PDA

View Full Version : HS Football thread

Calcountry
09-24-2004, 06:24 PM
7:00 pacific, and I will be checking out some HS football tonight. My part timer that works for me is the starting center for the local HS here where I live. All through summer, I worked the schedule arround his practice needs and have given him a leave of absence through the football season because skool and practice time eats up all available work time.

Needless to say I have been telling him all summer that I would be going to the game to "scout" his play at center. I wouldn't be watching anything else, and would give him chit about it if he didn't play well.

The kid is a big strong Portuguese and if he hits the weights in the off season, and stays focused on next year, he could be an animal next year.

He lucked out getting me for a boss. lmao.

:p

Calcountry
09-24-2004, 07:27 PM
Bye all you fuggers. :)

I've got to walk across the street to the game.

Jenson71
09-24-2004, 09:43 PM
We won 48-13. 4-0.

Archie Bunker
09-24-2004, 09:49 PM
Lockwood wins again. Beats Cass Midway. Not that anyone cares about 1a football. Glad to see the hometown boys do well.

sondevil
09-24-2004, 10:35 PM
Rumor has it that Blue Springs lost to Columbia Hickman tonight. Can anyone in KC confirm this?

cdcox
09-24-2004, 10:50 PM
Catholic beat Chuckey-Doak 70-7.

Calcountry
09-25-2004, 12:59 PM
Have any of you heard of De La Salle of Concord, California.

They lost their first game since like 1989 this year. Included in their winning streak, I am proud to say, is my Alma Matter. Back in the late 80's we were perennial NorCal powerhouse football teams among big schools. At the peak, we were ranked #2 STATEWIDE, including LA Prep schools. Alas, our nemisis, "Vintage High" from Napa, upset us on our run to glory. Isn't Vermiel from Napa?

My hometown is an anomalie for California. Agriculture based, very small. Back in the day it had all of 15K, so the highlight of the week was the Friday night football game. Not just for the Student body, but this was like a franchise complete with annual homecomeing parade through the downtown.

The town has now grown, and the HS's are split, and they share the fuggin field with the new HS. It was a trip down memory lane just to go back there again. As I watched the young things strutt arround, it dawned on me that these things were being made when I was in HS.

ROFL.

Anyway, the game was a bust, the first three quarters were full of penatlies and turnovers resulting in a 0-0 score. Then with 9 to go in the 4rth a returned punt made it 6-0 pat missed.

Then our team, responded with a quick touchdown pass that covered 60+ yards to make it 6- with 5 mins to go, need the Pat, which is never automatic in some HS, missed.

So it goes to the HS tie breaker which is first and goal on the 10 then switch teams, if still tied another. Gets to the third o.t. we scored, then the visitors scored, and went for two points........

ChiefsOne
09-25-2004, 01:50 PM
Have any of you heard of De La Salle of Concord, California.

They lost their first game since like 1989 this year.

I have heard of them and did know that was the first in over 10 years to lose. Is that where the center plays at?

ChiefsOne
09-25-2004, 01:52 PM
Lockwood wins again. Beats Cass Midway. Not that anyone cares about 1a football. Glad to see the hometown boys do well.

I keep up with 1A football. My hometown is 1A. Has Lockwood played Pierce City yet? I am not from Pierce City, but my home town played them a couple of weeks ago and if it weren't for our turn overs we could have won that game or came a little closer.

Archie Bunker
09-25-2004, 02:00 PM
I keep up with 1A football. My hometown is 1A. Has Lockwood played Pierce City yet? I am not from Pierce City, but my home town played them a couple of weeks ago and if it weren't for our turn overs we could have won that game or came a little closer.

Not yet but it should be a hell of a game. I really like the new conference that we are in. When I played we played Adrian, Archie, Cass Midway, etc in the WEMO. It will be nice to see Lockwood play the local schools again.

What school are you from?

ChiefsOne
09-25-2004, 02:03 PM
What school are you from?

Thayer

We were 2A when I played and didn't play any 1A schools. Since I graduated they have dropped to 1A and out of the SCA. I have a relative at Lockwood, but don't know if he plays football. His dad is John Smith.

Braincase
09-25-2004, 02:07 PM
Salina Central over McPherson, 33-0. My alma mater, ranked #2 overall in the state, behind Olathe North, now 5A as well.

Calcountry
09-25-2004, 02:33 PM
I have heard of them and did know that was the first in over 10 years to lose. Is that where the center plays at?
No, my employee plays for "West High" here in the central valley.

PastorMikH
09-25-2004, 04:39 PM
When it comes to HS football, Clinton is pretty good. In the last 40 years they have been to the state championship game 20 times and have won 12 of those times. My second weekend in OK I got to go watch the Clinton HS win the State 4A Championship game.

Calcountry
09-25-2004, 06:04 PM
When it comes to HS football, Clinton is pretty good. In the last 40 years they have been to the state championship game 20 times and have won 12 of those times. My second weekend in OK I got to go watch the Clinton HS win the State 4A Championship game.
That would be cool, "State Championship" tournament for football.

In Cal, we have "Sections" which is the equivalent of a midwest state Championship.

My Alma Matter has won 2 of these. Once when I was a senior and once in 1986. The game our school won when I was a senior, is the highest football moment for me personally, including the NFL, since I cannot remember the Chiefs Super Bowl win. We were pitted against a Sacramento team that hadn't lost in 2 years and were 30 point favorites, but we won 14-12. Great game.