PDA

View Full Version : This just in: The Season is Over

Dave Lane
09-26-2004, 02:59 PM
Well thats all she wrote, its over, we've kicked the bucket, the Chiefs are not pining, their playoff chances have passed on. This team is no more. It has ceased to be. It's expired and gone to meet its maker. This is a late team. It's a stiff. Bereft of life, it rests in peace. If they hadn't nailed it to the playing field, it would be pushing up the daisies. It's rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible, its metabolic processes are now history, they are off the twig! the Chiefs have kicked the bucket, they shuffled off their mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

This is an ex-playoff contender!!!

Dave

~with a little help from the circus

Thig Lyfe
09-26-2004, 03:01 PM
But they have lovely plumage...

NaptownChief
09-26-2004, 03:02 PM
Are season is over but at least on the bright side most of our key players are old...

Braincase
09-26-2004, 03:04 PM
Let's not wait for that off-season surgery, might as well get it done now.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2004, 03:05 PM
Week 1: I'm not quite dead.

Shut up.

Week 2: I'm not dead yet!

Yes you are, you'll be stone dead in a moment.

Week 3: HAPPY! I FEEL HAPPYYYYYYYYYY!

*THUNK*

Right, so I'll be around next Sunday. BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!

Dave Lane
09-26-2004, 03:05 PM
I just want 5 more victories: 2 - SD 2- Chokeland 1 - Dungver

5 -11 works for me...

Dave

Dave Lane
09-26-2004, 03:06 PM
rep! ROFL

Week 1: I'm not quite dead.

Shut up.

Week 2: I'm not dead yet!

Yes you are, you'll be stone dead in a moment.

Week 3: HAPPY! I FEEL HAPPYYYYYYYYYY!

*THUNK*

Right, so I'll be around next Sunday. BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!

Thig Lyfe
09-26-2004, 03:07 PM
12-4.

TWELVE AND FOUR. You watch and see.

NaptownChief
09-26-2004, 03:09 PM
12-4.

12-4, you are predicting we will lose 12-4 next week?

Dave Lane
09-26-2004, 03:10 PM
Are season is over but at least on the bright side most of our key players are old...

Great way to make me feel better...

Dave

Thig Lyfe
09-26-2004, 03:11 PM

NOOO... I'm talking about the Chiefs' record this year.

Duh.

Dave Lane

At least the D is coming back! 2 safeties in a game!

Dave

Lbedrock1
Get off my bandwagon and don't ever get on again. It is just 3 games and you are already ready to give up. I just know what this team can do and I believe that after four games it will begin to show. We will make the playoffs and this team will be in contention for a SB run. I am not ready to give up on this team. They played a tough texan team that has no quit and they caught a few bad breaks. Give up if you wanna but dont pretend to be a chiefs fan when they start winning.

deadbabyseal
09-26-2004, 03:12 PM
But they have lovely plumage...
They're not dead,they're just resting.

Dave Lane
09-26-2004, 03:14 PM
12-4.

This team wouldn't go 12 - 4 if you put 40 million volts through it.

Dave

Over-Head
Sheesh!...Week 3 and your already roling over and playing dead.
What a fuggen bunch of band waggon fans. I supose it'll be back to TrINT next week along with teh "let's lynch DV" chants. :cuss:

You guy's are ****ing pathetic! :shake:
Even after the great meltdown by my boy's in Black, I never gave up.

NaptownChief
Get off my bandwagon and don't ever get on again. It is just 3 games and you are already ready to give up. I just know what this team can do and I believe that after four games it will begin to show. We will make the playoffs and this team will be in contention for a SB run. I am not ready to give up on this team. They played a tough texan team that has no quit and they caught a few bad breaks. Give up if you wanna but dont pretend to be a chiefs fan when they start winning.

Name the bet and the odds and I will almost certainly take it...

Otter
09-26-2004, 03:16 PM
This bird fine, he's just sleeping!

CanadaKC
09-26-2004, 03:18 PM
I just know what this team can do and I believe that after four games it will begin to show. We will make the playoffs and this team will be in contention for a SB run. I am not ready to give up on this team. They played a tough texan team that has no quit and they caught a few bad breaks. Give up if you wanna but dont pretend to be a chiefs fan when they start winning. :rolleyes: :bong:

This is actually good for the tem in the long run. We've suffered through too many seasons with bad drafts, Carl and (insert coach's name here) not making the necessary adjustments in the offseason....basically resting on the support Kansas City gives this team irregardless. That will not wash anymore. Carl (if he's even around) is going to have to completely reshift the direction of this team....and acknowledge that the draft is actually the place where you MUST build the foundation of your franchise.

Tribal Warfare
09-26-2004, 03:20 PM
Sheesh!...Week 3 and your already roling over and playing dead.
What a fuggen bunch of band waggon fans.

I think in its in our right to be pissed of right now since we lost to the ****ing HOUSTON TEXANS

Thig Lyfe
09-26-2004, 03:23 PM
I'm still optimistic. 13 more games to go!!!

