PDA

View Full Version : What if Chiefs go 10-3,11-2, 12-1, or 13-0 the rest of the season?

chiefsfan1963
09-27-2004, 10:42 AM
What will all you on this board who have thrown in the towel, trashed DV, CP, Lamar, Green, TG, WR's, OL, Defense, the whole organization be saying then?

Many are quick to criticize, but few truly are supporting this team.

I'm very bummed about the last 3 weeks, but I'm no band wagon fan .

I'm proud about what we have accomplished the last 3 years, and can't imagine how it's feeling for the players and coaches right now.

I thought they would be slow out of the gates, but 0-3 was not what I was thinking.

All I can say is I'm supporting my Chiefs, and I won't be at all surprised that they make the playoffs and go to the Super Bowl even with the hole there in right now.

I won't have to grovel like many on this board if they salvage the season as I predict. If I'm wrong that's okay too, I can still look at myself in the mirror and know I'm a true fan. Will you?

Donger
09-27-2004, 10:46 AM
What will all you on this board who have thrown in the towel, trashed DV, CP, Lamar, Green, TG, WR's, OL, Defense, the whole organization be saying then?

I'm proud about what we have accomplished the last 3 years, and can't imagine how it's feeling for the players and coaches right now.

I thought they would be slow out of the gates, but 0-3 was not what I was thinking.

All I can say is I'm supporting my Chiefs, and I won't be at all surprised that they make the playoffs and go to the Super Bowl even with the hole there in right now.

I won't have to grovel like many on this board if they salvage the season as I predict. If I'm wrong that's okay too, I can still look at myself in the mirror and know I'm a true fan. Will you?

Just out of curiousity, what exactly have you seen over the last three games that leads you to believe that the Chiefs will make the playoffs?

ceebz
09-27-2004, 10:48 AM
I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. Hopefully, the offense gets its act together. Baltimore's a tough place to do that though.

oldandslow
09-27-2004, 10:50 AM
Yep...

I watched the Chiefs win their first SB.

I saw Ed Podolack almost single-handedly carry the team on his back against Miami.

I remember Buck, Curly, and Willie.

I sat through the 80's.

When Montana came on board, I was thrilled. Same with Allen.

I AM a fan...and will always be.

BUT...

This team, imo, is heading in the wrong direction - again. I thought so during the offseason and during the last 2 drafts. I wanted a SB - BAD. But we sat...while everyone knew we needed LB and WR help.

That window has closed and now we will begin our next 5 year plan.

So I will complain. I will second guess. I will call for Carl's ouster.

We have just wasted the Priest years. I am angry about it.

It does not make me less of a fan.

ChiefsFanatic
09-27-2004, 10:51 AM
Then my ass will be really sore, cause from what I've heard, winged pigs can be rather large.

Garcia Bronco
09-27-2004, 10:52 AM
With this divison...it's not out of the question...but 0-3 is a hard hole to climb out of...I think TB went 0-4 in 2000 but they made the playoffs....they lost to the Rams on that BS not catch call in the NFCC game...but they had one heck of a defense then and Shawn King and the offense were about average..playing in the average NFC west.

ChiefsFanatic
09-27-2004, 10:52 AM
Yep...

I saw Ed Podolack almost single-handedly carry the team on his back against Miami.

I sat through the 80's.

BUT...

This team, imo, is heading in the wrong direction - again. I thought so during the offseason and during the last 2 drafts. I wanted a SB - BAD. But we sat...while everyone knew we needed LB and WR help.

Nice post.

siberian khatru
09-27-2004, 10:53 AM
If we were "bandwagon" fans we wouldn't be on this board anymore. We'd be at Seahawks Planet or whatnot.

We're bitching BECAUSE we care so much. We want so bad for the team to do well. And many of us feel betrayed for being sold a bill of goods by Carl and Co. Most of us here were fans in the 70s and 80s, and kept returning after the crushing disappointments of 95, 97 and 03, and the implosions of 98 and 00.

