PDA

View Full Version : ok is there at least some optimism out there?

bricks
09-26-2004, 07:01 PM
Can we still believe? I know this loss hurts, but, lets look on the positive side, lots of teams have been in our situation b4, and got there way out. Some examples, Buf in '98 started 0-3, made the playoffs, Dal in '95 started off 0-2 and won the bowl, Hou in '93 started off 0-4 finished the season 12-4, NE in '00 started off 1-3 and won the bowl, Philly started 0-2 last year and made the playoffs. So my question is why can't we do it? These teams can do it, why can't we? Heck, Gunther even said when he was in Tennessee they started 1-4 with Fisher and everybody was calling for his head. What happened? They rolled along and finished the season with 10/11 wins. So there is plenty of reason to still believe. I'm reading a lot of posts, and it seems like a lot of fans are just throwing in the towel. I don't know how I can say this, but, take for example your in a boxing match, a boxing match consists of 12 rounds, after round 3 your getting your lumps but you are not out? You still have 9 rounds to go.
So that means you do have a chance to win, right? Yes. And yes those comebacks have happened in boxing before. Well, this season is no different. This is a boxing match and we are not out, we still have 13 games to go and that's a lot of football to turns things around. You know how you get it done? It's one game at a time, just like boxing 1 round at a time. We do well the next game and WIN, guess what? confidence starts to build. just like boxing you climb back in round 4 kicks the guys ass in that round, and guess what? you start to believe you can the guys ass right? Confidence builds. So now it's all a matter of belief. We need the Confidence and Stamina, and we will go places. Yes we are hurt and hurt badly, all it takes is small steps at a time and we will get there. We do that by winning in Baltimore Monday night. If all goes well here's to a great season :toast: If not, then reading Mark M's thread on "putting the Chiefs season in perspective" makes me feel better. They lose so what, life goes on and there's plenty to life than just football. All to you folks, I'm supporting the Chiefs, even though were down :thumb: Go :arrow:

grandllama
09-26-2004, 07:04 PM
nope.

Delano
09-26-2004, 07:05 PM
If the players take the positives that happened today and apply them to the future games they should win quite a few games. However you still can't look past all of the negatives and the awful fact that KC lost to Houston at home.

Watching Priest's rundown of Coleman on that INT should be inspiring to the team.

teedubya
09-26-2004, 07:05 PM
I have and always will support and root for the Chiefs. I will not, however, support bad front office decisions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

4th and Long
09-26-2004, 07:07 PM
Optimism? Sure, I have optimism.

I'm optimistic we'll have a really high draft pick next year.

Gaz
09-26-2004, 07:08 PM
The Defense will continue to improve. True, the talent on the field puts a cap on how much improvement we can reasonably expect, but they are better than they were at the end of last season or the beginning of this season. That trend will continue.

I am frankly at a loss on the Offense. Sure, we did not have Kennison today, but we had Kennison in the first [2] games and the Offense was just as ineffective then. Something is hard broke on the Offensive side of the ball. That leaves a brand-new Defense to pick up the slack and they are simply not capable of doing it.

As long as the Offense continues to fail at critical moments [as they have in the first [3] games this season], then this team will take a serious beating.

So, I am optimistic on the Defense, but concerned about the Offense.

Still, I will cheer for the team to win next week, just like always.

xoxo~
Gaz
Straddling the fence.

Delano
09-26-2004, 07:11 PM
Optimism? Sure, I have optimism.

I'm optimistic we'll have a really high draft pick next year.

How can you look forward to April already? If they really lose enough games to get a high draft pick, I'm sure the player will suck if he plays at all his first year.

Saulbadguy
09-26-2004, 07:11 PM
Domanick Davis, 10 carries, 12 yards.......

We held them to 76 yards, with a 2.9 YPC average.

Unbelievable that we lost this game...

bricks
09-26-2004, 07:14 PM
Domanick Davis, 10 carries, 12 yards.......

We held them to 76 yards, with a 2.9 YPC average.

Unbelievable that we lost this game...

I hear ya, I think the turning point was the Green int for a TD. That absolutely killed us :banghead: Other than that I see no reason the Chiefs lose this game. But, worrying about it isn't gonna do us any good, let's look forward to beating baltimore!

chiefsfan987
09-26-2004, 07:16 PM
After giving it some thought I've decided to be optimistic. Its easy to go the negative rout and say we're 0-3 and haven't looked good this season. Yeah there were blunders and bad calls on our part and the team is probably kicking itself right now. That said, if the Chiefs can find a way to pull one out in Baltimore next week combined with a Broncos loss, this team would only be one game back with 12 to go. I don't think its too far fetched to think we could make up that ground. Here's to being Tampa Bays biggest fan for two weeks!

