PDA

View Full Version : Just Be Glad That You Don't Live In Houston...

TEX
09-27-2004, 08:54 AM
Like I do because you would be having to re-live the horror of yesterday everywhere. I'ts all over the radio this moring on every station, all over the local news, all over the newspaper, and the worst part is that almost EVERY person I know has asked me," Hey, did you see the game?" ( NO I PHUCKING MISSED IT, NOW WILL YOU GO PLAY ON THE FREEWAY!) As they all know that I've been a CHIEFS fan all my life. Shoot, I had to close my office door because some folks were stopping bye, that I don't even know, to ask me if I saw the game. Under these circumstances, this $UCKS worse than any, and I mean ANY past loss. Thanks CHIEFS for making this a MONDAY IN HELL! :cuss:

Rain Man
09-27-2004, 09:08 AM
So...did you see the game?

(I feel your pain, believe me. See Week 1, when we apparently did a David Copperfield trick to turn Quentin Griffin, the NFL's shortest starting benchwarmer, into about 0.8 Barry Sanderses.)

TEX
09-27-2004, 09:15 AM
So...did you see the game?

ROFL

No, I wa phucking playing on the freeway. Not much traffic cause EVERYONE was watching the game. ..

Baby Lee
09-27-2004, 09:21 AM
I was a a sports bar where some idiot Rams fans actually cheered the Chiefs loss for an, IMO inordinate amount of time. My only consolation from yesterday was watching them piss THEIR game away a few minutes later.

TEX
09-27-2004, 09:50 AM
I was a a sports bar where some idiot Rams fans actually cheered the Chiefs loss for an, IMO inordinate amount of time. My only consolation from yesterday was watching them piss THEIR game away a few minutes later.

Those who laugh last laugh longest... :hmmm:

Frazod
09-27-2004, 09:56 AM
Man, that sucks.

I'm off today after driving back, but I'll certainly get a measure of shit at work tomorrow. At least it will be somewhat stale after two days.

My secret weapons - any Chicagoan flipping me shit will quickly be reminded of (a) the 31-3 game last year (sadly, the last game we won :banghead: ) and (b) the St. Louis Cardinals. That will deflect MOST of the abuse.

Plus, I really don't know anybody in real life sadistic enough to keep bashing me much longer. Ripping on a Chiefs fan right now is akin to picking on a little retarded kid.

TEX
09-27-2004, 09:59 AM
Man, that sucks.

I'm off today after driving back, but I'll certainly get a measure of shit at work tomorrow. At least it will be somewhat stale after two days.

My secret weapons - any Chicagoan flipping me shit will quickly be reminded of (a) the 31-3 game last year (sadly, the last game we won :banghead: ) and (b) the St. Louis Cardinals. That will deflect MOST of the abuse.

Plus, I really don't know anybody in real life sadistic enough to keep bashing me much longer. Ripping on a Chiefs fan right now is akin to picking on a little retarded kid.

You've got a point. :hmmm:

sd4chiefs
09-27-2004, 10:08 AM
This is not happening. I am just having a nightmare. I am going to wake up now and everything will be like it should be. The Chiefs will be 3 - 0 and on top of the world. WAKE UP! PLEASE WAKE UP! OH GOD I CAN'T WAKE UP! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Frazod
09-27-2004, 10:23 AM
Also, add to my pain the fact that I got barbequed at the game yesterday. I was sitting with my back to the sun and I still managed to get a sunburn in a v-neck pattern on my neck/chest because of the button down shirt I was wearing, and I have little doubt that the back of my neck is as red as a Chiefs helmet. I am in a fair amount of physical pain right now, which goes nicely with the emotional distress and rage provided by the team. Thanks, guys.

Now I think I'll go stick my head in a vat of Noxzema.

:cuss:

TEX
09-27-2004, 10:23 AM
This is not happening. I am just having a nightmare. I am going to wake up now and everything will be like it should be. The Chiefs will be 3 - 0 and on top of the world. WAKE UP! PLEASE WAKE UP! OH GOD I CAN'T WAKE UP! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I thought that too until just about EVERYONE that I know, here in Houston, reminded me other wise! :banghead:

MichaelH
09-27-2004, 10:48 AM
Like I do because you would be having to re-live the horror of yesterday everywhere. I'ts all over the radio this moring on every station, all over the local news, all over the newspaper, and the worst part is that almost EVERY person I know has asked me," Hey, did you see the game?" ( NO I PHUCKING MISSED IT, NOW WILL YOU GO PLAY ON THE FREEWAY!) As they all know that I've been a CHIEFS fan all my life. Shoot, I had to close my office door because some folks were stopping bye, that I don't even know, to ask me if I saw the game. Under these circumstances, this $UCKS worse than any, and I mean ANY past loss. Thanks CHIEFS for making this a MONDAY IN HELL! :cuss:

Been there, done that last week. I live just outside Charlotte. :(

TEX
09-27-2004, 10:54 AM
Been there, done that last week. I live just outside Charlotte. :(

That's really not as bad because the Panthers went to the Super Bowl last year. We lost to the latest expansion team that only has a couple of road wins to their credit and we were a heavy favorite. We also dominated the game in every statistical category, but still managed to lose. That was not the case with the Panthers.