Just because we say the emperor has no clothes doesn't mean we're leaving the kingdom.

htismaqe
09-27-2004, 10:58 AM
We had to listen to you all season last year saying we were a paper 9-0 team that was a year away.

Now you're going to CALL US OUT AS FANS when the team that YOU SAID was a year away has sucked the last 3 weeks?

You're a moron.

BigRedChief
09-27-2004, 10:59 AM
Put me on record. King Carl must go regardless of the season outcome. DV may be getting old and have had a bad game or two but he's still the coach of this team until he says no mas.

I agree we have wasted the Priest years just like the Montana years, We ignored the issue with a kicker, We ignored our defense this off season. Chickens have entered the building and are setting up the roost.

htismaqe
09-27-2004, 11:03 AM
Put me on record. King Carl must go regardless of the season outcome. DV may be getting old and have had a bad game or two but he's still the coach of this team until he says no mas.

I agree we have wasted the Priest years just like the Montana years, We ignored the issue with a kicker, We ignored our defense this off season. Chickens have entered the building and are setting up the roost.

The only way Carl leaves is if DV goes.

Unfortunately, in this situation, Vermeil must be the sacrificial lamb.

the Talking Can
09-27-2004, 11:04 AM

u r dumb

the Talking Can
09-27-2004, 11:06 AM
If we were "bandwagon" fans we wouldn't be on this board anymore. We'd be at Seahawks Planet or whatnot.

We're bitching BECAUSE we care so much. We want so bad for the team to do well. And many of us feel betrayed for being sold a bill of goods by Carl and Co. Most of us here were fans in the 70s and 80s, and kept returning after the crushing disappointments of 95, 97 and 03, and the implosions of 98 and 00.

Just because we say the emperor has no clothes doesn't mean we're leaving the kingdom.

rep for stating what should be obvious

The Bad Guy
09-27-2004, 11:06 AM
Yep...

I sat through the 80's.

BUT...

Amen. I have nothing else to add. This post sums up my thoughts perfectly.

chiefsfan1963
09-27-2004, 11:08 AM
Yep...

I sat through the 80's.

BUT...

hey oldand slow I can see you're a fan. I just think we have the luxury of second guessing decisions being made so easily. I we can't seem to understand why the right decision wasn't made, it's so obvious.

But this is really not reality is it?

The reality is we would be 3-0 right now if our offense was running at 80% capacity. IMO our O is running in the low 60's and that's being nice. No team coach can have backup plans when the majority of your receiving corp is either injured or not playing. Once we get healed up in that area we going to be hard to beat. In the beginning of the season most critics were picking us b/c our offense had many weapons and our D just had to be decent come playoff time. Well when you take away several of the weapons it's not hard to understand what the outcome will be.

KCTitus
09-27-2004, 11:09 AM
Holy Moly! I appreciate the optimism, but this just not realistic at all.

It's sad to realize that KC's 'year' was last year and they're on their way back down the mountain as it were. There is a little glimmer of hope but that door/window is damn near shut.

Definately going to be a long year...

The Bad Guy
09-27-2004, 11:12 AM
hey oldand slow I can see you're a fan. I just think we have the luxury of second guessing decisions being made so easily. I we can't seem to understand why the right decision wasn't made, it's so obvious.

But this is really not reality is it?

The reality is we would be 3-0 right now if our offense was running at 80% capacity. IMO our O is running in the low 60's and that's being nice. No team coach can have backup plans when the majority of your receiving corp is either injured or not playing. Once we get healed up in that area we going to be hard to beat. In the beginning of the season most critics were picking us b/c our offense had many weapons and our D just had to be decent come playoff time. Well when you take away several of the weapons it's not hard to understand what the outcome will be.

The reality is we have had receiver problems since Vermeil got here and they were never properly addressed. We've had cornerback problems too that were never addressed

We tried putting band-aids over gunshot wounds and it didn't work.