Hammock Parties
09-26-2004, 07:19 PM
I am frankly at a loss on the Offense. Sure, we did not have Kennison today, but we had Kennison in the first [2] games and the Offense was just as ineffective then. Something is hard broke on the Offensive side of the ball.

I think you are being a little hard on the offense. For all intents and purposes they were pretty good today. The passing game was MUCH better. We just had brain farts twice in the red zone, costing us 10 points.

Bowser
09-26-2004, 07:33 PM
I think you are being a little hard on the offense. For all intents and purposes they were pretty good today. The passing game was MUCH better. We just had brain farts twice in the red zone, costing us 10 points.

Oh, come on! Our offense manages to score 21 points, and you think we were "pretty good" today? We sucked on offense! We don't attack down the field! It's all this short crossing crap, if it's not deep down the middle to Gonzo. Our offense scared opposing teams last year. This year, they have those same teams scratching their heads wondering what happened to the offense they faced last year.

DeepSouth
09-26-2004, 07:33 PM
The defense was pretty good today also. They only allowed 17 points. Isn't that what people were wanting. Hold the other team to less that 20 points, and with this offense the Chiefs should win.

I still think the Chiefs will win.

What would you rather have. Win the first nine, finish 13-3 and lose in the first round of the playoffs?

Or, have a team that gets better throughout the year. Finishes with a record just good enough to get them into the playoffs but are peaking win the playoffs starts?

Still have high hopes for this team...............

Delano
09-26-2004, 07:37 PM
Oh, come on! Our offense manages to score 21 points, and you think we were "pretty good" today? We sucked on offense! We don't attack down the field! It's all this short crossing crap, if it's not deep down the middle to Gonzo. Our offense scared opposing teams last year. This year, they have those same teams scratching their heads wondering what happened to the offense they faced last year.

Who exactly is going to go downfield and get open?

Hammock Parties
09-26-2004, 07:37 PM

Yardage-wise, we were as good as we were last year. If we had not decided to **** up in the red zone, we easily score 31 points, which is par for last year.

Almost 400 yards of offense is not "sucking."

greg63
09-26-2004, 07:38 PM
Nope, no optimism at all, I think they should just call it a season and save themselves the embarrassment. Looking at the Chefs ...er I mean Chiefs schedule I don't see anyone that I think they could potentially beat, given the way they are playing. I would not be surprised to see them have a perfect 0-16 record this season. You can blame it on coaching, DV, CP, and the refs, but the simple fact of the matter is this - they SUCK this year. Enough said.

Report Post | IP: Logged

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2004, 07:39 PM
I agree with DeepSouth.

whoman69
09-26-2004, 07:40 PM
Who exactly is going to go downfield and get open?
Smith can but DV doesn't trust to put him in important situation.

Delano
09-26-2004, 07:41 PM
Nope, no optimism at all, I think they should just call it a season and save themselves the embarrassment. Looking at the Chefs ...er I mean Chiefs schedule I don't see anyone that I think they could potentially beat, given the way they are playing. I would not be surprised to see them have a perfect 0-16 record this season. You can blame it on coaching, DV, CP, and the refs, but the simple fact of the matter is this - they SUCK this year. Enough said.

Thanks for chiming in.

teedubya
09-26-2004, 07:42 PM
That 14 point swing was a killer. I knew we won the game if we get that TD... we ALWAYS score in the Red zone.... and um... 102 yards later, I knew we were gonna lose. In fact, I feel asleep on the couch after the Texans tied it up 21-21... recorded it... but i havent watched yet... dont think i will honestly.

greg63
09-26-2004, 07:47 PM
Thanks for chiming in.

Hey you’re the first to ever quote me. I feel like I have finally arrived here at the planet. My view of the Chiefs may be offensive right now, but it is how I honestly feel. Thanks for quoting me though.

bricks
09-26-2004, 07:51 PM

Report Post | IP: Logged

To win a bowl you gotta beat the good teams. I'm looking forward to playing the good teams. We win, we win. We don't so what? I'm sorry but I don't agree with your way of thinking, no offence, you might as well throw in the towel. I agree with you on one thing, yes we can blame the coaches and the refs, I'll add in the players as well. It's up to them to turn this thing together.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2004, 07:51 PM
That 14 point swing was a killer. I knew we won the game if we get that TD... we ALWAYS score in the Red zone.... and um... 102 yards later, I knew we were gonna lose. In fact, I feel asleep on the couch after the Texans tied it up 21-21... recorded it... but i havent watched yet... dont think i will honestly.

All you missed was some horrid officialing and the Chiefs defense choking like they had a chicken bone stuck in their collective throats.

