PDA

View Full Version : Stuart Scott: 0-7!!!!

Thig Lyfe
09-27-2004, 05:47 PM
Stu says that the Chiefs will probably go 0-7 to start the year. The entire DC crowd agreed.

Thig Lyfe
09-27-2004, 05:47 PM
BTW I hate Stuart Scott. Just to clear that up.

tommykat
09-27-2004, 05:48 PM
Just watched that....:rolleyes: whatever, I still believe in the CHIEFS!

Hammock Parties
09-27-2004, 05:49 PM
Stuart Scott is just a hater. The Ravens have Jamal Lewis on offense and that's IT. We will hold them to 10-14 points and the O will manufacture 17-21.

HolmeZz
09-27-2004, 05:50 PM
As bad as we are at receiver, the Ravens are actually worse.

If we focus everything on stopping Jamal, even our defense can shut down Baltimore.

tommykat
09-27-2004, 05:50 PM
Stuart Scott is just a hater. The Ravens have Jamal Lewis on offense and that's IT. We will hold them to 10-14 points and the O will manufacture 17-21.

Now that is what I like to see/read! :thumb:

Miles
09-27-2004, 05:51 PM

Thats the kind of game im hoping for and could very well happen so long as Jamal Lewis doesnt run for 200+yds.

R&GHomer
09-27-2004, 05:55 PM
They sure ripped us a new one. Unf, I could see it. Not that I expect it, but I could see it.

ChiefsFanatic
09-27-2004, 05:56 PM

Yeah, the same way our D held the Texans to 17 (and if we had scored a TD instead of throwing the int TD, they might not have scored the last 3 points) and our O outscored them.

Baltimore is not as bad as we are at receiver. I have watched 2 of their games, and they have some tall, athletic, fast receivers (even though I don't know their names). Their problem is at QB.

I have cheered the Chiefs since I was 6, and now I am 33. I hate to say it, but Baltimore is going to kill us. If we win I will be happy, and I would gladly eat crow, but I just don't see how we can score, or stop Lewis.

HolmeZz
09-27-2004, 06:00 PM
Randy Hymes isn't better than anyone we'd send out there.

If we have any problems with their wideouts, we've got major problems. Much worse than I could imagine.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2004, 06:01 PM
Baltimore is not as bad as we are at receiver. I have watched 2 of their games, and they have some tall, athletic, fast receivers (even though I don't know their names). Their problem is at QB.

Bullshit. Their best receiver is Kevin Johnson. Outside that they have Randy Hymes. Who is Randy Hymes?

Travis Taylor is hurt. We easily have better receivers with Morton and Kennison. Without Kennison I'd say its a push.

And yes, they do have QB problems as well, and Todd Heap is out. :)

CosmicPal
09-27-2004, 06:03 PM
If we focus everything on stopping Jamal, even our defense can shut down Baltimore.

Yeah right.... :rolleyes:

We could put 11 more guys out there and still not stop him.

Marvin Lewis did the same thing- they boxed everyone in to stop Jamal, but it didn't work. If Cincy couldn't do it, you really think we could?

Hammock Parties
09-27-2004, 06:05 PM

Marvin Lewis did the same thing- they boxed everyone in to stop Jamal, but it didn't work. If Cincy couldn't do it, you really think we could?

We held Jamal Lewis to 115 yards last year. And he had like 30 in the first half.

We did it without Lional Dalton, too.

ChiefFripp
09-27-2004, 06:05 PM
The Ravens are gonna hang somethin on our azzes! Sorry, i love The Chiefs and will support them forever, but this isn't the season.

gblowfish
09-27-2004, 06:06 PM
Boo Yah!!

CosmicPal
09-27-2004, 06:09 PM
We held Jamal Lewis to 115 yards last year. And he had like 30 in the first half.

We held everyone to like 30 yds in the first half- even Clitoris- his 5 TDs weren't until the second half of that game....

115 yds is not exactly "holding" someone....You might say we held someone to 15 yds, but anything over 100 yds is not "holding" someone- that's called "giving up" 115 yds.

HolmeZz
09-27-2004, 06:10 PM

Cincy, who has a worse secondary than we do, got their assed killed in the air, and that helped open up the running game for Baltimore.

I think Jamal's the worst back for our defense to possibly face. He's got speed and he's one of the toughest backs in the league to tackle. But Baltimore made Cincy play honest by throwing deep a few times and that led to Lewis' success. Jamal didn't do crap the first two games on the year.

If McCleon and Warfield can shut down Hymes and Taylor or whoever the hell the Ravens try and send out there(which Dex and Eric should), the game's winnable.

Some people tend to forget that we won in Baltimore last year with virtually the same team. Granted we're not playing nearly as well as we did last year, it's still the same talent on the field.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2004, 06:13 PM
We held everyone to like 30 yds in the first half- even Clitoris- his 5 TDs weren't until the second half of that game....

115 yds is not exactly "holding" someone....You might say we held someone to 15 yds, but anything over 100 yds is not "holding" someone- that's called "giving up" 115 yds.