I wish I shared your optimism, but when you lose to Houston at home, there is little hope.

WarCry!
09-27-2004, 11:15 AM
I think some posters are a little misguided in thinking that people here are jumping off the bandwagon/giving up on the Chiefs. I haven't done that in 20 years - no matter what the situation. There IS however, a big tone of extreme disappointment - and I see nothing wrong with that. The Chiefs have given us a lot to be disappointed about so far this year. I may get on the board and whine about this or sound pessimistic - but it's my therapy for being completely distraught and disappointed over what has transpired so far this year. I'll be watching next game - every play and I'll be going to KC to see them play Atlanta - and so on. I'm there to the end, every year - but it's going to take a lot to get over the disappointment I feel right now - and I think that a lot of posters who seem so negative are exactly the same way. So don't assume that because you are so "positive" that it somehow makes you a better fan - because IMHO - it doesn't. If the Chiefs go 13-3 this season - I'll be so freakin happy - but right now, my heart tells me that ain't happening. It's a self protection thing- after years of getting up hope only to have it smashed into the ground - it's getting a little bit harder be so "positive" when the Chiefs are in the tank. And make no mistake about it - that's exactly where they are right now.

Gaz
09-27-2004, 11:18 AM
We have seen this “true fan” crap before. It is unadulterated nonsense. Just because there are those among us who have decided that we are not going to the playoffs does not make them any less of a fan than those of us who think we are going to end up at 13-3.

I hoped that I would not see another one of these threads.

xoxo~
Gaz
Hates to see this stuff rear its ugly head again.

1punkyQB
09-27-2004, 11:25 AM
The next four games are Balt, Jax, Atlanta, and Indy. I don't see 10-3 for the rest of the season as even a remote possibility and I'm not ordinarily a pessimist.

Gaz
09-27-2004, 11:38 AM
... I don't see 10-3 for the rest of the season as even a remote possibility...

That’s because you are not a true f-

Oh, crap. I can’t do it. Not even in fun.

Never mind.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not wicked enough.

chiefsfan1963
09-27-2004, 11:39 AM

sold a bill of goods? what do you mean?

chiefsfan1963
09-27-2004, 11:41 AM
We had to listen to you all season last year saying we were a paper 9-0 team that was a year away.

Now you're going to CALL US OUT AS FANS when the team that YOU SAID was a year away has sucked the last 3 weeks?

You're a moron.

nice post htismaqe! and you're a moderator. nice.
:thumb:

The Bad Guy
09-27-2004, 11:43 AM
nice post htismaqe! and you're a moderator. nice.

So what? A moderator can't call a spade a spade?

Cannibal
09-27-2004, 11:49 AM
I won't be at all surprised that they make the playoffs and go to the Super Bowl even with the hole there in right now.

Sorry, but fan or not, if you think this team is going to the Superbowl you're a total moron.

chiefsfan1963
09-27-2004, 11:51 AM
I think some posters are a little misguided in thinking that people here are jumping off the bandwagon/giving up on the Chiefs. I haven't done that in 20 years - no matter what the situation. There IS however, a big tone of extreme disappointment - and I see nothing wrong with that. The Chiefs have given us a lot to be disappointed about so far this year. I may get on the board and whine about this or sound pessimistic - but it's my therapy for being completely distraught and disappointed over what has transpired so far this year. I'll be watching next game - every play and I'll be going to KC to see them play Atlanta - and so on. I'm there to the end, every year - but it's going to take a lot to get over the disappointment I feel right now - and I think that a lot of posters who seem so negative are exactly the same way. So don't assume that because you are so "positive" that it somehow makes you a better fan - because IMHO - it doesn't. If the Chiefs go 13-3 this season - I'll be so freakin happy - but right now, my heart tells me that ain't happening. It's a self protection thing- after years of getting up hope only to have it smashed into the ground - it's getting a little bit harder be so "positive" when the Chiefs are in the tank. And make no mistake about it - that's exactly where they are right now.

hey i'm pretty depressed right now too. i'm not overly optimistic at all i'm neutral here. i'm not jumping off saying it's over, were through that's all.

everyone is quick to jump on the fact we should of done this we should of did this, etc....

sorry i don't buy it. all i'm saying is what will all these people will be saying if we turn it around and go 13-0, 12-1, 11-2, 10-3? what should we have done then?

i guess we'll have to wait and see. Definitely the odds are way against me. but i'll take them nonetheless! :thumb:

KCN
09-27-2004, 11:56 AM
What's up with everyone throwing around the term bandwagon lately?

