve answered that question for Rhonda maybe three to five times, but people don’t want to believe you when you want to tell them the truth. That’s all there is to it. I’ve learned that. You’re better off lying to them and giving them some baloney answer.”

------------------------------------------------------------
She may never get a straight answer again. Everything she reports is now suspect (like it wasn't before....yeah, right).

What a bimbo.

HarryParatestes
09-22-2004, 08:53 AM
Maybe Dan Rather can give her some tips on restoring her credibility?

:shrug:

Dave Lane
09-22-2004, 09:00 AM
From the Dick Vermeil show last night....

“Rhonda’s approach in the locker room (following the Carolina game) I understand really, really upset Eric Hicks. You’re talking to a guy about something close to him like his teammates and why this organization didn’t bring in defensive players. He’s a loyal, hard-working, wonderful human being. A lot of people don’t understand that part of life and that part of the locker room, and the kind of commitment these guys have to each other and to the organization.

“I wish they wouldn’t approach a player on those matters. I’ve answered that question for Rhonda maybe three to five times, but people don’t want to believe you when you want to tell them the truth. That’s all there is to it. I’ve learned that. You’re better off lying to them and giving them some baloney answer.”

------------------------------------------------------------
She may never get a straight answer again. Everything she reports is now suspect (like it wasn't before....yeah, right).

What a bimbo.

I have no problem with the question and after all the softball no impact questions I hear coming out of every other reporters pie hole its a breath of fresh air. That being said I think this is a better question to ask a person involved in personnel and not a player.

Dave

slivo6
09-22-2004, 09:20 AM
"Rhonda, that's the dumbest question I've ever heard."

HC_Chief
09-22-2004, 09:32 AM

Yikes! She looks like a female version of Whitlock :Lin:

teedubya
09-22-2004, 09:35 AM
aoh man... scorage... where di you find that pic SLivo?? teh Planet faithful... including most promeniently Braincase have been on the lookout for a pic of her.

Man, she is walrus ugly.

Chiefnj
09-22-2004, 09:47 AM
Eric should watch his mouth, I think Rhonda could take him if push came to shove.

BigRedChief
09-22-2004, 09:55 AM
Eric should watch his mouth, I think Rhonda could take him if push came to shove.

Wonder what the Vegas odds would be? She could fall on him and crush him and its all over :p

Kylo Ren
09-22-2004, 09:55 AM
For some reason, I thought, in my mind, that she was a black lady. Man my eyes burn for some reason.

KCHawg
09-22-2004, 09:57 AM
Maybe Dan Rather can give her some tips on restoring her credibility?

Rep

jspchief
09-22-2004, 10:03 AM
I can't believe anyone is standing up for this bitch. Vermeil said himself he's answered that question several times. So what was she after? An answer or a reaction? That was a locker room full of angry dogs, and she went in poking her stick at them.

I get tired of this bullshit that the media spouts about being innocent in their questioning. They think the key to a good interview is to ask the question that they know won't get answered, then act suprised when the person snaps for being asked it repeatedly.

As far as I'm concerned, there shouldn't be reporters in the locker room anyway. Let the team hold a press conference after the game to answer questions. People think it's part of their job, but I say bullshit. Their job is to play a sport, not speak graciously.

Braincase
09-22-2004, 10:17 AM

MY EYES! DAMN YOU! I'M BLIND!

ChiefsCountry
09-22-2004, 10:21 AM
Maybe the Chiefs should add her to the DL to take Sims place.

dirk digler
09-22-2004, 10:22 AM

ROFL . God she's ugly. No wonder she's in radio sexy voice but uglier than hell.

ChiTown
09-22-2004, 10:24 AM

Is she that fat, or pregnant? That's a fuggin Old Milwaukee gut if I've ever seen one. Geezus :eek:

BigRedChief
09-22-2004, 11:04 AM

Dammit Braincase you are ruining an old married dudes fantasy with the Jlo sig. neg rep for you! :deevee:

Demonpenz
09-22-2004, 11:15 AM
yeep

Demonpenz
09-22-2004, 11:17 AM
I wouldn't poke that with your dick, demonpenz.

IF YOU CAN FIND IT! errr wait wrong situation

J Diddy
09-22-2004, 11:20 AM
Wonder what the Vegas odds would be? She could fall on him and crush him and its all over :p

nah she could run right by him

ChiefsFanatic
09-22-2004, 11:21 AM
I can't believe anyone is standing up for this bitch. Vermeil said himself he's answered that question several times. So what was she after? An answer or a reaction? That was a locker room full of angry dogs, and she went in poking her stick at them.

