PDA

View Full Version : Okay so called "experts" what were your predictions at the beginning of the season?

chiefsfan1963
09-27-2004, 12:12 PM
You guys that second guess DV and CP. Are full of yourselves!!!!!!!

Where were you guys at when it came to making predictions this season?

Now you come out of the woodwork claiming that DV and CP should of done this and that. Why did you not predict then what you know now to be true that the Chiefs were not going to make the playoffs, that they will be 6-10 at best etc......?

piss on you all!!!!!!! You are all full of it. You know who you are!!!!!!!

:shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

chiefsfan1963
09-27-2004, 12:18 PM
you can run but you can't hide! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2004, 12:20 PM
I predicted 11-5 as the season began; it could slip to 10-6....but in a division where 9-7 could mean a trip to the playoffs, I'm not counting us out. Go Chiefs! :thumb:

Brock
09-27-2004, 12:20 PM
Actually, there were several people complaining about the lack of activity in the personnel department. I wasn't one of them, but it should be pretty obvious they were right.

the Talking Can
09-27-2004, 12:22 PM
I don't have a pee fetish....and you're a bigger dumbass than I thought even 3 minutes ago...

chiefsfan1963
09-27-2004, 12:24 PM
Actually, there were several people complaining about the lack of activity in the personnel department. I wasn't one of them, but it should be pretty obvious they were right.

i would bet a lot of the people complaining about the glaring lack of planning during the offseason right now did not predict that we were not going to the playoffs or that we would be 6-10 at best.

i would love to see their predictions then comparing them to their empty lame crap criticisms now.

KC Kings
09-27-2004, 12:46 PM
i would bet a lot of the people complaining about the glaring lack of planning during the offseason right now did not predict that we were not going to the playoffs or that we would be 6-10 at best.

i would love to see their predictions then comparing them to their empty lame crap criticisms now.

First of all, I am on the record complaining about linebackers and CB. I wasn't worried about WR because we didn't have any last year and did ok.

Secondly, I would never bash Lamar. Lamar loves the Chiefs. Lamar is the Chiefs. Vermeil and Carl Peterson are not here because they love the Cheifs. This is a business, and they are here to make money and make a name for themselves. When they are done with the Chiefs, they won't give 2 shits whether they win or lose.

I am a Chiefs fan. This is MY team. I pay the bills through merchandise and ticket purchases. I will care what their record is in 2014, and cared what the record was in 1994. It is my job to second guess every personel move. It is my job to judge every play called by Vermiel/Gunther/Saunders. It is my job to nitpick and find ways to improve when we go 13-3. It is my job to show up at signings/Red Friday and let the players know I am behind them. The better I do my job, the better it is going to feel when we finally win the big one.

I know where you are coming from with all the negative comments on here and in the media, but if you are a passionate fan you are going to find the same things to say even when we are winning. The only difference is that right now we don't have any positives to dwell on.

Hopefully CP will listen to my words, and get a WR in here. Hopefully Vermeil will start being a coach, and never again decide before the game to go for it on 4th and short because of media pressure. You never go for it when the score is 7-3 or 10-7. Hopefully myself, the other fans, and entire Chiefs organization can work together, get this team back on track, finish up 9-7 with a play-off run.

chiefsfan1963
09-27-2004, 12:50 PM
First of all, I am on the record complaining about linebackers and CB. I wasn't worried about WR because we didn't have any last year and did ok.

Secondly, I would never bash Lamar. Lamar loves the Chiefs. Lamar is the Chiefs. Vermeil and Carl Peterson are not here because they love the Chiefs. This is a business, and they are here to make money and make a name for themselves. When they are done with the Chiefs, they won't give 2 shits whether they win or lose.

I am a Chiefs fan. This is MY team. I pay the bills through merchandise and ticket purchases. I will care what their record is in 2014, and cared what the record was in 1994. It is my job to second guess every personel move. It is my job to judge every play called by Vermiel/Gunther/Saunders. It is my job to nitpick and find ways to improve when we go 13-3. It is my job to show up at signings/Red Friday and let the players know I am behind them. The better I do my job, the better it is going to feel when we finally win the big one.

I know where you are coming from with all the negative comments on here and in the media, but if you are a passionate fan you are going to find the same things to say even when we are winning. The only difference is that right now we don't have any positives to dwell on.

Hopefully CP will listen to my words, and get a WR in here. Hopefully Vermeil will start being a coach, and never again decide before the game to go for it on 4th and short because of media pressure. You never go for it when the score is 7-3 or 10-7. Hopefully myself, the other fans, and entire Chiefs organization can work together, get this team back on track, finish up 9-7 with a play-off run.

so what was your prediction at the beginning of the season?

Baby Lee
09-27-2004, 12:55 PM
I'm not in with the crowd knocking the admin for not picking up more supastahs.
The D is coming along much as I anticipated, in some ways better.
I'm bummed with the full force of the realization that losing Boe and Kris Wilson, then losing Kennison this last week, was just as devestating as I thought it would be.
And I certainly didn't anticipate Trent making that throw :cuss: . And I certainly didn't anticipate some of our play calling decisions.

ceebz
09-27-2004, 01:02 PM
I predicted the Chiefs would be 10-6, and 3-0 right now.
I had Baltimore as the first loss.