To refresh what should be obvious,

1. Bandwagon: a popular party, faction, or cause that attracts growing support -- often used in such phrases as climb on the bandwagon.

2. Fairweather: Present and dependable only in good times

3. Discontented: Absence of contentment; dissatisfaction; a restless longing for better circumstances.

I believe what everyone means to be accusing this board of is #2 instead of #1, although I think in reality most of us just simply fall under #3. Bandwagon fans would have become Chiefs fans last fall and abandoned the team after the playoffs for the Pats or Eagles.

Hoover
09-27-2004, 12:06 PM
I remain hopeful, and the reason is because I don't think our division is that good. All we have to do is win the division and we are in.

I thought we played a good game yesterday.

Garcia Bronco
09-27-2004, 12:10 PM
Well..the way the 4 teams are playing this year in the west...8-8 could win it.

Saulbadguy
09-27-2004, 12:14 PM
I'm already psyched for Monday Night. I don't know about the rest of you girls, but i'm looking forward to the rest of the season. I was as depressed as the rest of you on Sunday, but i'm not about to write these guys off. I've seen teams rebound from more, and as DV said, this IS a team of character.

chiefsfan1963
09-27-2004, 12:16 PM
I remain hopeful, and the reason is because I don't think our division is that good. All we have to do is win the division and we are in.

I thought we played a good game yesterday.

hoover what a way to diffuse a situation. staying calm and stating your comments cool and collectively. nice!

PHOG
The Chiefs are 2 games out with 13 to go.....I like their chances.. :harumph:

BigChiefFan

Great post. I couldn't add anything if I wanted to.

The Bad Guy
09-27-2004, 12:17 PM
The Chiefs are 2 games out with 13 to go.....I like their chances.. :harumph:

Have you seen who we play in those 13 games?

Saying you like their chances is spin doctoring at it's best.

ceebz
09-27-2004, 12:18 PM
Well..the way the 4 teams are playing this year in the west...8-8 could win it.

Absolutely. The Chiefs don't play another division foe until Nov. 28th. If the Chiefs can be around .500 at that time, I think they'll have a shot at the division.

PHOG
09-27-2004, 12:19 PM
Have you seen who we play in those 13 games?

Saying you like their chances is spin doctoring at it's best.

Pretty much the same as everyone else in the West?

jspchief
09-27-2004, 12:30 PM
Okay, so let's just pretend that 9-7 gets us in the play-offs. So what? Last year we looked like we had a shot to beat any team in the play-offs and lost in the first round at home. We were good, but not good enough.

Now all of a sudden limping into the play-offs because of the weakness of our division is supposed to be a noble goal? And what do you think the result of our play-off game will be if we had to rely on a weak division to get there in the first place?

ceebz
09-27-2004, 12:34 PM
Okay, so let's just pretend that 9-7 gets us in the play-offs. So what? Last year we looked like we had a shot to beat any team in the play-offs and lost in the first round at home. We were good, but not good enough.

Now all of a sudden limping into the play-offs because of the weakness of our division is supposed to be a noble goal? And what do you think the result of our play-off game will be if we had to rely on a weak division to get there in the first place?

Well, considering that the Chiefs will likely be digging themselves out of a 0-4 hole, 9-3 the rest of the way would hardly be "limping".

dirk digler
09-27-2004, 12:36 PM

Yep. Who cares if we make the playoffs and lose in the first round. That sure does alot of good and then we would all be bitching because CP raised ticket prices again. The SB should be the only goal.