I get tired of this bullshit that the media spouts about being innocent in their questioning. They think the key to a good interview is to ask the question that they know won't get answered, then act suprised when the person snaps for being asked it repeatedly.

As far as I'm concerned, there shouldn't be reporters in the locker room anyway. Let the team hold a press conference after the game to answer questions. People think it's part of their job, but I say bullshit. Their job is to play a sport, not speak graciously.

I have heard DV answer that question several times, and in my opinion he (and CP) lies everytime he answers it. So why not ask someone else.

DV and CP have been around the NFL for a long, long time. There is no way in hell that anyone could ever convince me that they REALLY think we have good talent at receiver and corner. It is just not possible to watch our receivers and corners play, and then say they are top flight NFL talent. I am just a stupid fan, but I can see the we suck at WR and CB, and those two, with all the NFL experience between them can too.

Yet, they continue to say they "like their guys" when asked about standing pat in the offseason. And they will never say they should have made any significant moves , like bring in a top WR or CB.

I am glad she asked the question. I would like her to ask evryone that question. Maybe after Baltimore humiliates us on MNF, someone will get asked that question again.

slivo6
09-22-2004, 11:58 AM
aoh man... scorage... where di you find that pic SLivo?? teh Planet faithful... including most promeniently Braincase have been on the lookout for a pic of her.

Man, she is walrus ugly.
-----------------------------------------------
The Chiefs training camp (http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery.php) website.....during the President's visit. There are a few more of her. I remember her saying on the radio she cozied up to him for a photo op, so I looked it up. I bet those are a few seconds of his life he wishes he could relive.

ChiefsFanatic
09-22-2004, 12:02 PM
I bet there are women members of this BB that have a similar body style, and really appreciate all the nice comments being made.

KC Kings
09-22-2004, 12:21 PM
I don't see how anybody can stick up for Rhonda's question in this instance. It was ignorant to ask that question to a player, is he supposed to answer straight and talk crap about his teammates? He could either lie, or tell her to STFU and STFD. I think Eric made the right decision.

A tough question to ask Eric that would be proper to ask him might be, "Eric, you only have three tackles in the first 2 games, and have sucked as a player since DT hasn't player on the other side of the line. Are you a waste of a player or is it possible for you to work a little harder and be affective in our defense."

Chief Fanatic
09-22-2004, 12:22 PM
I've always looked for her picture on the 61 sports web site, but instead of her, it's a picture of Betty Boop. They kinda look alike right?? That sexy voice of hers, why'd I ever have to see that picture

jspchief
09-22-2004, 12:23 PM
I bet there are women members of this BB that have a similar body style, and really appreciate all the nice comments being made.

Probably men too. But I think if you have that body style and don't like what's being said, you should either get your fat ass in shape, go to a site that's kinder and gentler, or get some thicker skin.

KC Kings
09-22-2004, 12:25 PM
You misspelled reclaim.
ROFL :clap:

gblowfish
09-22-2004, 12:27 PM
Now I know why we cut Downing and Freeman...we should add her to the practice squad. Hey Gun...Rhonda can stop the run!!!

KcMizzou
09-22-2004, 12:45 PM
I don't see how anybody can stick up for Rhonda's question in this instance. It was ignorant to ask that question to a player, is he supposed to answer straight and talk crap about his teammates? He could either lie, or tell her to STFU and STFD. I think Eric made the right decision.
I agree completely. This is really being over-blown. Yes, he was pissed and frustrated. Hell, so was I, right about then. But he didn't say anything out of line. It's stupid that this made national news.
:rolleyes:

GOT D
09-22-2004, 12:58 PM
Rhonda definately has bootydo.
Her booty hangs out further than her booty do.

KcMizzou
09-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Her booty hangs out further than her booty do. Huh?
:hmmm:

GOT D
09-22-2004, 01:02 PM
I meant....
Her stomach hangs out further than her booty do.

GOT D
09-22-2004, 01:04 PM
Great post slivo6, what a fun thread!

KcMizzou
09-22-2004, 01:05 PM
Great post slivo6, what a fun thread! Yeah, but this thread is worthless with pics.

teedubya
09-22-2004, 01:07 PM
here is a thought... you are about to meet the president... wear your nicest cling on black pants, and your nappy hair needs to be in an unwashed ponytail.

