PDA

View Full Version : Carter: Vermeil apologizes to Johnson

tk13
09-24-2004, 01:19 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/9744964.htm

Vermeil apologizes to Johnson
Running back says he has moved on

By IVAN CARTER
The Kansas City Star

Coach Dick Vermeil and running back Larry Johnson met Thursday morning to clear the air. Johnson was not happy about Vermeil saying that Johnson “needs to take the diaper off and go play” during his weekly news conference Tuesday.

“It was nice to visit with him and apologize for the comments I made,” Vermeil said. “It was good for me, and I hope it was good for him, too.”

Johnson declined to describe the conversation but said he has moved on and is ready to play Sunday. Because Priest Holmes is likely to be out, Johnson will split reps with Derrick Blaylock.

“I'm just ready to go out there and play football,” Johnson said. “That's all I've wanted to do since I got here.”

He might get that chance on Sunday. Holmes, who has a sore knee and ankle, and wide receiver Eddie Kennison (hamstring) did not practice Thursday, and it's becoming increasingly likely that neither will suit up against Houston. Vermeil described both as questionable to doubtful and added that the team is preparing to play without Holmes.

“Personally, I wouldn't want to play him if he isn't ready,” Vermeil said of Holmes. “I wouldn't want to injure it further to the point where he misses three or four ballgames. It's not that we don't need him, but I think we owe it to him to make sure that it's really right before we put him in there.”

Wide receiver Samie Parker (hamstring) was also held out and probably will not play. Defensive end Vonnie Holliday (groin) practiced for the first time this week on a limited basis and is questionable to probable, Vermeil said.

Punter Steve Cheek suffered a mysterious leg injury while running wind sprints before practice. Vermeil described the injury as a possible muscle cramp and said Cheek's status will be determined today. In the event Cheek is unable to punt Sunday, the Chiefs would have to sign a replacement, since they don't have a backup punter on the roster.

------------------------------------------------------

Injury report

Pos Chiefs Injury Status
TE Kris Wilson ankle O
LB Keyaron Fox thigh Q
DE Vonnie Holliday groin Q
RB Priest Holmes ankle Q
WR Eddie Kennison hamstring Q
WR Samie Parker hamstring Q
S Greg Wesley hamstring Q
DE Jared Allen knee P
CB William Bartee neck P
DT John Browning foot P
FB Omar Easy knee P
TE Tony Gonzalez toe P
DT Junior Siavii neck P

Texans Injury Status
S Eric Brown knee O
RB Tony Hollings knee Q
G Zach Weigert elbow Q
DT Jerry Deloach ankle P
C Steve McKinney shoulder P
KR J.J. Moses knee P
LB Jamie Sharper knee P
DB Jason Simmons hamstring P
G Todd Washington arm P

Key: O – out; Q – questionable; P – probable

Demonpenz
09-24-2004, 01:21 AM
great another post by tk13 go tbones

tk13
09-24-2004, 01:25 AM
great another post by tk13 go tbones
One of these days, Imma gonna beat yo ass boy.

Although really, if things don't change soon the T-bones are gonna be the only KC team making the playoffs this year.