PDA

View Full Version : FFL League Dilemma

BIG_DADDY
09-22-2004, 11:15 AM
I am not the commisioner in our league but this is what he faces and I want to know what my brothers at the Chiefs Planet would do. We have this idiot in our league who is in his first year. He took a kicker in the 2nd round and a defense in the 3rd round. Needless to say he is 0-2 and frusterated. We have this other guy in our league who is quite smart and decides to try and take advantage of this idiot by offering him Reche Caldwell and Warrick Dunn for Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison. This idiot decides to make the trade in spite of the fact that he has no other starting QB even. In our league the commisioner has to approve all trades. There is no chance for collusion here because these 2 guys don't know each other. If it is approved it ruins the whole league because one person will be way better than anyone else and there is money involved not to mention fun although it is not a lot of money. Do you allow the trade? IF you do you will probably kill the league permanently. Thanks for the feedback in advance.

Hoover
09-22-2004, 11:17 AM
First off he has Marvin and Peyton and drafted a K and D in rds 2 & 3?

Vote the deal down, and move on

BIG_DADDY
09-22-2004, 11:20 AM
First off he has Marvin and Peyton and drafted a K and D in rds 2 & 3?

Vote the deal down, and move on

We had 2 keepers and he inherited that team. Those were his first choices. I believe the commisioner is going to to deny it I was just curious how this heavily weighted to one side trading would work in most leagues.

Mile High Mania
09-22-2004, 11:48 AM
This is one of those sceanrios where the commish needs to "assist" the newbie and throw him this one bone.

BIG_DADDY
09-22-2004, 11:52 AM
This is one of those sceanrios where the commish needs to "assist" the newbie and throw him this one bone.

I agree

GoTrav
09-22-2004, 11:58 AM
In our league, 51% of the league has to 'no' vote to veto, but commisioner has absolute rule and can decline if necessary (for late in the season transactions when people w/ losing records, and no shot at the playoffs, stop paying attention). For instance, someone trying to trade Antowain Smith for Ricky Williams to a playoff bound team (last year).

That trade is BS though.

GoTrav
09-22-2004, 12:02 PM

ya, teach him how to google on fantasy football and point him to a list of weekly projections. FF isn't really rocket science, just need to keep up to date on information, review depth charts, trends and hope for some luck.

BIG_DADDY
09-22-2004, 12:19 PM
ya, teach him how to google on fantasy football and point him to a list of weekly projections. FF isn't really rocket science, just need to keep up to date on information, review depth charts, trends and hope for some luck.

I used your breasts as my logo, hope you don't mind.