When the pic is about to be taken, please grimace.

teedubya
09-22-2004, 01:17 PM
Speaking of 610's website... I just stumbled upon this over there...

http://www.61sports.com/photogallery/20040209tastybox/images/TB01.jpg

Come inside the tasty box? ROFL ROFL

Oh man... :shake:

Skip Towne
09-22-2004, 01:19 PM
Yeah, Rhonda looks just like Jenny Gump.

KC Dan
09-22-2004, 01:21 PM
Tough shit.

Don't want your feelings hurt by fat comments? Don't eat too f*cking much.
:thumb:

StcChief
09-22-2004, 01:25 PM
geez. She has the radio look.

Does need thicker skin.

Any reporter asking player/personnel questions to players is asking to turn the team mates on each other, which is the last thing we want.

Get a clue, stop trying to make/scoop up a story

Fairplay
09-22-2004, 01:26 PM

There's always the option of turning off the comp and going back to the buffet table.

Demonpenz
09-22-2004, 01:32 PM
speaking of fat people did you see they are taking away recess so kids can study more? Just what america needs , more fat kids drinking gravey and studying all night

GOT D
09-22-2004, 01:32 PM
I was not trying to be hurtful or degrading I was just pointing out the obvious, just like she thought she was pointing out to Hicks, but just really trying to start SH*T

KC Dan
09-22-2004, 01:39 PM
No recess? That's un-American.

And, further... so they can study more? What's the hardest thing a kid learns in elementary school? Division? Fractions? Playing kickball for half an hour each day is preventing mastery of these topics?
My kid gets three recesses a day. :thumb: I say give him five.

go bo
09-22-2004, 01:41 PM
I bet there are women members of this BB that have a similar body style, and really appreciate all the nice comments being made.nooooooooooo! chiefs planet women are ALL hotties... :p

actually rhonda looks a little like me... :(

KC Dan
09-22-2004, 01:43 PM
Three? WTF? How goddammed long is his school day?

I had recess after lunch. That was it.
now it all starts to come together....ROFL

go bo
09-22-2004, 01:43 PM
Probably men too. But I think if you have that body style and don't like what's being said, you should either get your fat ass in shape, go to a site that's kinder and gentler, or get some thicker skin.ok. where do i find this kinder and gentler place??? :shrug:

Logical
09-22-2004, 01:47 PM
I have seen DV lie and avoid the truth over and over and over again. I would just as likely believe Saddam Hussein than I would DV, he is full of shit as far as being honest.

go bo
There's always the option of turning off the comp and going back to the buffet table.mmmmmmmmmm... buffet table... :p

tk13
Three? WTF? How goddammed long is his school day?

I had recess after lunch. That was it.
No crap, I was ripped off in school. I think I need to go back and get my three recesses. By the time I got into Jr. High and High School we'd get about 10-15 minutes off after lunch, if we ate fast enough.

And like I said yesterday, I have no problem with what Hicks did. If he says we don't have the right players or that they don't believe in themselves, then this season is over, we're done. I know to some people on here that would be the most delightful thing that could happen, but I'm not ready for that yet...

KC Kings
09-22-2004, 01:49 PM
No she doesn't.

You have a beard.
:p
Yeah, she only has a moustach.

go bo
09-22-2004, 01:50 PM
No she doesn't.

You have a beard.
:pouch! it hurts to laugh so hard!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

jspchief
09-22-2004, 01:51 PM
I have seen DV lie and avoid the truth over and over and over again. I would just as likely believe Saddam Hussein than I would DV, he is full of shit as far as being honest.

Yea, and Eric Hicks is some great bastion of truth? What insight was he going to have on the issue?

memyselfI
09-22-2004, 02:06 PM

ROFL

Classic. ROFL

memyselfI
09-22-2004, 02:10 PM
You guys are sooooo transparent. NONE of this would have been an issue if Rhonda had been Ron and asked the same question...

but no, it's a chick in a men's locker room asking a legitimate question (though the timing MAY be questionable) and instead of focusing on the fact that the question has been asked by MANY different reporters of all stripes to many different athletes of all stripes over the years, you guys are hell bent on insulting this woman's looks, her weight, her intelligence ANYTHING that DIVERTS from the LEGITIMATE question. ROFL

Braincase
09-22-2004, 02:24 PM
You guys are sooooo transparent. NONE of this would have been an issue if Rhonda had been Ron and asked the same question...

but no, it's a chick in a men's locker room asking a legitimate question (though the timing MAY be questionable) and instead of focusing on the fact that the question has been asked by MANY different reporters of all stripes to many different athletes of all stripes over the years, you guys are hell bent on insulting this woman's looks, her weight, her intelligence ANYTHING that DIVERTS from the LEGITIMATE question. ROFL

If "Ron" had asked the question, I doubt Erc Hicks would've been as professional.