Tribal Warfare
09-26-2004, 03:25 PM
This is actually good for the tem in the long run. We've suffered through too many seasons with bad drafts, Carl and (insert coach's name here) not making the necessary adjustments in the offseason....basically resting on the support Kansas City gives this team irregardless. That will not wash anymore. Carl (if he's even around) is going to have to completely reshift the direction of this team....and acknowledge that the draft is actually the place where you MUST build the foundation of your franchise.

After 16 years of the five year plan I think it's credible to think that CARL HAS TO GO THIS IS BULLSHIT

Dave Lane
09-26-2004, 03:25 PM
I think in its in our right to be pissed of right now since we lost to the ****ing HOUSTON TEXANS

Amen! And THEY lost to San Diego!!!

Dave

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2004, 03:26 PM
Chiefs can go 0-16 and I will still support them, that being said 13-3 anyone. :shake:

htismaqe
09-26-2004, 03:27 PM
For those of you predicting playoffs, you do know that we'd be the 4th team in FIFTEEN YEARS to start 0-3 and make the playoffs, right?

CanadaKC
09-26-2004, 03:50 PM
Amen! And THEY lost to San Diego!!! Ouch!!! That's like twisting the knife when it's already a mortal wound.

Dave Lane
09-27-2004, 07:23 AM
Ouch!!! That's like twisting the knife when it's already a mortal wound.

I know its sad day though some of the gloom is lifting. Not that I'm anymore optimistic. Hell Logical is more optimistic than me right now.

Dave

King_Chief_Fan
09-27-2004, 08:27 AM
After 16 years of the five year plan I think it's credible to think that CARL HAS TO GO THIS IS BULLSHIT

As long as the stadium is full and Peterson has Lamars testicles resting on his chin.........Carl will not go anywhere

Gaz
09-27-2004, 09:12 AM
Well, this is disappointing news.

I thought we still had thirteen games to play.

xoxo~
Gaz
Can get that yard work done now.

Wichita Lineman
09-27-2004, 09:46 AM
You should never have called yourself a chiefs fan to begin with. I've been a chiefs fan when they couldn't even fill the stadium,and I'm still here hoping for the best. When you've seen the worst this don't even look bad. LOL

ChiTown
09-27-2004, 09:48 AM
Well, this is disappointing news.

I thought we still had thirteen games to play.

xoxo~
Gaz
Can get that yard work done now.

Nope. You apparently didn't get the memo..........

I'll be a good guy and walk the paperwork over to your office.

ZepSinger
09-27-2004, 09:48 AM
http://www.scaretactics.com/pics/were_done.jpg

Hammock Parties
09-27-2004, 09:49 AM
You should never have called yourself a chiefs fan to begin with. I've been a chiefs fan when they couldn't even fill the stadium,and I'm still here hoping for the best. When you've seen the worst this don't even look bad. LOL

Everyone hopes for the best. We just realize it's probably not going to happen.

BigRedChief
09-27-2004, 09:56 AM
I thought this was funny:
http://www.funny-funny-pictures.com/dp/files/1-178.jpg

Hammock Parties
09-27-2004, 09:56 AM
I thought this was funny:
http://www.funny-funny-pictures.com/dp/files/1-178.jpg

:LOL:

Funniest thing I've seen since the Vick Experience commercial. Rep.

htismaqe
09-27-2004, 10:18 AM

All of us will still be here at the end of the season, rooting for the Chiefs on Sunday and bitching about them the rest of the week. There's a TON of people here that have been fans since before Carl and Marty arrived. And that's precisely why this is so frustrating. We realize how few chances actually come along and it makes it that much more painful when those opportunities are squandered.

It's fine to hold out hope. There's also nothing wrong with people acknowledging the OVERWHELMING probability that this year's goal -- winning a Super Bowl -- is already out of reach.

Dave Lane
09-27-2004, 12:43 PM
All of us will still be here at the end of the season, rooting for the Chiefs on Sunday and bitching about them the rest of the week. There's a TON of people here that have been fans since before Carl and Marty arrived. And that's precisely why this is so frustrating. We realize how few chances actually come along and it makes it that much more painful when those opportunities are squandered.

It's fine to hold out hope. There's also nothing wrong with people acknowledging the OVERWHELMING probability that this year's goal -- winning a Super Bowl -- is already out of reach.

Parker,

Don't think I could have said it better myself...

I've been a fan since Dawson was chucking passes and Mike Garrett was toting the rock. I'll be a fan forever but damn I have suffered through 32 years of no superbowls and when my hopes were so high it hurts!

Dave

BigRedChief
09-27-2004, 01:47 PM

Been a fan since I was a young pup down in Springfield watching Lenny Cool, Otis Taylor, Bobby Bell etc...Gonna be one when I die. Told my son that he has to go to my funeral in a Chiefs jersey. My butt is out there in the stands come rain or shine. I think I've earned the right to whine about my team to fellow Chief fans. :harumph:

bogie
09-27-2004, 02:07 PM
Parker,

Don't think I could have said it better myself...

I've been a fan since Dawson was chucking passes and Mike Garrett was toting the rock. I'll be a fan forever but damn I have suffered through 32 years of no superbowls and when my hopes were so high it hurts!

Dave

Hey, don't you have some Raiders or Broncos or Fatlock @ss to smell?