PDA

View Full Version : So...I bumped into The Donald, Connie, and Geraldo today.

Rain Man
09-22-2004, 09:37 PM
I'm in New Yawk on business, and I'm staying near Times Square. I walked by ABC headquarters to go to dinner, and Connie Chung and Geraldo Rivera were out there yakking about something, and I think I was the only non-policeman around. I didn't say hi, because they were busy broadcasting something. Anyway, I thought the police presence was kind of odd until I saw a couple of guys with those little earphones that just scream "Secret Service." It turns out that President Bush was visiting tonight.

So then I walk back from dinner, and Connie and Geraldo are gone, but the police have everything blocked off again. There were a couple of big limo-type vans there and a cordoned-off area, and they were letting people cross it one at a time. As I moseyed across, I barely beat Donald Trump to the van. He had a sweet young thing on his arm, and looked markedly unfriendly. What are the odds that I would go to New York for the first time ever and run into Donald Trump on the sidewalk?

That's all. There's no more to this story.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
09-22-2004, 09:50 PM
Damn all that happened to me today was a nap.

Cool for you.

Rain Man
09-22-2004, 10:01 PM
I wish I had gotten a nap.

Ultra Peanut
09-22-2004, 10:16 PM
What are you going to say next? That you reffed the Super Bowl back when Washington beat Buffalo?

Demonpenz
09-23-2004, 12:28 AM
What are you going to say next? That you reffed the Super Bowl back when Washington beat Buffalo?

thats some serious cross thread reference

Frazod
09-23-2004, 12:40 AM
You beat Trump to the van?

Kevin, you're fired. :D

Demonpenz
09-23-2004, 12:42 AM
i am such a dork, whenever i go to big cities i get all excited to see some celebs. I don't know why, i know they are just people too, CAN I BUY YOU A DRINK MR. RIENHOLD...please call me judge

Frazod
09-23-2004, 12:51 AM
i am such a dork, whenever i go to big cities i get all excited to see some celebs. I don't know why, i know they are just people too, CAN I BUY YOU A DRINK MR. RIENHOLD...please call me judge

I've lived/worked in Chicago for over a decade. In all that time, I've seen four celebrities - Scotty Pippen, Alec Baldwin and Will Purdue (he's friends with one of the attorneys in my office-I've seen him a couple of times at work). Of course, I don't exactly go looking for them, or hang out/work anywhere near the Mag Mile area.

Demonpenz
09-23-2004, 12:57 AM
I've lived/worked in Chicago for over a decade. In all that time, I've seen four celebrities - Scotty Pippen, Alec Baldwin and Will Purdue (he's friends with one of the attorneys in my office-I've seen him a couple of times at work). Of course, I don't exactly go looking for them, or hang out/work anywhere near the Mag Mile area.

You would figure you would have seen oprah, jordan, or wayne cambell

Frazod
09-23-2004, 01:05 AM
You would figure you would have seen oprah, jordan, or wayne cambell

No such luck. :D

Demonpenz
09-23-2004, 01:12 AM
you haven't even seen frank thomas or steve bartman?

Frazod
09-23-2004, 01:14 AM
you haven't even seen frank thomas or steve bartman?

I've seen Frank lots of times - at Comiskey.

And NOBODY sees Bartman any more. Poor bastard. :D

Dartgod
09-23-2004, 05:53 AM
Who's the fourth one? Or are you lying again?

Baby Lee
09-23-2004, 06:39 AM
My buddy has been puffing his chest out all week. His little sister was getting hit on at the bar by Steve Klein last Saturday night.

Rausch
09-23-2004, 06:55 AM
No such luck. :D

Yeah, we all know you've got a stiffy fer' Oprah...

Rain Man
09-23-2004, 07:33 AM
Who's the fourth one? Or are you lying again?

Alec Baldwin counts for two. He's put on some serious weight the last few years.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2004, 10:09 AM
My wife and I went to Koi last night (it's an Asian fusion/sushi place on La Cienega) for our three year anniversary. After being informed that our table wasn't ready on time (of course), I walked up to the bar to order a Kirin Light for me and a 7&7 for my wife. I looked at the guy next to me, and it was Brad Pitt, hanging out with 2 of his buddies. I didn't want to bother them, but they were talking football.

We finally got our table, and after a couple minutes, 2 couples were seated at the table next to us. It turned out to be Duff McKagen and his wife, along with another couple. I also ran into John Kelley in the can (he used to be on Fox Sports - now he's on Extra) and he commented on all the smokin' hotties in the place. As we're leaving, he's got about 4 of them hanging out at his table.

I did talk to Duff outside when we were waiting for the valet to bring up our cars though. I've never met him before (but I've hung out with Matt Sorum several times and Slash a few) but he was totally cool. All in all, a pretty cool evening. Oh yeah, and my wife bought me a new iPod for an anniversary gift!

Dane

Frazod
09-23-2004, 10:32 AM
Yeah, we all know you've got a stiffy fer' Oprah...

:Lin:

That's just wrong....

Demonpenz
09-23-2004, 10:35 AM
if i saw oprah i would yell NICE BBR

big black rack