PDA

View Full Version : Look at the good side about being 0-3

blsilks
09-27-2004, 06:49 PM
Every year somebody wins the Super Bowl and then they are forgotten. The only teams who are remembered are the ones who leave a legacy behind. The Steelers, the Cowboys, the 49ers, and even the Broncos of Elway’s final years (although im not quiet sure you would call that a legacy). To start out 0-3 or 0-4 is only a setup for one of the most glorious seasons in NFL history (a season to be remembered). Now its possible that the Chiefs might just fall apart and have one of the worst seasons in NFL history. On the other side of the coin they could come out fighting like a tiger backed into a corner. Imagine if they battle their way back, defying all of the odds, defying all of the fans who said they were finished, and fighting their way into the playoffs. It only make the season that much sweeter. Remember how sweet it was to watch Montana come back against Elway in mile high and complete that pass to JJ Birden? All im saying is that comebacks are sweet so don’t give up.

bogie
09-27-2004, 06:55 PM
A good way to look at it. I appreciate your positive attitude. This could very well turn out to be a historical season. :clap: :clap: :clap:

DJay23
09-27-2004, 07:11 PM
Remember how sweet it was to watch Montana come back against Elway in mile high and complete that pass to JJ Birden?
Willie Davis

blsilks
09-27-2004, 07:13 PM
Yeah I might come in here from time to time posting stupid stuff or say that we should trade Priest Holmes just so I can start debate but this time im being serious when I say we aren't finished. Theres 16 games in the season and the defense is getting better every game. We can still make the playoffs. I still have faith in our offense despite all of the injuries at WR. I think Chris Horn is actually a dang good WR and im happy to see him receive his first TD. I think he can take the place of Mark just fine. I think they should actually start him in place of Hall considering I think he has better hands then Hall (I also think Hall is too short for a starting WR although sometimes you can sneak the ball to him). Mortan is starting to come along as well and the offense is doing a great job of rushing the ball. We just need to crack down on penalties. Hang in there people. We aren't dead.

Side Note: Dangit I always get those two mixed up.

HolmeZz
09-27-2004, 07:13 PM
The problem is that we aren't getting forgotten. Atleast not with the attention from the media we're getting.

We're getting more media attention for being 0-3 than we did when we were 9-0. Anyone else find that funny?

blsilks
09-27-2004, 07:16 PM
Well the media likes reporting death, carnage and disaster. A Chiefs loss is equal to an explosion in iraq in the media's mind.

tommykat
09-27-2004, 07:21 PM
The problem is that we aren't getting forgotten. Atleast not with the attention from the media we're getting.

We're getting more media attention for being 0-3 than we did when we were 9-0. Anyone else find that funny?

Very true.........bring on the love. :thumb:

blsilks
09-28-2004, 06:07 AM
Once again, look at the good side. At least we are getting some publicity.

Rausch
09-28-2004, 06:09 AM
Well the media likes reporting death, carnage and disaster. A Chiefs loss is equal to an explosion in iraq in the media's mind.

"It ain't dark yet, but it's gett'n there..."

whoman69
09-28-2004, 06:19 AM
They didn't gloat like this last year over the Raiders, and they fell from conference champions.

Lbedrock1
09-28-2004, 06:35 AM
Yeah I might come in here from time to time posting stupid stuff or say that we should trade Priest Holmes just so I can start debate but this time im being serious when I say we aren't finished. Theres 16 games in the season and the defense is getting better every game. We can still make the playoffs. I still have faith in our offense despite all of the injuries at WR. I think Chris Horn is actually a dang good WR and im happy to see him receive his first TD. I think he can take the place of Mark just fine. I think they should actually start him in place of Hall considering I think he has better hands then Hall (I also think Hall is too short for a starting WR although sometimes you can sneak the ball to him). Mortan is starting to come along as well and the offense is doing a great job of rushing the ball. We just need to crack down on penalties. Hang in there people. We aren't dead.

Side Note: Dangit I always get those two mixed up.

You are the great mind reader.....Im right there with you a true fan.

Ugly Duck
09-28-2004, 08:35 AM
To start out 0-3 or 0-4 is only a setup for one of the most glorious seasons in NFL history!!! come out fighting like a tiger backed into a corner!!! battle their way back!!! defying all of the odds!!!! defying all of the fans who said they were finished, and fighting their way into the playoffs!!!! Where have we heard that before? Oh yeah.....

blsilks
09-28-2004, 08:58 AM
Where have we heard that before? Oh yeah.....

No, if I sounded like him then I would be saying "Da Chiefs are not 0-3. Dis is all lies. Dis is Baltimore propaganda. Da Chiefs are really 3-0 winning all of der games".

Ugly Duck
09-28-2004, 08:59 AM
No, if I sounded like him then I would be saying "Da Chiefs are not 0-3. Dis is all lies. Dis is Baltimore propaganda. Da Chiefs are really 3-0 winning all of der games".Right you are, me bucko! My bad.....

Frankie
09-28-2004, 09:23 AM

I'm not sure if I ever want SI's "attention." We were 9-0 before they paid us "attention" last year. ;)