PDA

View Full Version : KC Star: Vermeil's remark upsets Johnson (Teicher)

FloridaChief
09-23-2004, 01:09 AM
Vermeil's remark upsets Johnson

Coach stands by his ‘diaper' comment

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

Halfback Larry Johnson was upset at Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil's remark at his Tuesday news conference that it was time for Johnson “to take the diaper off and go play” because Priest Holmes' ankle injury is likely to keep him out of Sunday's game against Houston .

“If the man can't say something in my face … it don't mean nothing to me,” Johnson said. “For him to say that, to point me out in that situation, (knowing) how much I really busted my (rear) through this preseason, knowing I'm ready to play, knowing I'm ready to do my share, making a comment like that is unnecessary.”

Johnson has been unhappy over his lack of playing time almost since joining the Chiefs as their first-round draft pick last year. He vented at times last season but kept his frustration in check this year until Wednesday.

If Holmes doesn't play, Johnson will back up Derrick Blaylock.

“It's a little frustrating when they bring you here and they can't tell you whether you're going to play or you're not going to play,” Johnson said. “By no means am I going to stop going hard here and going hard every day in practice. It's just something that's frustrating right now and would be to anybody who's in my position.”

Vermeil didn't back down from his comment.

“I wasn't planning on saying that,” he said. “It just popped into my scrambled head. But in a way, there's a little truth to it.”

Demonpenz
09-23-2004, 01:11 AM
yep

Ugly Duck
09-23-2004, 01:18 AM
Coach stands by his ‘diaper' commentThats a pretty dang funny line!

teedubya
09-23-2004, 01:43 AM
LJ better coime to play. Your NFL career is Sunday. Bust it out, and become trade bait. Suck ass... and go work campaigning for Bob ****ing Dole.