The defense is coming around at right about the pace I expected, I figured they would really make strides after the bye week.

chiefsfan1963
09-27-2004, 01:07 PM
I predicted the Chiefs would be 10-6, and 3-0 right now.
I had Baltimore as the first loss.

The defense is coming around at right about the pace I expected, I figured they would really make strides after the bye week.

sounds like back then you would not have predicted that our O would be playing at the level they have.

KC Kings
09-27-2004, 01:12 PM
so what was your prediction at the beginning of the season?
I was back and forth between 11-5 and 10-6. Even if we were 2-1 right now, (I predicted and still predict that we will split with Denver), I would be at 10-6. I did not comprehend the power of the Jacksonville defense.

KC Jones
09-27-2004, 01:30 PM
10-6 after starting 1-3.

I figured we'd win this one and then lose in Baltimore, but if we pick up a win in Baltimore I'll be right back on schedule. OTOH - that was my prediction before seeing Boe go down and Kennison get hurt. We have no deep threat now and I haven't seen enough out of the offense or the coaches to give me that much hope.

ceebz
09-27-2004, 01:33 PM
sounds like back then you would not have predicted that our O would be playing at the level they have.

Absolutely not. Houston is ranked 27th in points allowed, giving up ~25 points a game. The Chiefs could only score 21. And people want to blame the defense for yesterday's loss..... http://justinmg.home.comcast.net/forums/gsindifferent.gif

chiefsfan1963
09-27-2004, 02:22 PM
as I thought. no one wants to step up and be counted!

keep talking. those that are critical now did not point out their insightful views back when they were making their predictions at the beginning of the season. all were picking the chiefs to win at least 10 games this year. no one that is critical now of DV and CP and his staff did not back up their statements then with the prediction that Chiefs would not make the playoffs and would tank this season. no one back then thought our weaknesses and the decisions that were made during the offseason would ultimately result in the chiefs demise this season.

unless I'm corrected all thought the chiefs at minimum would make the playoffs, and are just as surprised that the chiefs find themselves 0-3 right now.

your words now ring hollow to those that know the truth! :harumph:

Iowanian
09-27-2004, 02:23 PM
Do you ever actually read any posts.....

You sound like a festering old Gummer with a coffee can sized twat.

Preseason..........I predicted 10-6.
You could find posts where I expressed interest in 1. Antwoine Winfield. 2. Bobby Taylor 3. Troy Vincent 4. Grant Winstrom, WR help, concern at RT(but liked the Welbourne Trade). I was pissed that Nate Kaeding was not taken with the Kris Wilson Pick.

jspchief
09-27-2004, 02:30 PM
as I thought. no one wants to step up and be counted!

keep talking. those that are critical now did not point out their insightful views back when they were making their predictions at the beginning of the season. all were picking the chiefs to win at least 10 games this year. no one that is critical now of DV and CP and his staff did not back up their statements then with the prediction that Chiefs would not make the playoffs and would tank this season. no one back then thought our weaknesses and the decisions that were made during the offseason would ultimately result in the chiefs demise this season.

unless I'm corrected all thought the chiefs at minimum would make the playoffs, and are just as surprised that the chiefs find themselves 0-3 right now.

your words now ring hollow to those that know the truth! :harumph:WTF is your point? That the people that are down on the team now were optimistic before the season? Thank you Captain Obvious.

That's like saying you were optimistic you would make it to the bathroom in time, so now you can't be pissed that you shit your pants.:shake:

the Talking Can
09-27-2004, 02:33 PM
WTF is your point? That the people that are down on the team now were optimistic before the season? Thank you Captain Obvious.

That's like saying you were optimistic you would make it to the bathroom in time, so now you can't be pissed that you shit your pants.:shake:

ROFL

MOhillbilly
09-27-2004, 02:39 PM
0-16 ****tard look it up.

Baby Lee
09-27-2004, 02:42 PM
WTF is your point? That the people that are down on the team now were optimistic before the season? Thank you Captain Obvious.

That might be the funniest thing I've seen posted in some time.

