PDA

View Full Version : Trading Johnson? Reporting As I Read It...

kczoo
09-27-2004, 02:55 PM
| Trying to Trade Johnson to Dolphins? - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 09:01:55 -0700

The Miami Herald reports the Kansas City Chiefs called the Miami Dolphins to gauge their interest in Chiefs backup RB Larry Johnson. After another dismal running game in Week 3 by the Dolphins and an injury to RB Lamar Gordon (shoulder), the Dolphins' interest in a potential deal may have gone up. Johnson, a former first-round draft choice by Kansas City, appears to have fallen out of favor with the Chiefs. It is not clear what the Chiefs are asking for Johnson, but they are in need of a defensive back.

dirk digler
09-27-2004, 02:56 PM
You need to read the other 1000 threads about this already.

tyton75
09-27-2004, 02:56 PM
we need a Linebacker or a Reciever more than a DB IMO

kczoo
09-27-2004, 02:58 PM
Sorry azz wipe, I had to work today and didnt hve time to search the past posts......

dirk digler
09-27-2004, 03:01 PM
Sorry azz wipe, I had to work today and didnt hve time to search the past posts......

You don't have to look far there is a huge thread right underneath this one.

Here you go. I am just trying to help.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=99833

Wrasse
09-27-2004, 03:39 PM
Lighten up, Francis.

BigRedChief
09-27-2004, 03:42 PM
yeah lighten up dude. I've already called someone a moron this am. Thats enough venting for one day.

Thig Lyfe
09-27-2004, 04:06 PM
If you need to vent, just call me a moron. Apparently it's very refreshing.

BTW the Dolphins have nothing really to offer at WR and we don't really need a DB, so I don't know who the Chiefs are looking to get.

Eleazar
09-27-2004, 04:12 PM
There are 200 threads about it on the front page, you didn't have to do anything but scroll down.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-27-2004, 04:24 PM
we need a Linebacker or a Reciever more than a DB IMO
agreed. I'll take Seau.

Alphaman
09-27-2004, 05:04 PM
If you need to vent, just call me a moron. Apparently it's very refreshing.

BTW the Dolphins have nothing really to offer at WR and we don't really need a DB, so I don't know who the Chiefs are looking to get.

The Dolphins wouldn't do it, but I'd take Chris Chambers in a heart beat.

Thig Lyfe
09-27-2004, 05:06 PM
The Dolphins wouldn't do it, but I'd take Chris Chambers in a heart beat.

Hell yeah, I would too.

But seeing as he's the Dolphin's only weapon, I doubt it. Only if they're really desparate for a RB and think David Boston is coming back next year.

KC Jones
09-27-2004, 05:16 PM
I heard it was going to be a four way trade. We were going to send 1 Larry Johnson leg to Miami for Junior Seau, another to TB for McCardell, and the rest of him to Green Bay for McKenzie.

TEX
09-27-2004, 05:17 PM
I heard it was going to be a four way trade. We were going to send 1 Larry Johnson leg to Miami for Junior Seau, another to TB for McCardell, and the rest of him to Green Bay for McKenzie.

ROFL

Thig Lyfe
09-27-2004, 05:20 PM

Actually, we could just trade LJ's shoulder seeing as Lamar Gordon injured his.

TEX
09-27-2004, 05:21 PM
agreed. I'll take Seau.

Why trade a young RB for a very old LB? No upside. I could see it if the CHIEFS were really only 1 player away, but we need a DE, CB, MLB, and WR. Had we upgraded talent this offseason maybe as Seau would be another piece to get us to where we wanted to go, but hwe stood pat (Fell Behind) so I son't support a damage-control trade like this. We need to just take our lumps and LEARN and not make the same mistake next off season IMO.