Braincase
09-22-2004, 02:26 PM
No she doesn't.

You have a beard.
:p

I think they do share the same cup size and haberdasher, though.

slivo6
09-22-2004, 02:29 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, let's say a male asked the question. Let's say.....Jason Whitless. It's still a stupid question.

go bo
09-22-2004, 02:31 PM
I think they do share the same cup size and haberdasher, though.why it's so sweet of you to notice...

maybe anton has some competition... :p

morphius
09-22-2004, 02:47 PM

It was a stupid question no matter who asked it, 'cause you know nobody on any team is going to answer that question on the record. People may like to call that hardball, I just call it wasting breath. Its like comming up to someone on the side of the road looking in their hood and asking if they are having car trouble, as Bill Engvall would say, "Here's your sign".

I normally like the info she gives, as it is at least Chiefs related and not just fluff opinion crap, but if you want to make assumptions about what we are thinking, then don't whine we do the same to you.

Katipan
09-22-2004, 02:48 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, let's say a male asked the question. Let's say.....Jason Whitless. It's still a stupid question.

And I can think of serveral fat, stupid, ugly jokes I'd make at his expense.

I hope my vagina isn't burned in effigy in the feminist hall of shame for having zero sympathy for fattie.

The Bad Guy
09-22-2004, 02:53 PM
If "Ron" had asked the question, I doubt Erc Hicks would've been as professional.

What would he have done?

He would of been blocked by the first reporter in his way just like he does on Sunday if he attempted to get physical with any reporter.

The Bad Guy
09-22-2004, 02:54 PM
This is all pretty funny.

Eric Hicks gets pist at someone for doing their job when he hasn't done his since the 2000 season.

ChiefsOne
09-22-2004, 02:59 PM

but no, it's a chick in a men's locker room asking a legitimate question (though the timing MAY be questionable) and instead of focusing on the fact that the question has been asked by MANY different reporters of all stripes to many different athletes of all stripes over the years, you guys are hell bent on insulting this woman's looks, her weight, her intelligence ANYTHING that DIVERTS from the LEGITIMATE question.

BS, MeMe I usually stay away from bashing you, I leave that to everyone else. But, this is a BS statement. I am thinking he was nicer because it was a girl, if it would have been Whitlock, he might have said bring your fat ass over and see how good you do.

It's always has something to do with, "oh it because it was from a woman or because I'm black". Never can be just because it was a stupid, inappropriate question or a dumbass person.

MeMe playing the 'Chick' card.

tk13
09-22-2004, 03:09 PM
We really need to win Sunday... everybody's going to go insane and Denise is trying to speed up the process. She just wants to piss people off folks, you've just gotta ignore it...

redbrian
09-22-2004, 03:14 PM
It's nothing new. Did you know that everyone here only hates MeMe because she's a woman?

BS, do you have proof that she is a woman.........

memyselfI
09-22-2004, 03:29 PM
It was a stupid question no matter who asked it, 'cause you know nobody on any team is going to answer that question on the record. People may like to call that hardball, I just call it wasting breath. Its like comming up to someone on the side of the road looking in their hood and asking if they are having car trouble, as Bill Engvall would say, "Here's your sign".

I normally like the info she gives, as it is at least Chiefs related and not just fluff opinion crap, but if you want to make assumptions about what we are thinking, then don't whine we do the same to you.

I'm not 'making assumptions' rather I'm going on what I've read on this thread and the other thread and what is noticeably absent is the mention that this question has been asked by NUMEROUS other reporters over the years to many different atheletes and not all of them went bonkers on a guy or a 'chick'.

Instead the focus is on HER. :shake:

The question was not out of line or unreasonable by any way shape or form. The response was sad and indicative of the level of frustration that Hicks and likely others in the locker room are feeling...

but Rhonda should not be torn to shreds for asking about the large elephant in the room.

ChiefsFanatic
09-22-2004, 03:33 PM
OMFG, I actually agree with her.

ChiefsOne
09-22-2004, 03:40 PM
The question was not out of line or unreasonable by any way shape or form. The response was sad and indicative of the level of frustration that Hicks and likely others in the locker room are feeling...