Bowser
09-26-2004, 07:52 PM
Yardage-wise, we were as good as we were last year. If we had not decided to **** up in the red zone, we easily score 31 points, which is par for last year.

Almost 400 yards of offense is not "sucking."

Yippity-frickin-doo! We kicked some serious ass between the 20 yard lines! So what? You made my arguement for me---If we had not decided to **** up in the red zone........

Hammock Parties
09-26-2004, 07:54 PM
Yippity-frickin-doo! We kicked some serious ass between the 20 yard lines! So what? You made my arguement for me---If we had not decided to **** up in the red zone........

Right, we screwed it up in a couple of those situations. But that is an improvement over the first two games, ESPECIALLY in the passing game and IF YOU DIDN'T NOTICE we were 8-13 on third downs today. That is EXCELLENT.

Coach
09-26-2004, 07:58 PM
Well let me give you some positives on the Chiefs as for lately. I know it doesn't mean a W, but let's see how their rush D came after 3 weeks.

Last week stats would look like this.

Games Attempts Attempt per game Yards AVG Yards per game
2 75 37.6 376 5.0 187.5

After today.

Games Attempts Attempt per game Yards AVG Yards per game
3 101 33.6 452 4.4 150.6

So run defense has improved tremendously, and this Texans run offense is a solid run offense with Dominick Davis IMHO.

tommykat
09-26-2004, 07:58 PM
The Afc west sucks, the division is still up for grabs.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2004, 08:00 PM
The Afc west sucks, the division is still up for grabs.

You can't be the real tommykat. This post is far too coherent.

bricks
09-26-2004, 08:04 PM
Bottomline guys, we lost this game imo, cause of 2 things, #1-Trent Green's int at the goaline for a TD, and DV not kicking the FG on 4th and 2 at Hou 11. Boy I can imagine, Poor old DV musta had a breakdown after the game. He sends Tynes on the field to kick the field goal against Car inside their 30 near the end of the first half in game 2, and regrets not going for it at the end of the game. Says he woulda went for it if he knew he was going to lose by 11. I wonder :hmmm: what he's thinking now if he kicked the field goal against Hou inside their 11 rather than going for it on 4th and 2? Think about it, add another 3 pts and this 24-21 score woulda never happened. Burned both times :banghead:

greg63
09-26-2004, 08:06 PM
To win a bowl you gotta beat the good teams. I'm looking forward to playing the good teams. We win, we win. We don't so what? I'm sorry but I don't agree with your way of thinking, no offence, you might as well throw in the towel. I agree with you on one thing, yes we can blame the coaches and the refs, I'll add in the players as well. It's up to them to turn this thing together.

Point well taken Bricks, but untill they can win at least their first game I will have no optimism, and will have no expectations until they can prove that they are contenders. Call me a fair weather fan, but it is how I truely feel, and I'm not one of these fans who look for excuses for lossess. The Chiefs got it handed to them the last three weeks, and I'm mad about it. But, it isn't the end of the world.

tommykat
09-26-2004, 08:11 PM
You can't be the real tommykat. This post is far too coherent.
Excuse moi? I just got home from the game and AM VERY CO-HERANT....ROFL Actually I have much to tell from the game and it is good!!!

bricks
09-26-2004, 08:13 PM
Point well taken Bricks, but untill they can win at least their first game I will have no optimism, and will have no expectations until they can prove that they are contenders. Call me a fair weather fan, but it is how I truely feel, and I'm not one of these fans who look for excuses for lossess. The Chiefs got it handed to them the last three weeks, and I'm mad about it. But, it isn't the end of the world.

I love your quote at the end. And your right it isn't the end of the world.
I understand your frustrations and I'm with you, but, being mad and concerned isn't gonna do us good, we move forward and think about Tomorrow. Just reality.

Hammock Parties
Excuse moi? I just got home from the game and AM VERY CO-HERANT....ROFL Actually I have much to tell from the game and it is good!!!

There was nothing good about that game.

Delano

I, for one, can not WA-AITTT to hear your tail.

Gaz
09-26-2004, 08:15 PM
There was nothing good about that game.

Nonsense.

ST gave the Offense good field position.

The Offense moved the ball well at times.

The Defense is improved from last week.

xoxo~
Gaz
Sees some good stuff.

Gaz
09-26-2004, 08:17 PM
I, for one, can not WA-AITTT to hear your tail.

I, for one, would prefer to see TK's tail.

xoxo~
Gaz
Assumes that groping is right out.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2004, 08:18 PM
Nonsense.

xoxo~
Gaz
Sees some good stuff.

We didn't win. It wasn't good enough.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2004, 08:19 PM

xoxo~
Gaz

That's pretty risque for you, Gaz.

