PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Thoughts - Would you do this to your team?

Mile High Mania
09-28-2004, 10:11 AM
Ok, there are a lot of folks with itchy trigger finger and willing to pull off some interesting trades in one of my leagues. I will post what my team looks like now ... actually not doing too badly, but I've caught two teams on their "high score weeks" when I could have beaten over half the other teams.

Anyway, here is my team now...

QBs
Chad Pennington / Aaron Brooks

RBs
M Faulk / T Henry / Bell & Griffin / Michael Pittman

WRs
T Holt / L Coles / D Stallworth / D Givens / M Clayton / T Calico

Here is what my team COULD look like if I pull off two trades that appear to have very strong chances of happening.

QBs
Peyton Manning / Big Ben Rothlisberger (or Trent Green, if I work it right)
and probably Kerry Collins as I will bid high for his FA services and keep 3 QBs

RBs
M Faulk / Curtis Martin / Bell & Griffin / Michael Pittman

WRs
T Holt / D Stallworth / D Givens / M Clayton / T Calico

*I will need to bid on the services of a 6th WR to have a legal roster.

So, do you like that team better before or after the trade?

Essentially giving up:
Pennington and Brooks for Peyton Manning and either Big Ben or Green
and
Turning Travis Henry into Curtis Martin and losing L Coles.

I hade being the crazy trade guy, but I'm 1-2 and I'm not certain I'm hurting my team...

Iowanian
09-28-2004, 10:16 AM
I like the Team a little better after the "trade".

Pennington is a solid QB, but he's not going to put up the numbers Manning does, week in/out. I'd take Green over Ben. Martin is running the ball very well, but I do question if he'll keep it up, due to age and wear and tear. Henry is a pretty solid #2, but I think he'll start losing more carries as the season goes on.

Mile High Mania
09-28-2004, 10:31 AM
Thanks - those are kind of my thoughts as well.

Anyone else ... Hoover, Bueler... Bueler.. ?

The Bad Guy
09-28-2004, 10:41 AM
If you can get Manning and Curtis Martin then do it.

Manning is a sure thing, and Martin looks 10 years younger.

KevB
09-28-2004, 10:45 AM
I don't like Stallworth as a #2 WR at all, but obviously it's an upgrade at QB. I think Henry will be solid overall, and I just don't see him losing carries to McGahee. When has Willis shown he's capable of being a difference maker? I do like Martin this year, but his schedule gets noticably more difficult, so I don't know that he'll be markedly better than Henry the rest of the way. I guess I'd do the trade, but I think you're fine without it.

KevB
09-28-2004, 10:46 AM
By the way, I'm 0-3 as the 2nd highest scoring team in my league (McNabb/Brady, Edge/Henry/K Jones, Holt/S Moss/Branch) and I'm still not terribly worried. It's still early....

PHOG
09-28-2004, 10:49 AM
I guess I would do it, although Brooks is having a good start so far.I would be concerned about the WR situation, though. :shrug:

txhawk
09-28-2004, 11:20 AM
Initially the deal sounds good, but I would contend that both players should be moved quickly.

I know Martin has had an outstanding season thus far, but consider his schedule for the remainder of the year as well as Henry's. * indicates Playoff weeks.

Henry: NE, JETs, Mia, Bal, Ari, Jets, NE, Stl, Sea, Mia, *CLe, *Cin, *SF, *Pit

Martin: Mia, Buf, SF, NE, Mia, Buf, Bal, Cle, Ari, *Hou, *Pit, *Sea, *Stl

Those are some nasty run defenses to face, but I like Henry's playoff opponets better. If you could, Martin does have more value to everyday players, if you trade for him, make a move for a different running back, i don't think he keeps up the numers all year.

BigChiefFan
09-28-2004, 11:26 AM
Definitely after the trade. Your QBs get better and you improve your running game. You are in dire need of Curtis Martin, IMO. Faulk and Henry are struggling and your other guys are back-ups practically. Pittman didn't score a single TD last year. Bell is a back-up and Griffin will be average. Make the trade before they change their mind.

Hoover
09-28-2004, 11:27 AM
I'd stick with Pennington and Brooks.

Manning is up and down, he will get you 18-20 points every week and 2 times a year the dude just goes off. Pennington is fine, I don't think you gain enough. Plus if you are getting rid of a back I'd move Faulk, Martz just doesn't run the ball enough for me.

Henry gets the carries, I'd try to trade Faulk stright up for CMart.

e_train69
09-28-2004, 11:40 AM
Pretty even trade either way.

Go with your gut!