Say you just played you heart out, tried like hell to win and play a good game. You still lost, you're beat and broken down. Do you want some reporter trying to start $h!t between you and your team with stupid questions? Fat, hot or other wise wouldn't you be pissed?

Those questions should be directed at the front office and coaches, not the players!

morphius
09-22-2004, 03:41 PM
I'm not 'making assumptions' rather I'm going on what I've read on this thread and the other thread and one is noticeably absent is the mention that this question has been asked by NUMEROUS other reporters over the years to many different atheletes and not all of them went bonkers on a guy or a 'chick'.

but Rhonda should not be torn to shreds for asking about the large elephant in the room.

I think the responses were all about Hicks response and Her question until someone posted a picture that started a fragmented line of thought on her looks. The question may have been asked a 100 times, and it was a waste of breath every time someone asked it, because nobody is going to answer that truthfully. The fact that this is getting any play at all is pathetic, he's angry and ineffective, and she asked a lame question, is there anything else we really need to know about this whole situation.

ChiefsOne
09-22-2004, 03:42 PM
Rhonda should not be torn to shreds for asking about the large elephant in the room.

Oops, sorry I didn't realize she was asking questions concerning herself.

ChiefsFanatic
09-22-2004, 03:43 PM
Dumbass.

I know, I am starting to feel sick to my stomach. But I think bagging on someone for their body size is like bagging on somebody because of race, sex, religion etc. It is just stupid.

ChiefsOne
09-22-2004, 03:44 PM
Sorry just couldn't pass that up.

Logical
09-22-2004, 03:55 PM
I'm not 'making assumptions' rather I'm going on what I've read on this thread and the other thread and one is noticeably absent is the mention that this question has been asked by NUMEROUS other reporters over the years to many different atheletes and not all of them went bonkers on a guy or a 'chick'.

I find myself in the position of agreeing with Denise. We on this BB are ripping the Chiefs to shreds for not having made some free agent acquisitions but we are criticizing a reporter for asking the obvious question?

Talk about hypocritical.:rolleyes:

memyselfI
09-22-2004, 03:55 PM
Say you just played you heart out, tried like hell to win and play a good game. You still lost, you're beat and broken down. Do you want some reporter trying to start $h!t between you and your team with stupid questions? Fat, hot or other wise wouldn't you be pissed?

Those questions should be directed at the front office and coaches, not the players!

I don't know what is worse...thinking these guys have been 'playing their hearts out' and getting the results they've been getting. OR acknowledging that teams that 'play their hearts out' usually don't get the results they are getting...

again, the question is NOT her question but what frustrations and what truths lie both in the disgust at the question and disproportionate response.

But I digress I heard DM (610 morning show), I think, say that Hicks went off on one of his teammates in front of the media last season.

ChiefsOne
09-22-2004, 04:28 PM
I think, say that Hicks went off on one of his teammates in front of the media last season.

Their allowed. Kinda like talking about someone in your family, you are allowed to but no one else is.

Like we "Chiefsplanet people" are a family. We bitch and moan about them among ourselves, but we don't want other people doing it. I am sure not one of us would call out one of the players face to face after the game or otherwise.

Ultra Peanut
09-22-2004, 04:30 PM
Now I see why PhonyFreakqualizer_Fan was so proud of almost seeing her naked in River Falls...

Demonpenz
09-22-2004, 04:40 PM
go easy on ronda she has a thyriod problem

tk13
09-22-2004, 04:41 PM
I find myself in the position of agreeing with Denise. We on this BB are ripping the Chiefs to shreds for not having made some free agent acquisitions but we are criticizing a reporter for asking the obvious question?

Talk about hypocritical.:rolleyes:
Yeah, but we're fans. This is common sense man, not rocket science. We're fans.... this is a player she's asking a question to, not a fan. Would you sit there and tell your boss and your fellow co-workers that you do not think that any of them are doing a good job, or not able to do a good job?

Seriously man, that's common sense, I know you have some of that in your head somewhere. No sane human being would openly rip his co-workers unless he wanted to be fired. I mean, I have no problem with her asking the question I guess, but if this team has any semblance of wanting to at least try and stick together and work through this, every reporter that asks that question should know what answer they are going to get.

Logical
09-22-2004, 04:59 PM
Yeah, but we're fans. This is common sense man, not rocket science. We're fans.... this is a player she's asking a question to, not a fan. Would you sit there and tell your boss and your fellow co-workers that you do not think that any of them are doing a good job, or not able to do a good job?

