PDA

View Full Version : Keep note...

DJay23
09-27-2004, 07:14 PM
Of everyone who jumps off our bandwagon right now. Not only here, but in the media, and and in our personal experiences. When we come back and start beating the hell out of good teams, DO NOT allow those people back on. They stay off, we don't need their kind anyway.

We won 9 in a row last year with essentially the same team. What's to say it can't happen again?

unlurking
09-27-2004, 07:40 PM
So is this like calling Americans who question their government "unpatriotic"?

Rausch
09-27-2004, 07:43 PM
So is this like calling Americans who question their government "unpatriotic"?

There is a difference between saying DV made a bad call and saying "they're done," or "season's over," or "might as well talk about next year."

tommykat
09-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Of everyone who jumps off our bandwagon right now. Not only here, but in the media, and and in our personal experiences. When we come back and start beating the hell out of good teams, DO NOT allow those people back on. They stay off, we don't need their kind anyway.

We won 9 in a row last year with essentially the same team. What's to say it can't happen again?

I for one will always be behind my CHIEFS regardless!

Darkwolfe
09-27-2004, 07:44 PM
I'm just going to roll with it. If you can't be a fan when your team is down, you're not much of a fan when they're hot.

DJay23
09-27-2004, 07:55 PM
I'm just going to roll with it. If you can't be a fan when your team is down, you're not much of a fan when they're hot.
This is exactly what I'm saying.

Where I live there are so many people who just pick and choose the team du jour, there is no loyalty. The Chiefs were a sexy team last year and so many people were suddenly big Chiefs fans. I called all of them out for what they were, bandwagon bitches, and every one declared their allegiance. Now that things look rough, they are jumping ship and laughing at me for sticking with my team. They're all suddenly Eagles fans, which they should have been in the first place, but they had to wait around to make sure they would be good this year. These are the same fuqwads with Terrell Davis, Marshall Faulk, and Tom Brady jerseys in their closets.

If you can't suffer with your team, you're not a fan.

The Bad Guy
09-27-2004, 07:59 PM
Jumping off the bangwon isn't having a negative opinion of this team. Just because I have the opinion that they aren't very good, doesn't mean I don't sit there every Sunday on my couch and root my ass off for them.

This "I'm a better fan than you are because I'm not negative" stuff has to stop on this board.

Nelson Muntz
09-27-2004, 08:03 PM
Jumping off the bangwon isn't having a negative opinion of this team. Just because I have the opinion that they aren't very good, doesn't mean I don't sit there every Sunday on my couch and root my ass off for them.

This "I'm a better fan than you are because I'm not negative" stuff has to stop on this board.

There's a difference between being negative and totally writing off the season after 3 games though. I think thats what he's trying to say.

Jenson71
09-27-2004, 08:06 PM
Thomas Paine wrote it best in Crises, I. That's a story for soldiers that was written for when they just lost a battle. The first lines say it all.

Something like..."These are the times that test men's souls. The sunshine soldiers will stay away..."

I'm staying.

Inspector
09-27-2004, 08:07 PM
I'm sticking with them. They have the coolest uniforms.

DJay23
09-27-2004, 08:07 PM
There's a difference between being negative and totally writing off the season after 3 games though. I think thats what he's trying to say.
Yes.

When the antagonists ask me what happened to the Chiefs Sunday, I jokingly say, "they suck," but I follow that with, "There are still 13 games to play."

Cntrygal
09-27-2004, 08:10 PM
Believe me, I understand suffering. :(

tk13
09-27-2004, 08:18 PM
I think there are people on both sides on the equation who go a little overboard... some who think any criticism is jumping off the bandwagon, and I think there are those who think their fandom is being questioned when it isn't. Personally I couldn't care either way... although I do think there are some people who are just so constantly negative I don't understand how they derive any enjoyment from this, but who knows, that's not my problem. The only thing I really have a slight problem with... is when people throw around that Lamar and Carl are greedy and just in it for the money yet they (the person filing the complaint) continue to spend money on tickets and parking and merchandise. I mean I know it's not my money and all, but if I don't think anyone would go down to the Home Depot and buy stuff there if you thought they were unfairly gouging you from your money. If you think the Chiefs are using that kind of business mentality and are only concerned about money, I cannot fathom why someone would continue to feed that "money machine" so to speak. That's not really even saying somebody's not a fan I guess, but I think it's weird.

Demonpenz
09-27-2004, 08:19 PM
i can understand why i would feed the money machine.... to party my freaking dick off every sunday

ChiefsCountry
09-27-2004, 08:36 PM
I'm a Chiefs, Royals, and MU Tigers fan. I know heart break every year, so there is no need for me to hop on the bandwagon. They are my teams and I am sticking with them.