PDA

View Full Version : the last sack...

el borracho
09-26-2004, 02:37 PM
Can anyone explain to me what happened on the play where the Texan was hanging on Green's leg and the play was blown dead? I had no audio in the bar and couldn't tell what happened.

dirk digler
09-26-2004, 02:40 PM
They called Trent "in the grasp" and ruled it a sack.

Deberg_1990
09-26-2004, 02:41 PM
Technically they called it "in the grasp" so they blew the play dead......the Refs should be shot for that though..you call that crap in the 1st half and NOT when the game is on the line like that......Im serious, im sick and tired of refs deciding the games.....these guys need to start losing theor paychecks or getting fired altogether for that crap...they also helped decide the game when they threw that flag on Fugita for hitting Carr and keeping the Texans drive alive...

jcroft
09-26-2004, 02:42 PM
That really seemed like a bullshit call to me, too. I'm not sure exactly how the rule works, so I can't say for sure -- but it sure looked to me like Trent was going to get a pass off. Of course, who knows if it would have been complete or not...

Deberg_1990
09-26-2004, 02:44 PM
That really seemed like a bullshit call to me, too. I'm not sure exactly how the rule works, so I can't say for sure -- but it sure looked to me like Trent was going to get a pass off. Of course, who knows if it would have been complete or not...

They blew the whistle waaay to early and I hope that dude gets fined for it......what a dumbass.......

Nelson Muntz
Technically they called it "in the grasp" so they blew the play dead......the Refs should be shot for that though..you call that crap in the 1st half and NOT when the game is on the line like that......Im serious, im sick and tired of refs deciding the games.....these guys need to start losing theor paychecks or getting fired altogether for that crap...they also helped decide the game when they threw that flag on Fugita for hitting Carr and keeping the Texans drive alive...

No sh*t, for Christsakes he hadn't even landed from throwing the f***ing ball. Then calling Green in the grasp right after he escaped a couple of plays earlier, its not like he was ducking trying to avoid getting hit. He was trying to find a f***ing reciever. How the f**k do these refs get their jobs??? :cuss:

Thig Lyfe
The refs sucked today. That's the ONE and ONLY reason the Chiefs lost. PERIOD.

;)

jcroft
09-26-2004, 02:46 PM

;)

I dunno if this is sarcasam or not, but I hope so. The refs DID suck today, but that's not the only reason we lost. Penalties and some bad coaching played into it, too. The good news is that our PLAYERS did much better today -- both on offense and especially defense.

Deberg_1990
09-26-2004, 02:48 PM

;)

Im not going to blame the whole loss on the refs...although they were a big part of it.....and had an uncanny knack today for throwing critical timely flags to help keep drives alive.

25% refs
25% coaching
25% offense
25% defense

Thig Lyfe
THE COACHING SUCKED TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dick Vermeil should be sent to the old folk's home. And Al Saunders has taken retard pills.

HC_Chief
They flagged Fujita for a roughing when he shoved Carr, while still in the air from his throwing motion, but allowed a Houston LB to cream Priest from the blind-side three steps <i>after</i> the ball was off his hands?

There was definitely some horseshit officiating going on today. It certainly didn't help us any, that's for sure.

I just hope the coaching staff doesn't use it as an excuse for their BRAINDEAD playcalling today.

BigOlChiefsfan
The refs sucked today. That's the ONE and ONLY reason the Chiefs lost. PERIOD. ;)

Not to sound like a whiney Raider fan or Bronco fan here, but I think todays refs were a bunch of fellatrixes from a Tijuana donkey sex show.

Deberg_1990
09-26-2004, 02:49 PM
The good news is that our PLAYERS did much better today -- both on offense and especially defense.

Yea..the Defense did play a little better today..unfortunatly, they were at their worst with the game on the line...we gave up that HUGE 3rd and 17 for a 40 something yard pass play?? So who cares how well they played the rest of the game?? This team cant do anything right at this point....

MadMax
09-26-2004, 02:55 PM
No sh*t, for Christsakes he hadn't even landed from throwing the f***ing ball. Then calling Green in the grasp right after he escaped a couple of plays earlier, its not like he was ducking trying to avoid getting hit. He was trying to find a f***ing reciever. How the f**k do these refs get their jobs??? :cuss:

Funny how on an exact duplicate of THAT play Jake Delhomme throws a td against us last week... :rolleyes: :banghead: The officiating is a F*CKIN joke

jcroft
09-26-2004, 02:55 PM
Yea..the Defense did play a little better today..unfortunatly, they were at their worst with the game on the line...we gave up that HUGE 3rd and 17 for a 40 something yard pass play?? So who cares how well they played the rest of the game?? This team cant do anything right at this point....

Are you referring to the RIDICULOUS Andre Johnson catch? If so, I don't really think that can be blamed on the defense. Warfield had good coverage -- both of his hands were on the ball and he knocked it away. Johnson simply made an INCREDIBLE play to catch it as it feel to the ground.