Seriously man, that's common sense, I know you have some of that in your head somewhere. No sane human being would openly rip his co-workers unless he wanted to be fired. I mean, I have no problem with her asking the question I guess, but if this team has any semblance of wanting to at least try and stick together and work through this, every reporter that asks that question should know what answer they are going to get.

I commonly do. I would word it something like this:

We have not been performing up to expectations as a team. It is always nice to have the best talent available. If we could have a player of Ray Lewis' capability and talent we would most certainly welcome them to our team.

slivo6
09-22-2004, 07:53 PM
again, the question is NOT her question but what frustrations and what truths lie both in the disgust at the question and disproportionate response.

The only frustrations are yours.....and those of the angry female. Get over it.

ChiefsFanatic
09-22-2004, 08:01 PM
I have heard DV answer that question several times, and in my opinion he (and CP) lies everytime he answers it. So why not ask someone else.

DV and CP have been around the NFL for a long, long time. There is no way in hell that anyone could ever convince me that they REALLY think we have good talent at receiver and corner. It is just not possible to watch our receivers and corners play, and then say they are top flight NFL talent. I am just a stupid fan, but I can see the we suck at WR and CB, and those two, with all the NFL experience between them can too.

Yet, they continue to say they "like their guys" when asked about standing pat in the offseason. And they will never say they should have made any significant moves , like bring in a top WR or CB.

I am glad she asked the question. I would like her to ask evryone that question. Maybe after Baltimore humiliates us on MNF, someone will get asked that question again.

Skip Towne
09-22-2004, 08:09 PM
go easy on ronda she has a thyriod problem
Why weren't there any "thyroid problems" at Dachau?

memyselfI
09-22-2004, 08:36 PM
The only frustrations are yours.....and those of the angry female. Get over it.

Who's frustrated or angry? Certainly not I, not over the Chiefs imploding...they are the ones who should be angry and frustrated. I guess the fans COULD be angry and frustrated but then they'll still go to the games, pay outrageous prices to park and for beer and King Carl will still pull the same crap he's pulled for the previous decade+ 5 year plan. :shake: :harumph:

tk13
09-22-2004, 08:46 PM

Why? Exactly what purpose does it serve? Now with the start we've had, I understand if you say DV or Carl or Lamar should be asked that question at every turn. The players though? They have no say in how the money is spent. What good could possibly come of that... you want someone to say, "Well Dex McCleon, he's just not doing it, we should've brought in Bobby Taylor." You think that's going to do any good for this team? You think this team will get any better if we have guys saying their teammates aren't good enough?

I just don't see it. Sure, half the board would be excited and say "Hell yeah!" if Hicks went on a huge diatribe about spending money, but the second that happened and all the players turned against each other, this season is officially over... and I can't rationalize in my head while anybody would want that right now.

KcMizzou
09-22-2004, 08:55 PM
Great post, Tk. (rep)

Wile_E_Coyote
09-22-2004, 09:12 PM
a rotunda moss gathers no stones

ChiefsFanatic
09-22-2004, 10:31 PM
Why? Exactly what purpose does it serve? Now with the start we've had, I understand if you say DV or Carl or Lamar should be asked that question at every turn. The players though? They have no say in how the money is spent. What good could possibly come of that... you want someone to say, "Well Dex McCleon, he's just not doing it, we should've brought in Bobby Taylor." You think that's going to do any good for this team? You think this team will get any better if we have guys saying their teammates aren't good enough?

I just don't see it. Sure, half the board would be excited and say "Hell yeah!" if Hicks went on a huge diatribe about spending money, but the second that happened and all the players turned against each other, this season is officially over... and I can't rationalize in my head while anybody would want that right now.

I would not expect him to slam his "friends" but the truth is, his friends are not getting the job done. The question was not geared for him to comment on his friends ability, but for him to comment on the frustration the players are feeling with management.

He is the defacto leader of the D, and he needs to start leading.

When Shawn Barber was brought in 2 years aga, Hicks didn't object cause a friend of his lost their job. This year when Dalton came in, Hicks didn't comment on how tough it was to lose his good friends Eddie Freeman or Eric Downing.

Hicks didn't worry whether or not ripping his friend Ryan Sims would hurt his feelings. That incident shows that he has no trouble ripping other players.

tk13
09-22-2004, 10:38 PM
I would not expect him to slam his "friends" but the truth is, his friends are not getting the job done. The question was not geared for him to comment on his friends ability, but for him to comment on the frustration the players are feeling with management.

He is the defacto leader of the D, and he needs to start leading.

When Shawn Barber was brought in 2 years aga, Hicks didn't object cause a friend of his lost their job. This year when Dalton came in, Hicks didn't comment on how tough it was to lose his good friends Eddie Freeman or Eric Downing.

Hicks didn't worry whether or not ripping his friend Ryan Sims would hurt his feelings. That incident shows that he has no trouble ripping other players.
Yeah, but he didn't ask for Sims to be replaced, he just wanted him to stop freelancing so much. It's a little different when somebody gets replaced during the offseason, than when you're already into the season and you've gotta play 14 more games with this group of guys.

You're right, he may not have a problem with some guys on this defense being replaced, but he's more than smart enough to know that isn't going to happen over the course of the next 15 weeks, and he's not going to start burning bridges among everybody....

go bo
09-22-2004, 10:41 PM
Yeah, but he didn't ask for Sims to be replaced, he just wanted him to stop freelancing so much. It's a little different when somebody gets replaced during the offseason, than when you're already into the season and you've gotta play 14 more games with this group of guys.

You're right, he may not have a problem with some guys on this defense being replaced, but he's more than smart enough to know that isn't going to happen over the course of the next 15 weeks, and he's not going to start burning bridges among everybody....you should post more often... :thumb: :clap: :clap: :wayne: :wayne: :wayne: :BLVD: :D

ChiefsFanatic
09-22-2004, 11:09 PM

You're right, he may not have a problem with some guys on this defense being replaced, but he's more than smart enough to know that isn't going to happen over the course of the next 15 weeks, and he's not going to start burning bridges among everybody....

No, you are correct, he should not be burning bridges. But I would like to hear soemthing other than "we are working hard...we will get this thing right."

KcMizzou
09-22-2004, 11:21 PM
No, you are correct, he should not be burning bridges. But I would like to hear soemthing other than "we are working hard...we will get this thing right." I don't know what else they can say. We're all upset by the way the season has started. But I doubt any of us are as upset as the team is.

teedubya
09-22-2004, 11:38 PM
Help Me Rhonda,
Help Help me Rhonda
Ahhh-oooooo
Help me Rhonda
Help Help Rhonda
Ahhh-ooooo
Help Me Rhonda Yeah
Lead me to the buffet....

Demonpenz
09-23-2004, 12:20 AM
I don't know what else they can say. We're all upset by the way the season has started. But I doubt any of us are as upset as the team is.

"But I doubt any of us are as upset as the team is." I don't know about that statement, at the end of the day win or loose they make a ton of money, I know alot of guys who punch their time card everyday and live and die chiefs, i am damn sure some of the guys I would think some of the people who have 20+ years invested in the chiefs are more upset than some of the players

Fairplay
09-23-2004, 02:43 AM
Question: Outside of the controversy of this question, how is she as a reporter?
I don't get to hear her, and this is the first time i've even heard of her on this thread.

wazu
09-23-2004, 06:31 AM
Question: Outside of the controversy of this question, how is she as a reporter?
I don't get to hear her, and this is the first time i've even heard of her on this thread.

She's actually very good. Her coverage of the Chiefs is usually very balanced and and she is pretty funny.

BigRedChief
09-23-2004, 06:34 AM
I don't know what else they can say. We're all upset by the way the season has started. But I doubt any of us are as upset as the team is.

Now I've not talked to the players on a personal level and see them socially so I don't know their mood and you don't either. You see the public face and persona.

On the surface it does look like the fans care more than some of the players. Look at the way Morton wouldn't go over the middle. down by 11 with 8 mintues to go and the coaches give up? PriestGate. DiaperGate. DUIGate. They need to remember its suppose to be about the fans in the stands if they are just doing it for the love of the game they can go play in the sandlot like the rest of us do.

KCTitus
09-23-2004, 06:59 AM

Sure you can...I can.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-23-2004, 07:33 AM
Now I've not talked to the players on a personal level and see them socially so I don't know their mood and you don't either. You see the public face and persona.

On the surface it does look like the fans care more than some of the players. Look at the way Morton wouldn't go over the middle. down by 11 with 8 mintues to go and the coaches give up? PriestGate. DiaperGate. DUIGate. They need to remember its suppose to be about the fans in the stands if they are just doing it for the love of the game they can go play in the sandlot like the rest of us do.

