PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Cardinals and Chiefs to swap Johnsons?

jAZ
09-27-2004, 03:58 PM
:D

Pure speculation but I thought it was kinda funny and it makes some sense... and something I hadn't heard mentioned.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=109426

"I've been thinking the Cardinals and Chiefs ought to just trade Johnsons. Both were 1st round picks last year, both teams are going nowhere this year, Bryant Johnson (not needed in '05 with Boldin and Fitzgerald around) would add new blood to the woeful Chiefs' WR corps and Larry Johnson could succeed E Smith."

shaneo69
09-27-2004, 04:00 PM
Not a bad idea, but Bryant Johnson is hurt right now, and I think Denny Green wants to use him as a big part of their base 3 WR offense.

Sydd
09-27-2004, 04:01 PM
You need to be careful when throwing around terms like "Trading Johnsons".

Donger
09-27-2004, 04:01 PM
Cardinals and Chiefs to swap Johnsons?

Heh.

shaneo69
09-27-2004, 04:02 PM
BTW, how big of a Johnson are you feller's packin?

jAZ
09-27-2004, 04:03 PM
You need to be careful when throwing around terms like "Trading Johnsons".
:hump:

then swap

:hump:

??

Ultra Peanut
09-27-2004, 04:06 PM
I wonder if Bryant "doesn't f*cking play for Penn State anymore."

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2004, 04:07 PM
It'd make a lot more sense than Arturo sucks Freeman and an '06 3rd. A hell of a lot more sense.

Eleazar
09-27-2004, 04:07 PM
sigh.

Why must people post threads with titles like there is something to the idea other than a couple of assclowns on an internet message board mentioning the idea.

But in that case, I'm going to start a thread now that we're going to trade Larry Johnson and Carl Peterson's foreskin to Baltimore for their entire defense and the Sweedish Bikini Team.

jAZ
09-27-2004, 04:11 PM
Why must people post threads with titles like there is something to the idea other than a couple of assclowns on an internet message board mentioning the idea.
Good point.

I've edited the thread title to hopefully eliminate that complaint. Let me know if you would prefer "Assclown's Idea:" instead.

:D

Eleazar
09-27-2004, 04:16 PM
I would prefer "jAZ is a pinko loser" but I will accept "Should we trade LJ for BJ" :D

(the placement is down, someone come and knock that one through).

jAZ
09-27-2004, 04:32 PM
I would prefer "jAZ is a pinko loser" but I will accept "Should we trade LJ for BJ" :D

(the placement is down, someone come and knock that one through).
It wouldn't modify the threat title on the main forum, but...

"Should we trade one LJ for a BJ or just swap Johnsons w/ the Cards?"

Ultra Peanut
09-27-2004, 05:02 PM
It'd make a lot more sense than Arturo sucks Freeman and an '06 3rd. A hell of a lot more sense.Agreed. That would have been an utterly retarded move for the Chiefs, even taking CeePee into account. A mid-round pick two years from now isn't worth squat, and another safety?!

This would actually be a pretty decent deal for both sides, IMHO. Gives the Cards a promising young RB who could contribute immediately, something they desperately need with Shipp out for the year, and gives the Chiefs a promising young WR who could contribute immediately, something they desperately need.

How many yards did Emmitt have Sunday? Ten?

jcroft
09-27-2004, 05:03 PM
As long as we're dreaming, let's just trade Johnsons with Houston, instead.

SECTION11
09-27-2004, 05:42 PM
Bryant Johnson looked pretty good on Sunday. He's coming off of a stress fracture in his foot, but he's getting back up to speed.

There's no way I trade for LJ unless it's a conditional pick. I definately wouldn't do anything on the first day. Not a huge knock on him, I just don't think he's the kind of guy Green's looking for.

Right now our offense is missing one piece, a running back, and I'd rather fill that in '05. There's a good class coming out (I want Cedric Benson) and there's an even better FA class.

Green likes Shaun Alexander a lot, and take a gander at Seattle's free agents coming up...

Matt Hasselbeck, QB - starter
Shaun Alexander, RB - starter
Walter Jones, LT - starter
Robie Tobek, C - starter
Chris Gray, RG - starter
Orlando Huff, MLB - starter
Chike Okeafor, DE - starter
Ken Lucas, CB - starter
Floyd Womack, OL - their top OL backup
Alex Bannister, WR - Backup
Itula Mili, TE - Backup

Ultra Peanut
09-27-2004, 05:50 PM
There's no way I trade for LJ unless it's a conditional pick. I definately wouldn't do anything on the first day. Not a huge knock on him, I just don't think he's the kind of guy Green's looking for.That's the thing, you gay rodeo cowboy. ;)

I think we'd really have to showcase LJ a bit more (and he'd have to do a good job) to get much value out of him in a trade. I'd give up LJ for BJ, but the Cards probably wouldn't do the inverse at this point.

Good point about the FAs, too. I don't understand why Seattle apparently values Alexander so relatively little, but if he hits the market, there will be a long list of teams bidding for his services (Cards included, I'd imagine).

Skip Towne
09-27-2004, 05:54 PM
Whew! I thought we were going to trade for Arizona's Brian Johnson.

Inspector
09-27-2004, 07:52 PM
There are several things I would trade for a BJ.

KHinz57
09-27-2004, 08:32 PM
Pretty damn good idea. Now how about we also trade Woods, Rashaun for Jerome, and then Brett Williams for Roy Williams!

Ultra Peanut
09-27-2004, 08:34 PM
Pretty damn good idea. Now how about we also trade Woods, Rashaun for Jerome, and then Brett Williams for Roy Williams!Heh... Bryant Johnson, Rashaun Woods, and Roy Williams... surely one of them would HAVE to pan out. ROFL

Deberg_1990
09-27-2004, 09:09 PM
T

I don't understand why Seattle apparently values Alexander so relatively little, but if he hits the market, there will be a long list of teams bidding for his services (Cards included, I'd imagine).

I think hes Inconsistant......He has one big game, then the next week he will disappear.....

Gary
09-27-2004, 09:45 PM
BTW, how big of a Johnson are you feller's packin?

6' 1" & 228 lbs. worth of Johnson!

Ultra Peanut
09-27-2004, 10:31 PM
I think hes Inconsistant......He has one big game, then the next week he will disappear.....Shut the hell up you ignorant ignoramus. He is one of the best, most consistently productive backs in the history of the NFL.

P.S. I am his agent.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2004, 10:47 PM
While we are at it, let's trade Chris Horn for Joe Horn.

Ultra Peanut
09-27-2004, 11:08 PM
Good call.

We should also trade Damon Huard for Brock Huard. Err... just cut Damon and sign Brock. And then we can cut him, sign Tyreo Harrison, and trade him for Marvin Harrison.

A receiving corps of Marvin Harrison, Joe Horn, Rashaun Woods, Bryant Johnson, Roy Williams, and John Booth would be serviceable.