Iowanian
09-27-2004, 02:49 PM
I see your lips biatching, but I don't see them accounting for the preseason opinions you're holding others to........serve it up.

don't look at your shoe now, but it looks like you've stepped in a HUGE pile of dumbshit.

chiefsfan1963
09-27-2004, 02:52 PM

the point is simple no one thought that the decisions made or not made during the offseason would seriously effect this team to the point that we would not make the playoffs or the SB. now that we are 0-3 everyone has this "i knew this would happen" mentality. if you knew it back then why did you say we would be in the playoffs and most likely the SB despite these decisions and weaknesses?

that the ****king point!!!!! :cuss:

Baby Lee
09-27-2004, 03:00 PM
the point is simple no one thought that the decisions made or not made during the offseason would seriously effect this team to the point that we would not make the playoffs or the SB. now that we are 0-3 everyone has this "i knew this would happen" mentality. if you knew it back then why did you say we would be in the playoffs and most likely the SB despite these decisions and weaknesses?

that the ****king point!!!!! :cuss:
FTR;
1) I STILL don't think that moves not made during the offseason is the cause of 0-3.
2) I've never said "I knew this would happen"
3) I was disappointed as hell to lose Boe, Wilson, and Kennison.
4) I was surprised as hell to see Trent, DV and AS lose their brains re: offensive playcalling and execution.
4) The officiating yesterday was the icing on the fvcking cake.

chiefsfan1963
09-27-2004, 03:10 PM
FTR;
1) I STILL don't think that moves not made during the offseason is the cause of 0-3.
2) I've never said "I knew this would happen"
3) I was disappointed as hell to lose Boe, Wilson, and Kennison.
4) I was surprised as hell to see Trent, DV and AS lose their brains re: offensive playcalling and execution.
4) The officiating yesterday was the icing on the fvcking cake.

i hear you. i have no idea what you did or did not say. all my point is those that are critical of the decisions of DV, CP, and company now are a bit disingenous b/c most if not all predicted the chiefs would go to the playoffs and a lot predicted the SB despite these offseason decisons.

Iowanian
09-27-2004, 03:33 PM
I absolutely expected the Chiefs to be a playoff caliber team.

I absolutely knew, last season, particularly after watching the scorching by INDY in the playoffs, that the defense needed some help to go any further than last year.

If the Team doesn't qualify for the playoffs this season, its time to gut things from the top and work down.

MOhillbilly
09-27-2004, 03:44 PM
i hear you. i have no idea what you did or did not say.

WELL NOSHIT?

htismaqe
09-27-2004, 04:28 PM
There were several people here that said they expected this. I was not one of them. But they are here.

As for you, I believe you told us all last year that this team was a year away from being a legit Super Bowl contender. How is that turning out? Are the Chiefs going to be the FIRST TEAM EVER to win the Super Bowl after starting 0-3, or are you just here to fling shit?

|Zach|
09-27-2004, 04:29 PM
There were several people here that said they expected this. I was not one of them. But they are here.

As for you, I believe you told us all last year that this team was a year away from being a legit Super Bowl contender. How is that turning out? Are the Chiefs going to be the FIRST TEAM EVER to win the Super Bowl after starting 0-3, or are you just here to fling shit?
Bingo.

2bikemike
09-27-2004, 04:57 PM
I am pretty sure we could find that thread of predictions.

chiefsfan1963
09-27-2004, 05:19 PM

I know you were not one of them. let me know when you find the ones that did. you might want to check the grassy knoll.

Chiefs would have been legit SB contender if not for the injuries to their receiving corp. it's too bad. many were picking KC to go all the way. i had many who agreed with me on and off this board. i still have hope, but few are left in my camp. if that makes you feel all warm inside so be it. you are such a ***king ass*ole!!!!

TEX
09-27-2004, 06:05 PM
I had the CHIEFS going 10-6. I had them losing in the first round of the playoffs as I felt that standing pat was a huge mastake. That can still happen... :hmmm:

I picked Indy and Seattle to be in the Super Bowl.

HolmeZz
09-27-2004, 06:23 PM
I thought we'd do 11-5 and win the division. This was before the injuries to our receiving corps, but no excuses. Injuries happen.

R&GHomer
09-27-2004, 06:30 PM
I thought we'd do 11-5 and win the division. This was before the injuries to our receiving corps, but no excuses. Injuries happen.

What you said.

Taco John
09-27-2004, 06:49 PM
You guys that second guess DV and CP. Are full of yourselves!!!!!!!

Where were you guys at when it came to making predictions this season?

Now you come out of the woodwork claiming that DV and CP should of done this and that. Why did you not predict then what you know now to be true that the Chiefs were not going to make the playoffs, that they will be 6-10 at best etc......?

piss on you all!!!!!!! You are all full of it. You know who you are!!!!!!!

:shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Maybe it's just me... But calling people on the carpet works best when you actually name names and quote quotes instead of hoping someone steps forward and do your homework for you.

If you're going to call out bad fans, the least you could do is CALL SOMEONE OUT.

2bikemike
09-27-2004, 06:58 PM
Maybe it's just me... But calling people on the carpet works best when you actually name names and quote quotes instead of hoping someone steps forward and do your homework for you.

If you're going to call out bad fans, the least you could do is CALL SOMEONE OUT.

And Taco knows. He has been called out for all kinds of bonehead comments.

TEX
09-27-2004, 07:48 PM

I agree. I have a whole folder of your best material. The deal is I probably won't get to use it this season... :banghead:

KHinz57
09-27-2004, 08:41 PM
Eh, he's just trying to fuffle some feathers. I completely ingnored his words and still believe in my team. I'm still hanging onto the hope that both Al Saunders and Dick Vermiel will finally get it, because if they don't, then we won't win.