Not trying to make light of your pain, but mine is MUCH WORSE! :cuss:

TEX
09-27-2004, 10:56 AM
Now I'm PI$$ED as some co-worker put a HUGE TEXAN sticker on my back window that covered my CHIEFS sticker... :cuss: :cuss: :banghead:

Frazod
09-27-2004, 10:58 AM
Now I'm PI$$ED as some co-worker put a HUGE TEXAN sticker on my back window that covered my CHIEFS sticker... :cuss: :cuss: :banghead:

ROFL Sounds like something I would do.

TEX
09-27-2004, 11:10 AM
ROFL Sounds like something I would do.

Yeah, it was kind of funny...

grandllama
09-27-2004, 11:14 AM
Also, add to my pain the fact that I got barbequed at the game yesterday. I was sitting with my back to the sun and I still managed to get a sunburn in a v-neck pattern on my neck/chest because of the button down shirt I was wearing, and I have little doubt that the back of my neck is as red as a Chiefs helmet. I am in a fair amount of physical pain right now, which goes nicely with the emotional distress and rage provided by the team. Thanks, guys.

You and me both buddy... add on top of sunburn and the emotional distress the fact that I've been sick for over a week now and got basically NO sleep last night....

This is quite possibly the worst Monday I've had in a loooooong time...

TEX
09-27-2004, 05:29 PM
Just when I thought I had made it through today, the door hit me in my A$$ on the way out as the ride home was filled with more of the same. Turned off the radio and then when I got home, my buddy "TEXAN RICK " as he's known on the local talk radio shows, was waiting for me. The first thing he said was," Hey Steve, did the CHEIFS win yesterday." Then he proceeded to give me what turned out to be about my 20th copy of the Houston Chronicle's Sports Section... :cuss:

gblowfish
09-27-2004, 05:42 PM
Ripping on a Chiefs fan right now is akin to picking on a little retarded kid.
Cripple fight!!! Cripple fight!!!

Skip Towne
09-27-2004, 06:05 PM

Hence the term "redneck".

2bikemike
09-27-2004, 06:55 PM
Hey I even have a few Charger fans getting cocky with me. Even though they lost as well.

Bug
09-27-2004, 07:00 PM
Tell me about it Tex.......everywhere I turned at work today was a copy of the sports page with its now burned forever in my memory headline...

Texans Stun Chiefs at Arrowhead

Not to mention a large number of co-workers recounting the highlights me all fringgin day, I knew I shoulda called in sick....

2bikemike
09-27-2004, 07:10 PM
Tell me about it Tex.......everywhere I turned at work today was a copy of the sports page with its now burned forever in my memory headline...

Not to mention a large number of co-workers recounting the highlights me all fringgin day, I knew I shoulda called in sick....

Well if you felt like me after the game and still feel today it would have been a legitimate sick day.

Darkwolfe
09-27-2004, 07:13 PM
Ugh! I DID live in Houston for a while. But that was when the Oilers were still there and Butt Adams was making everyone hate him.

Yuck! They don't call that place the Bayou City for nothing. Mosquitos that could carry off your dog and roadkill alligators.

Escape when you can. :)

TEX
09-27-2004, 07:30 PM
Ugh! I DID live in Houston for a while. But that was when the Oilers were still there and Butt Adams was making everyone hate him.

Yuck! They don't call that place the Bayou City for nothing. Mosquitos that could carry off your dog and roadkill alligators.

Escape when you can. :)

Houston's not all that bad. Or maybe it's that I've lived here all my life and am just used to it? We only have about 3 weeks of winter so there's plenty to do outside all year.

To your Oiler reference, I think some of these guys, who were piling on, are taking out their frustrations over the Oilers and their last Playoff loss which just happens to be our last playoff win... :hmmm:

TEX
09-27-2004, 07:31 PM

Man, I even went to the bathroom today to get away, and there was a sports page waiting for me there as well! :banghead:

Darkwolfe
09-27-2004, 07:39 PM
Houston's not all that bad. Or maybe it's that I've lived here all my life and am just used to it? We only have about 3 weeks of winter so there's plenty to do outside all year.

To your Oiler reference, I think some of these guys, who were piling on, are taking out their frustrations over the Oilers and their last Playoff loss which just happens to be our last playoff win... :hmmm:

LoL, I grew up in Texas, but only lived in Houston for a year. That was one year toooooo many let me tell you.

I'll take the snowstorms here in KC in exchange for the 3 months of 100+ degrees with 100%- humidity any time. You can throw snowballs and such. :D

tk13
09-27-2004, 07:46 PM
Eh, you could always move to Indiana... which besides Denver and Oakland, is probably the absolute worst place you can be a Chiefs fan. It's always great to have to see the opposing side of an "underdog" team pulling off a playoff upset (and one of the franchise's biggest playoff wins) in a supposedly bulletproof Arrowhead stadium.... twice.