I don't like to make excuses for Morton but, his achilles(80%) may have something to do with the lack of effort, or maybe not

Jenny Gump
09-25-2004, 01:06 PM
Yeah, Rhonda looks just like Jenny Gump.

Yawn.

Chieficus
09-25-2004, 01:14 PM
Okay...um...maybe this was answered earlier in the thread, I don't know...

I do know I missed something that's kinda important to understanding this thread, though...

What did she ask?

ChiefsFanatic
09-25-2004, 01:50 PM
Okay...um...maybe this was answered earlier in the thread, I don't know...

I do know I missed something that's kinda important to understanding this thread, though...

What did she ask?

Wake up, move the rock off your head, and pick up a paper, or turn on local T.V., or PTI, or Around The Horn, or The Sports Reporters, or just read the first post again.

Chieficus
09-25-2004, 01:59 PM
Wake up, move the rock off your head, and pick up a paper, or turn on local T.V., or PTI, or Around The Horn, or The Sports Reporters, or just read the first post again.

I live in Louisville and the only thing hooked up to my TV is a cheap pair of Target-brand bunny ears...so tossing out the first several suggestions, I read the first post again and found the phrase I missed the first ten times reading it...

So, um...yeah...

(Chieficus: putting the rock back on my head and taking a nap...)

BigRedChief
09-25-2004, 02:04 PM
I live in Louisville and the only thing hooked up to my TV is a cheap pair of Target-brand bunny ears...so tossing out the first several suggestions, I read the first post again and found the phrase I missed the first ten times reading it...

So, um...yeah...

WTF who uses bunny ears anymore. You obviously have internet capability. No access to news through the bunny ears? Try the internet.

This reminds me of the Seinfeld joke abou thte Tide commercial on how to get blood out of your clothes......If you are struggling to get blood out of your clothes maybe laundry detergent isn't your biggest problem....in this case maybe bunny ears isn't the main problem...

ChiefsFanatic
09-25-2004, 02:13 PM

So, um...yeah...

I am sorry, I was just being an ass. She just asked him if the Chiefs should have brought in more free agents in the offseason.

He went off on her, saying that she was insulting his "friends" and that they were not trying to mess "this shit up."

Chieficus
09-25-2004, 02:13 PM
WTF who uses bunny ears anymore. You obviously have internet capability. No access to news through the bunny ears? Try the internet.

This reminds me of the Seinfeld joke abou thte Tide commercial on how to get blood out of your clothes......If you are struggling to get blood out of your clothes maybe laundry detergent isn't your biggest problem....in this case myabe bunny ears isn't the main problem...

Do you have $40/month to send me for cable :hmmm: ?

As for the internet...geez...ask one question and suddenly everyone assumes that you're as savvy as Ma' Kettle... Maybe I should just do a google search on the name "Rhonda"... :rolleyes:

Chieficus
09-25-2004, 02:14 PM
I am sorry, I was just being an ass. She just asked him if the Chiefs should have brought in more free agents in the offseason.

He went off on her, saying that she was insulting his "friends" and that they were not trying to mess "this shit up."

Thanks... :thumb:

BigRedChief
09-25-2004, 02:47 PM
Do you have $40/month to send me for cable :hmmm: ?

As for the internet...geez...ask one question and suddenly everyone assumes that you're as savvy as Ma' Kettle... Maybe I should just do a google search on the name "Rhonda"... :rolleyes:
You don't have to have cable. You come to this site correct? It's filled with Rhonda Moss talk this week. Theres always links to stories in the discussion. I wasn't talking about you intellect or being from Kentucky. But about being a lazy poster. You want to know whats up with the "Rhonda" thing? It's a big story on this board and made the national news. It was easy to find.

I apoligize for being a dic#. I'll STFU now

Chieficus
09-25-2004, 03:00 PM
You don't have to have cable. You come to this site correct? It's filled with Rhonda Moss talk this week. Theres always links to stories in the discussion. I wasn't talking about you intellect or being from Kentucky. But about being a lazy poster. You want to know whats up with the "Rhonda" thing? It's a big story on this board and made the national news. It was easy to find.

Yeah, I do come to this site...have been for four years now, but not every day (kinda hard to find time at times when you're going to school and working 2 jobs)...I looked on some news sites and stuff when I first read it, but the only thing I ever saw of it was this thread...

I apoligize for being a dic#. I'll STFU now

Hey...no harm, no foul... :)