115 yards is damn good considering we were regularly getting gashed for 150+ as the season wore on. And like I said, NO TODD HEAP which will make things even easier for our linebackers.

The Chiefs won in Baltimore last year because of their defense. I'm expecting the same next Monday Night.

HolmeZz
09-27-2004, 06:15 PM
I really can't get pumped for the game, which sucks. I mean, I love getting to watch us play, but at this moment in time, it's not for much. Anyone else feel that way? Maybe because it's only Monday.

tommykat
09-27-2004, 06:19 PM
I really can't get pumped for the game, which sucks. I mean, I love getting to watch us play, but at this moment in time, it's not for much. Anyone else feel that way?

:shake: The way the Chiefs have started is killing me also, BUT I always and will believe they will come out of it this year!!!

ChiefsFanatic
09-27-2004, 06:21 PM

We did it without Lional Dalton, too.

I don't want to be an ass, but thinking Dalton will help stop Lewis is stupid.

And I can't believe anyone thinks the Cincy defensive backfield is worse than ours. I bet we see Hymes catch a long one. I watched him some against Cincy and he is big, fast, and can run in the open field.

If we could not stop Griffin or Foster, we will not stop Lewis, unless he is injured.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2004, 06:24 PM
I don't want to be an ass, but thinking Dalton will help stop Lewis is stupid.

And I can't believe anyone thinks the Cincy defensive backfield is worse than ours. I bet we see Hymes catch a long one. I watched him some against Cincy and he is big, fast, and can run in the open field.

If we could not stop Griffin or Foster, we will not stop Lewis, unless he is injured.

We did a pretty good job on Foster until the long run.

Did you fail to notice our run defense against the Texans? Who have a 1,300 yard back in Dominack Davis? Who was held to 12 yards on 10 carries?

Dalton has been a HUGE factor in our run defense, which HAS shown signs of improvement despite what some of you might think.

You're missing the fact that the Ravens have almost zero threat in the passing game which makes it even easier to defend the run.

We won't shut down Jamal Lewis. That's not what I'm saying. But he won't gash us for 150.

whoman69
09-27-2004, 06:26 PM
I personally believe that if we lose to Baltimore this week, this thing could landslide into a horrible season. The buck stops here. If these guys have any pride, they will stop this thing right now. If the moaning is bad now, watch it snowball over a bye week.

HolmeZz
09-27-2004, 06:27 PM
Tory James, Keiwan Ratliff, Madeiu Williams, and Kim Herring are better than McCleon, Warfield, Wesley, and Woods? :D

CosmicPal
09-27-2004, 06:30 PM

No kidding.

Our D can't stop an old lady using a walker from crossing the street. J.L. will be enjoying a field day....

Hammock Parties
09-27-2004, 06:32 PM
No kidding.

Our D can't stop an old lady using a walker from crossing the street. J.L. will be enjoying a field day....

Jesus Christ, how did we hold the Texans running backs to 50 yards?

CosmicPal
09-27-2004, 06:34 PM
Jesus Christ, how did we hold the Texans running backs to 50 yards?

They didn't have any?

HolmeZz
09-27-2004, 06:34 PM
You guys need to start giving credit where it's due. Our D did hold a very good young running back in Domanick Davis to 12 yards on 10 carries.

And if Trent hadn't thrown the pick and we had gone up 21-6 I bet the talk today would be about how great our defense looked instead of it getting overlooked.

Thig Lyfe
09-27-2004, 06:42 PM
Randy Hymes... I think I learned about him in Anatomy class once.

tk13
09-27-2004, 06:44 PM
They didn't have any?
Well in all fairness Domanick Davis was a 1000 yard back last season and he only started 10 games... I personally was very worried he was going to gash us. I would've never believed that we could hold him to 10 carries-12 yds.

alanm
09-27-2004, 06:47 PM
Stu says that the Chiefs will probably go 0-7 to start the year. The entire DC crowd agreed.Look at the bright side. If we start out 0-7 we'll be inline for a possible Top 10 pick in the draft. Which we better damn well spend on a MLB or WR. In fact most of our picks better be on defense.:thumb:

KcMizzou
09-27-2004, 06:47 PM
You guys need to start giving credit where it's due. Our D did hold a very good young running back in Domanick Davis to 12 yards on 10 carries.

And if Trent hadn't thrown the pick and we had gone up 21-6 I bet the talk today would be about how great our defense looked instead of it getting overlooked. I agree. We were in total control of the game, and appreared to be on the verge of blowing them out. That play just killed us. Took all the wind out of our sales and got them all pumped up...

As for the D.. I thought they played great. The only time I was really upset with them was the long pass play on the Texan's final drive. But we shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place...

Hammock Parties
09-27-2004, 06:50 PM
The Texans have a very good running game. As I stated, Davis had 1300 yards last year.

C-Mac
09-27-2004, 07:00 PM
Just something to chew on. Gun knows the Ravens very well from being with the Chiefs\Titans and has coached very well against the Ravens.

WilliamTheIrish
09-27-2004, 07:01 PM
Stu says that the Chiefs will probably go 0-7 to start the year. The entire DC crowd agreed.