Deberg_1990
09-26-2004, 02:58 PM
Are you referring to the RIDICULOUS Andre Johnson catch? If so, I don't really think that can be blamed on the defense. Warfield had good coverage -- both of his hands were on the ball and he knocked it away. Johnson simply made an INCREDIBLE play to catch it as it feel to the ground.

no no no.....that was a spectacular grab by Johnson...im talking about that last pass by Carr..when they were sitting at 3rd and 17...and we gave up that huge pass to put them in field goal range...

2bikemike
09-26-2004, 02:58 PM
I agree the officiating today sucked. No way should they have blown the play dead on that last sack of Green. He still was standing and his arms were free to make a play.

As far as the Fujita Roughing the Passer penalty that one was close. I don't think it was a penalty but I might have had the shoe been on the other foot.

I definately don't think that the other personal foul ( just before the half) I can't remember who it was but when they dropped Carr. They said he slammed him to the ground when to me it looked like the player let up once he got the momentum going to bring Carr down.

Thig Lyfe
09-26-2004, 03:09 PM
The refs were provided by the American Blind Association.

kansas hawk
09-26-2004, 03:15 PM
green would of been killed if they did not stop the play. there was a another guy coming hard when green's leg was tied up.

HC_Chief
09-26-2004, 03:43 PM

Sure it can. Warfield made a great play, WOODS appeared to close his eyes and dive out of the receivers' way. WTF was that all about? If he had simply DONE HIS JOB, rather than go for a highlight reel hit, he would have actually come into contact witht the receiver... keeping him from being able to make a circus grab on a tipped ball.

Deberg_1990
09-26-2004, 03:44 PM
Sure it can. Warfield made a great play, WOODS appeared to close his eyes and dive out of the receivers' way. WTF was that all about? If he had simply DONE HIS JOB, rather than go for a highlight reel hit, he would have actually come into contact witht the receiver... keeping him from being able to make a circus grab on a tipped ball.

Good point..that was a HORRIBLE play by Woods.....Im sorry, But Jerome Woods sucks......way way way overrated....they guy cant cover at all....

PastorMikH
09-26-2004, 03:53 PM
Good point..that was a HORRIBLE play by Woods.....Im sorry, But Jerome Woods sucks......way way way overrated....they guy cant cover at all....

Had Woods actually connected - and it would have been a legal hit - there's no way the WR makes that catch. Not only that, the next time the ball was in the air to that guy, he'd have been flinching because of the thoughts of that last hit. Instead, Woods wiffed big time.

Deberg_1990
09-26-2004, 03:55 PM
Had Woods actually connected - and it would have been a legal hit - there's no way the WR makes that catch. Instead, he wiffed big time.

Exactly! He sucks....he gave up a few big pass plays today and the past few weeks......he just cant cover and get over and hlep his DB out......hes one of the ones I hope we see gone next year.

milkman
09-26-2004, 09:59 PM
Had Woods actually connected - and it would have been a legal hit - there's no way the WR makes that catch. Not only that, the next time the ball was in the air to that guy, he'd have been flinching because of the thoughts of that last hit. Instead, Woods wiffed big time.

He made almost the exact same kind of whiff on Johnson on his earlier long catch.

As DeBerg says, he's way overrated.
He's done nothing to to warrant keeping him instead of Tongue when that decision was made.

ChiefsFanatic
09-26-2004, 10:02 PM
If Trent was "in the grasp" then Delhomme was "in a bearhug" last week.

philfree
09-26-2004, 10:15 PM
Looked like to me Woods was trying not to take Warfield out of the play because Warfield had excellent coverage and a chance for pick. Woods took the angle that if the ball was caught he would cut off any further progress. The WR made a great play period........

PhilFree :arrow:

milkman
09-26-2004, 10:20 PM
Looked like to me Woods was trying not to take Warfield out of the play because Warfield had excellent coverage and a chance for pick. Woods took the angle that if the ball was caught he would cut off any further progress. The WR made a great play period........

No, Woods closed his freakin' eyes, put his head down, and threw out his elbow.

He was trying to drop the hammer, and he completely whiffed.

philfree
09-26-2004, 10:27 PM
No, Woods closed his freakin' eyes, put his head down, and threw out his elbow.

He was trying to drop the hammer, and he completely whiffed.

If you had that good of seat and saw that then who am I to argue?

fan4ever
09-27-2004, 09:04 AM
THE COACHING SUCKED TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dick Vermeil should be sent to the old folk's home. And Al Saunders has taken retard pills.

Al Saunders may be the heir-apparent to the Chiefs head coaching job, I don't know, but I saw a real lack of play calling ability on that 4th down play in the first half.

Mark M
09-27-2004, 09:08 AM
If Vick, McNabb, Culpepper, or Plummer were the QB on that play, there would've been no whistle.

Bullchit call, plain and simple. But it did NOT cost KC the game. Bad playcalling and a poor decision by Green lost the game.

MM
~~:arrow: