PDA

View Full Version : Jamal Lewis Pop Quiz for Chiefs Defense

Straight, No Chaser
09-27-2004, 11:42 AM
There's a lot to beach about after going ofer-3 but up next is pop-quiz time for the defense.
Jamal Lewis found his groove yesterday against Cincy (18 carries for 186 yards). While he shredded our run D last year we still nicked them. There were some vital signs yesterday --Sims, Dalton, Allen, Fujita, Warfield. Gunther will have these guys cramming all week.

The season hangs on Monday's game; come Tuesday we'll know whether it's OK to start X-mas shopping early.

---->

Hammock Parties
09-27-2004, 11:45 AM
Jamal Lewis only had 115 yards against us last year.

cdcox
09-27-2004, 11:46 AM
Shoot him in the leg.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2004, 11:47 AM
I have a better idea. Introduce him to Bam Morris and Tamarick Vanover before the game.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
09-27-2004, 11:52 AM
i agree our season comes down to monday night.
win and we can get some confidence back.
lose and we are looking at a 6 or 7 win season.

Coach
09-27-2004, 11:53 AM
Baltmore in my honest opinion, is a one dimenisonal team. Boller have improved, but they are missing their best receiver, and that is Todd Heap. Their passing game is not going to be much of a factor if we can keep their running game in check. I expect at least 7-8 men in the box to try to contain the run.

Straight, No Chaser
09-27-2004, 11:59 AM
I have a better idea. Introduce him to Bam Morris and Tamarick Vanover before the game.

ROFL Great idea! I'm not positive, but I think Lewis' intellect is on par with those two knuckleheads so that's definately possible.

Isn't B-more the STD captial of the US? Maybe we can see about getting him infected before Monday?
Happen to know any hookers, with a STD, willing to travel?

----->

Mile High Mania
09-27-2004, 11:59 AM
At Baltimore ... this game could get really ugly.

Both teams are similar in that there is no proven wide receiver for either team. Green and Gonzo are better than anything Baltimore has, and Lewis and Holmes are on top of their games.

The Ravens still have a tight defense and other than Gonzo, there's nothing stopping them from crowding the line to stop Holmes.

I'm not sure that I would touch this game if I were a gambling sort...

blsilks
09-27-2004, 12:03 PM
Shoot, our defense couldn't defend against the pass if they had 100 dollar bills hanging out of their zippers. Don't be suprised if Kyle Boller looks like Peton Manning out there.

Additional Note: If we can put presure on Boller though he might be forced to make some mistakes thus making our secondary look like probowlers.

Straight, No Chaser
09-27-2004, 12:16 PM
At Baltimore ... this game could get really ugly.

Both teams are similar in that there is no proven wide receiver for either team. Green and Gonzo are better than anything Baltimore has, and Lewis and Holmes are on top of their games.

The Ravens still have a tight defense and other than Gonzo, there's nothing stopping them from crowding the line to stop Holmes.

Nice assessment (for a Bronco fan).
Hall can be used a bit more and so can Horn. In fact, Horn could be the possession receiver we need. I'm more worried about Green getting beheaded in the pocket than those little guys running patterns into Ray-Land.

Saunders can't continue his brainfarting on critical downs. I'm optimistic our short passing game can improve and maybe we get a long throw for a TD. This game, like you said, will be ugly. I don't know what the over/under is but it be should be tiny.

---->