"Stu" needs to STFU before I shoot a BB into the only eye he has left.

Big Chief Homer
09-27-2004, 07:02 PM
who the hell cares what that googley eyed freak Stuart Scott says....... 0-7 my ass.how the hell can he pridict that? thats about as stupid as me saying im gonna pick the lottery next week.that game yesterday was in the bag until trent threw that int.then what would he have said? Oh man i told you that Kc wasnt out yet BOOYA!

what an ass....after they win I want to hear ol lazy eye say he was wrong.

As long as they keep working on actually tackling and keep mccleon off the field they will be allright.

irishjayhawk
09-27-2004, 07:03 PM
As bad as we are at receiver, the Ravens are actually worse.

Watch out though...

I can see a ....should i say it......

BOOTLEG opportunity if we focus on the run.

PastorMikH
09-27-2004, 07:05 PM
To be honest, 0-7 wouldn't suprise me right now either. This team lacks confidence big time. If they pull out a win in Baltimore (which I am doubting right now) then a bye week, they could turn around and go 7-3 too.

That's what is so agravating to me, we have the fire power to score big, the D is coming around and is starting to at least be able to stop teams from time to time. Yet we are turning into a HUGE disapointment right now because the players and coaches can't get their act together.

HolmeZz
09-27-2004, 07:10 PM
I agree. We were in total control of the game, and appreared to be on the verge of blowing them out. That play just killed us. Took all the wind out of our sales and got them all pumped up...

Really. We were in friggin' cruise control at the time. We had them put away.

TEX
09-27-2004, 07:24 PM
Much like the '02 Bears...

tommykat
09-27-2004, 07:30 PM
Really. We were in friggin' cruise control at the time. We had them put away.

Cruise is better than in reverse! ;) Just hope they can pull it out Monday night! I would be more than a happy camper!!!:thumb:

Inspector
09-27-2004, 07:45 PM
I personally believe that if we lose to Baltimore this week, this thing could landslide into a horrible season. The buck stops here. If these guys have any pride, they will stop this thing right now. If the moaning is bad now, watch it snowball over a bye week.

Seems like I heard this same thing last week.

SnapDogg
09-27-2004, 08:01 PM
Stu is T-O-E-M-A-Y-T-O-E, one eye or not!
Those stupid MF'erz (DC crowd) didn't even hear what was said they were just crawlin over each other gettin TV time!
It doesn't look good for the D vs. Jamal.........

donkhater
09-27-2004, 09:21 PM
All I have to say about any 0-7 prediction is that this team, personel-wise, is no different from the team that started the season with many of those same 'experts' predicting a Super Bowl appearance. There haven't been any significant injuries since the start of the season.

What has absolutely killed this team is a poor start by the defense, penalties galore and some bad coaching decisions.

The defense may (MAY) be coming around, the penalties can be corrected as well as having some saner decision-making. If the team corrects those issues (and they'll need to to win) then they'll win games.

I ask you this. If KC were 2-1 (which they could have been with the above corrections), would you be predicting a 0-4 strech in the next 4 games? I wouldn't.

Ebolapox
09-27-2004, 09:24 PM
man, the pink eye must be going to his brain--I'm dismayed by our season so far, but it's far from over--maybe I'm just overtly optimistic, but I believe we can still contend this year--

-EB-

Sure-Oz
09-27-2004, 09:37 PM
Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

KCJohnny
09-27-2004, 09:39 PM
Ravens 20, Chiefs 10.
Boys and girls, this is Ray Lewis.
Offenses are paralyzed here.
KC will tank the season here, burying the fantasy that the '99 Rams fluke could be repeated on demand. If Gun had a third (God forbid, a fourth) season, he could have fielded a 13-3 Chiefs season. All O no D = .500. That's the way it is and ever shall be...

KCJ

Sure-Oz
09-27-2004, 09:42 PM
We have beaten them in their house, we can do it again.

alanm
09-27-2004, 10:00 PM
Ravens 20, Chiefs 10.
Boys and girls, this is Ray Lewis.
Offenses are paralyzed here.
KC will tank the season here, burying the fantasy that the '99 Rams fluke could be repeated on demand. If Gun had a third (God forbid, a fourth) season, he could have fielded a 13-3 Chiefs season. All O no D = .500. That's the way it is and ever shall be...

KCJCall me crazy John. But I believe we're going to get our 1st win next Monday. Our backs are really against the wall now and the Chiefs are a wounded animal. And we do have wins over them recently unlike Denver who folds up like a card table whenever they play Baltimore.ROFL But what they need to do is come out on fire on both sides of the ball. I've seen no emotion from the Chiefs thru 3 games so far. It's like their astonished that teams have the temerity to play with them. I hate to bring this phrase up but they lack the "Eye of the Tiger" at the moment. Their playing like they are coming off a Super Bowl victory and lack motivation. They're not hungry. Someone posted a topic earlier today that the Chiefs lack heart. I'm starting to come around to that theory.

BTW, It's nice to see you back and posting again John. Are you home from Iraq now?

COchief
09-27-2004, 10:03 PM
MSpaint roxors your boxors