PDA

View Full Version : Name That Dawg Thread

CosmicPal
09-26-2004, 05:14 PM
I've been looking and considering a dog for the past few weeks. So, after today's loss- I figured enough was enough- I'm going to get a dog to help me numb some of this pain of losing, not to mention- I could use a friendly companion.

And, so I did. 6 mo old Australian Cattle/Border Collie mix.

Beautiful, vivacious, and energetic puppy. The weirdest looking thng too: Brown spotted legs, black and white spotted body, with an enlarged Beagle-colored face. I met with the dog three times, and concluded we'd be good buddies for "Buck" took to me as well as heeding basic commands while being very friendly.

I'm happy now.

Anyways, I was thinking of what to name him- and as I was thinking- I heard Preist breaking the rushing record. I thought of naming him Preist- only this dog looks nothing like that name. So, I am going to decline on Preist.

He's an outdoor dog, so I was thinking of something outdoorsy...I just can't think of a name though. I don't like the name "Buck" He's just too playful to be a "Buck"

Anyone want to partake in a "Name My Dog" contest? Only you don't win anything, other than the fact that you successfully named my dog.

Thig Lyfe
09-26-2004, 05:15 PM
I thought this was a rap song game.

morphius
09-26-2004, 05:16 PM
zingo

My best friends dad had a dog with that name, very pretty bird dog.

David.
09-26-2004, 05:21 PM
Bob the Computer

Coach
09-26-2004, 05:23 PM
Bob the Damned Dole? :shrug:

Thig Lyfe
09-26-2004, 05:25 PM
Name it William Bartee so you can yell at it whenever the chiefs lose.

Sure-Oz
09-26-2004, 05:29 PM
Scruffy, Bailey(only if your dog is retarded and annoying), Bilbo, Gunner, i dont know, never named a dog, how about lassie??

CosmicPal
09-26-2004, 05:29 PM
Name it William Bartee so you can yell at it whenever the chiefs lose.

I don't yell at my dogs. Only when they are truly out of line, and even then I rarely do.

If anything, I'll name it Tucker. At least then, when/if I get upset with the dog, I can change the T to an F and call him "little *ucker!"

Thig Lyfe
09-26-2004, 05:33 PM
I don't yell at my dogs. Only when they are truly out of line, and even then I rarely do.

If anything, I'll name it Tucker. At least then, when/if I get upset with the dog, I can change the T to an F and call him "little *ucker!"

You should get the tape "Dissing your dog".

KCWolfman
09-26-2004, 05:50 PM
I'm getting a 40.00 hooker instead.

That will be cheaper than your dog and I can beat her without getting in trouble afterward.

BigOlChiefsfan
09-26-2004, 06:10 PM
One of the smartest Aussie cattle dogs I ever knew was named "Jum", if you're looking for a good, short name. Damsmart dog, he was able to answer the phone and get rid of telemarketers, could figure taxes and mix a pretty good martini. Not a perfect dog, used a little too much vermouth but I always attibuted that to his total lack of thumbs. Hard to stop pouring without 'em.

Gotta warn ya, a heeler/border collie mix is likely to be smarter than your average Bronco or Raider Fan. Granted, a sedimentary rock is smarter than they are but that's neither here nor there. Point is, be prepared for a dog that can become easily bored. You might arrange to keep a few Raider fans or Bronco fans fenced in nearby, give him something to herd & heel.

Ultra Peanut
09-26-2004, 06:41 PM
The Elegant Captain Pants

CosmicPal
09-26-2004, 06:44 PM
I'm getting a 40.00 hooker instead.

That will be cheaper than your dog and I can beat her without getting in trouble afterward.

Find out the name of your hooker, and maybe I'll name my dog after her. :D

CosmicPal
09-26-2004, 06:45 PM
The Elegant Captain Pants

Wah da....never mind.

4th and Long
09-26-2004, 06:55 PM
Name the dog Maslowski. That way, no matter how the game went, it won't be the dogs fault.

:D

teedubya
09-26-2004, 06:56 PM
yeah, Maz is a great name for your dog.

Ugly Duck
09-27-2004, 03:18 AM
I don't like the name "Buck" He's just too playful to be a "Buck"Name for a playful Texas Heeler? I'd call him "Bongo." Its unique, fun to say, and fits a playful herding dog. Here's my Border Collie "Buck"