Delano
09-26-2004, 08:19 PM

xoxo~
Gaz

Yeah, that is what I meant. By typing see, I meant tap.

Gaz
09-26-2004, 08:20 PM
We didn't win. It wasn't good enough.

If that is your only criteria for “good stuff,” then suit yourself.

xoxo~
Gaz
Going with a broader interpretation.

Michael Michigan
09-26-2004, 08:20 PM
None here.

No young players to watch thanks to another lousy draft.

I just feel for Holmes.

Bowser
09-26-2004, 08:21 PM
Nonsense.

xoxo~
Gaz
Sees some good stuff.

You are right. But unfortunately, patience is not a virtue with an NFL team. To quote the group Queen...

I want it all
And I want it NOW!

:shake:

Hammock Parties
None here.

I just feel for Holmes.

Yep. We're going to waste his career. Flushed right down the KC drain with all that BBQ poop.

Gaz
That's pretty risque for you, Gaz.

Yah, I’m a bad boy through and through.

xoxo~
Gaz
Ruffian.

Delano
None here.

I just feel for Holmes.

I don't know about you but I'm keeping my eye on Jared Allen.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2004, 08:22 PM
Yah, I’m a bad boy through and through.

xoxo~
Gaz
Ruffian.

ROFL

Why you have your rep disabled is beyond me. You could be raking it in easily.

bricks
09-26-2004, 08:24 PM
I don't know about you but I'm keeping my eye on Jared Allen.

Me too. How bout Siavii?

Hammock Parties
09-26-2004, 08:25 PM
Me too. How bout Siavii?

Siavii was in there when we stuffed their asses on third and 1. God that was great. I think by seasons end this run defense will be solid. We were TOTALLY shutting down Domanick Davis.

bricks
09-26-2004, 08:28 PM
I love his size 6-4 350. That is one big dude, anybody know what his wing span is?

Size just says it all, that's tough to block one on one, even double teamed.

greg63
09-26-2004, 08:39 PM
I love your quote at the end. And your right it isn't the end of the world.
I understand your frustrations and I'm with you, but, being mad and concerned isn't gonna do us good, we move forward and think about Tomorrow. Just reality.

Well I have been accused of being a bit too passionate. You have a good point of view. You and I may not totally agree with each other, but I can appreciate that we can agree to disagree and be civil. For that I thank you.

bricks
09-26-2004, 08:44 PM
Well I have been accused of being a bit too passionate. You have a good point of view. You and I may not totally agree with each other, but I can appreciate that we can agree to disagree and be civil. For that I thank you.

:toast:

Chiefnj
09-26-2004, 09:47 PM
I feel better after this game than after the first two losses.

1. The DL played well. The front 4 actually stopped the run and pressured the QB.
2. Dalton and Allen are emerging on the line as pretty good young players.
3. The linebackers played well; they shed blocks, didn't miss as many tackles and were effective blitzing.
4. Chris Horn looked okay as a third receiver.
5. But for one pass Trent had a very good game.
6. I don't think the refs can continue to screw the Chiefs the rest of the season as bad as they did today.
7. Priest is healthy.

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2004, 09:57 PM
I just feel for Holmes.

I feel more for Will Shields, he has done it every stinking time since '93.

philfree
09-26-2004, 10:24 PM
I saw alot of good things from the Chiefs today. We are in a deep hole and the playoffs are a dream but not totally impossible. I'm still good with the two year window so I'm not freaking. We need to stay the course.

PhilFree :arrow:

fan4ever
09-27-2004, 09:25 AM
I would love to make still make the playoffs; it's possible, but I'm a realist.

What I want out of this season is:

to beat some teams we're not supposed to beat;

get the swagger back into this ball club;

see the defense mesh, and become a force;

see our younger receivers develope.

You might think I'm saying "wait 'til next year" but I'm not. I expect to be doing a lot of hollering, celebrating, high-fiving and beer drinking this season although we may not be going to the playoffs...

Hammock Parties
09-27-2004, 09:30 AM
I feel more for Will Shields, he has done it every stinking time since '93.

Not to mention Tony Richardson. :(

greg63
09-27-2004, 10:02 AM
I would love to make still make the playoffs; it's possible, but I'm a realist.

What I want out of this season is:

to beat some teams we're not supposed to beat;

get the swagger back into this ball club;

see the defense mesh, and become a force;

see our younger receivers develope.

You might think I'm saying "wait 'til next year" but I'm not. I expect to be doing a lot of hollering, celebrating, high-fiving and beer drinking this season although we may not be going to the playoffs...

Well my hats off to ya. I guess low expectations are better than no expectations, which is what I have right now. I'm looking forward to next years draft and the 2005 season.