By the way the Chiefs won't make it to the playoffs unless their defense turns into the '97 D and shutout people and the offense gets on a roll, other than that no chance at all.

Rukdafaidas
09-27-2004, 12:39 PM
I also believe the Chiefs have a shot at making the playoffs and if they do, watch out. I think 9-7 (with tiebreakers) will win the division.

jspchief
09-27-2004, 01:10 PM
I also believe the Chiefs have a shot at making the playoffs and if they do, watch out. I think 9-7 (with tiebreakers) will win the division.

ROFLROFLWatch out for what? The worst team in the play-offs? Getting into the play-offs because we're in a weak division won't suddenly morph us into a powerhouse in the post-season. If anything, we do just the opposite.

Rukdafaidas
09-27-2004, 01:13 PM
ROFLROFLWatch out for what? The worst team in the play-offs? Getting into the play-offs because we're in a weak division won't suddenly morph us into a powerhouse in the post-season. If anything, we do just the opposite.
If they make it to 9-7, they will have beat some great teams on the way.......playoff teams.

Baby Lee
09-27-2004, 01:15 PM
Well, considering that the Chiefs will likely be digging themselves out of a 0-4 hole, 9-3 the rest of the way would hardly be "limping".
9-3 the rest of the way would be just as good, record-wise, as we ended last year.

KC Jones
09-27-2004, 01:18 PM

naw - we have next year too. We should have most everybody back next year. Hopefully Roaf doesn't decide to hang it up in the offseason. After next year, given the age of our O-line, RB, QB, etc. I think it will be time to jettison some of the older players and look to rebuild - again. Only problem is I'm not seeing much in the cupboard to rebuild with.

Baby Lee
09-27-2004, 01:24 PM
The reality is we have had receiver problems since Vermeil got here and they were never properly addressed.
Don't be an ass. DV didn't break Wilson's leg. DV didn't take out Boerigter's knee. DV didn't strain Morton's achilles. DV didn't pull Kennison's hamstring.

jspchief
09-27-2004, 01:25 PM
9-3 the rest of the way would be just as good, record-wise, as we ended last year.

It would be asking asking us to go 9-3 in the next fourteen games after going 6-8 in the previous 14.

Hel'n
09-27-2004, 01:42 PM
Just out of curiousity, what exactly have you seen over the last three games that leads you to believe that the Chiefs will make the playoffs?

I just can't see it happening. 9-7 or 10-6 if they get their act together after the bye... Otherwise... :(

Baby Lee
09-27-2004, 01:45 PM
It would be asking asking us to go 9-3 in the next fourteen games after going 6-8 in the previous 14.
I wasn't commenting on the likelihood of it happening. I was commenting on what shape we'd be in at the end of the season if that's where we were.

jspchief
09-27-2004, 01:51 PM
I wasn't commenting on the likelihood of it happening. I was commenting on what shape we'd be in at the end of the season if that's where we were.

OIC

It sounded like "we've done it before..."

chiefsfan1963
09-27-2004, 03:02 PM
Don't be an ass. DV didn't break Wilson's leg. DV didn't take out Boerigter's knee. DV didn't strain Morton's achilles. DV didn't pull Kennison's hamstring.

nice
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Inspector
09-27-2004, 04:16 PM
Yep...

I sat through the 80's.

BUT...

I can go along with this. We knew several of the players back then. My mom was on a bowling team with Dave Hill's wife, I went to school with Ed Budde's kid (who later played pro ball - Brad Budde). I used to tag along with E.J. Holub when he came to the horse boarding stables next to my house. Heck I have many memories of those days............

Anyway, getting back to the here and now, I agree with what you say here oldandslow. (And I can relate to your user name too cause that's the way I feel a lot of the time)

Inspector
09-27-2004, 04:22 PM

Of course not.

Those things are Carl's fault.