PDA

View Full Version : "Guys, listen up. Take Houston vs. crappy K.C."

jAZ
09-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Just curious to hear people's opinion on this guy's take on the game/line this weekend.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=108525

I have yet to make a bet this football season, beyond the dinner I lost for the CSU/cu travesty. But, I am hard-pressed to keep that record intact. Have you taken a gander at the points Houston is getting! :eek:

I love Houston. Yep...I said it. I LOVE Houston. :excited:

First of all, they are better-than-shown. That's for sure. They've turned it over 7 times in two games. Nobody wins doing that...NOBODY. They could be 2 - 0, and this line would be very different.

KC is still receiving the respect they got for starting so hot last year. Fact is, they have been stinking up the joint for awhile now. Recency, baby. They have not done #### for some time. The Texans will be able to run on KC. You know that. And Carr will be able to throw, as well.

What, Gooonter will shore up their D? Come on. Try signing some guys that can play D, first. I can't believe people were thinking their D would be vastly improved...especially this early in the season. THEY ARE THE SAME, folks -- HORRIBLE.

KC is still being valued highly, for whatever reasons...and the Texans, conversely, are still being valued as an expansion team (to an extent) -- which they are not. Look, Davis is for real. So is Carr. And Johnson is a stud.

KC is in total disarray right now. Everyone believed that Vermeil "third year" crap like it was gospel. Why? Where is the D? Where are the recievers? Even that O-line is showing cracks. Welbourne is no Tait. And Green is no Favre. With a surrounding cast that is cracking (reports that Gonzo is more hurt than he says, Priest, Vermeil/LJ), Trent falls back to mediocrity quickly. And his numbers are showing it. This comes from a guy who pimped him on here (http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47248&hl=trent+green) last year, so don't label me a hater.

Priest is not even worth mentioning, really, because it's IN the line, and we are all well aware of it. But, suffice is to say, it can't be good for the team's psyche. Hell, if rumors of him starting drive this line to 10 :eek: , great! I'm not so sure he lasts, even if he does play. More importantly, how is KC going to stop Houston?

I'll take the points -- in a game that Houston may win outright. I'll play the moneyline, as well. :yes:

There it is. My first MONSTER play of the season. You have been warned. :lol: :banned:

Bowser
09-24-2004, 06:22 PM
KEPP FUGGIN' DOUBTING KC!!!

Michael Michigan
09-24-2004, 06:28 PM
FWIW the Chiefs have covered in game 3 of the season for 12 years in a row.

HolmeZz
09-24-2004, 06:35 PM
It's pretty simple, in my mind.

If Priest plays, we don't have a problem covering.

If he doesn't, I doubt we cover.

HolmeZz
09-24-2004, 06:38 PM
BTW

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=108578

That irks me more. Not his actual opinion, but that someone can actually be that stupid.

Ultra Peanut
09-24-2004, 08:30 PM
Guess we'll see, won't we?

alanm
09-24-2004, 08:42 PM
Chiefs by 14 or better. Bank on that!! It gets turned around this weekend baby!! :thumb:

TEX
09-24-2004, 09:01 PM
I can tell you that the Texans are all over this game. They know the CHIEFS have problems and are gonna come right at them. The radio guys here in Houston said that the Texans are looking forward to running all over the Chiefs _efense. They also said that the BIG PLAY will be there via play action and blown run gap assignment. Being patient is the key. Basically the Texans feel that even if the CHIEFS _efense has early success, they're still gonna stick with the game plan because they feel it's just a matter of time until they rip a few big plays as it's not a matter of "if" but rather of "when." They feel that IF they can get up early, it's gonna be a long game for KC because thus far this season, KC has shown that they's NOT the same offensive team they were last year. They're talking like it's a "must win" game for them as well. The Texans are gonna come to play and the CHIEFS better be ready...

Bowser
09-24-2004, 09:05 PM
I can tell you that the Texans are all over this game. They know the CHIEFS have problems and are gonna come right at them. The radio guys here in Houston said that the Texans are looking forward to running all over the Chiefs _efense. They also said that the BIG PLAY will be there via play action and blown run gap assignment. Being patient is the key. Basically the Texans feel that even if the CHIEFS _efense has early success, they're still gonna stick with the game plan because they feel it's just a matter of time until they rip a few big plays as it's not a matter of "if" but rather of "when." They feel that IF they can get up early, it's gonna be a long game for KC because thus far this season, KC has shown that they's NOT the same offensive team they were last year. They're talking like it's a "must win" game for them as well. The Texans are gonna come to play and the CHIEFS better be ready...

Yeah, our D has its fair share of problems. But we need to get our offense on track. That is the key to getting Houston out of their game plan. Make Carr drop back and chuck it in hopes of keeping up.

TEX
09-24-2004, 09:09 PM
Yeah, our D has its fair share of problems. But we need to get our offense on track. That is the key to getting Houston out of their game plan. Make Carr drop back and chuck it in hopes of keeping up.

Yep. But they run a 3-4 and it might cause us some problems... :hmmm:
Plus, if the CHIEFS get off to a slow start, the boo-birds will definately come down on them.

Bowser
09-24-2004, 09:16 PM
Yep. But they run a 3-4 and it might cause us some problems... :hmmm:
Plus, if the CHIEFS get off to a slow start, the boo-birds will definately come down on them.

You could be right. Last year, we tore up the 3-4. But, this year ain't last year. :shake:

It'll be tough to see the team get booed. But the city is so starved for a world championship, I'm afraid patience has just about run out.

ChiefsFire
09-24-2004, 09:18 PM
ouch crappy?? thats cold

TEX
09-24-2004, 09:24 PM
You could be right. Last year, we tore up the 3-4. But, this year ain't last year. :shake:

It'll be tough to see the team get booed. But the city is so starved for a world championship, I'm afraid patience has just about run out.

Yep, except for B-more, but we did handle Pittsburgh and Houston's 3-4 rather easily. Course as you said, that was LAST year. This year is an entirely different situation which is why I expect some offensive problems.

Big Chief Homer
09-25-2004, 06:47 AM
i hope the dumb sh*t bets his kids college fund and re-mortgages his house.

Houston has given up 5 td passes this year and 7 turnovers.Even as bad as our defense is they have still managed to get turn overs and score on them.

Dom. Davis does not scare me.He fumbles more than ahman green and with the amount of hits in the back field our d has been getting hes bound to cough up a few more.Lets get realistic Al saunders IS NOT going to be sitting on his hads this week.with or without priest, i say we put up big #'s this week.

p.s.just heard on espn priest practiced yesterday

Ebolapox
09-25-2004, 07:30 AM
I have nothing to add except to say this guy sounds like a texans fan

-EB-

Hammock Parties
09-25-2004, 07:34 AM
Wow. I just read something interesting.

The Texans have NEVER scored 30+ in a game.

We're going to win.

Hammock Parties
09-25-2004, 07:36 AM
K.C. in Week #3 the past 13 years are 13-0

As Favorite in Week #3, 11-0

We're going to win.

HolmeZz
09-25-2004, 09:07 AM
I find it funny how he can call us crappy and still boast a team that's lost to San Diego and Detroit.

Braincase
09-25-2004, 09:32 AM
Yep, we're that same crappy 13-3 team from a year ago, take the Texans...

Capital I - D - J - I - T.... spells "idjit".

38yrsfan
09-25-2004, 09:43 AM
Yep KC has a great week #3 record, especially after losing. Not sure about the spread though, to many variables, ok well 2 variables - the offense and the defense. :)