PDA

View Full Version : New Media Pastime: KC Bashing

Ugly Duck
09-28-2004, 03:05 PM
Now the media pundits are muscling in on what was once the territory of Donk & Rayder fanz. These media dudes are falling all over themselves trying to come up with the sharpest quip, the harshest rip on KC. Nobody's going to listen to rival fan smaq cuz the KC-bashers in the media are stealing our thunder. Its just not fair! Listen to these guys:

"This is the most disappointing team in the NFL. If the team loses at Baltimore on Monday night, the season basically will be over." - Fox Sports

"Now we know why Dick Vermeil cries. Watching this team, and especially that defense, will make a lot of coaches weepy, unless you're an opposing offensive coordinator." - CBS Sportsline

"The Chiefs are easily the biggest disappointment in the league right now. All those with Chiefs Super Bowl tickets from Lost Wages might want to slip them into the tax-purposes drawer with all those losing lottery tickets. The Chiefs are so bad right now they make that new sitcom Joey look good." - Pete Prisco

"Dick Vermeil's going to be crying again soon, but they won't be tears of joy. The once-powerful Chiefs are the biggest flops of the early NFL season" - Fox Sports

"The Kansas City Chiefs are done. The 0-3 start, which includes two home losses, will doom this team. The loss at home against the Texans is inexcusable." - Pete Prisco

KCN
09-28-2004, 03:08 PM
Media bashing the Chiefs is nothing new. Prisco did it all year last season. Besides, those comments aren't bashing, they're speaking the truth.

Chief Fanatic
09-28-2004, 03:10 PM
What? Truth hurts

Thig Lyfe
09-28-2004, 03:10 PM
New?

Mr. Laz
09-28-2004, 03:12 PM
thats what the chiefs get for standing pat

they had a chance and blew it ... might as well of painted a big bullseye on KC

Ugly Duck
09-28-2004, 03:14 PM
Media bashing the Chiefs is nothing new. Prisco did it all year last season. How quickly you forget. Up until very recently all we heard was Priest Holmes this, 16-0?, TD record that, KC to the Bowl? You were the media darlings, and now you've gone and made all the fresh new KC boosters look stupid with their KC SuperBowl predictions. So now they're peeved at you and will show no mercy.

Mr. Laz
09-28-2004, 03:17 PM
So now they're peeved at you and will show no mercy.

yep...

complacency will open you to attack every time

KCN
09-28-2004, 03:20 PM
How quickly you forget. Up until very recently all we heard was Priest Holmes this, 16-0?, TD record that, KC to the Bowl? You were the media darlings, and now you've gone and made all the fresh new KC boosters look stupid with their KC SuperBowl predictions. So now they're peeved at you and will show no mercy.

I would hardly call the above quotes "no mercy". My resonse to each of them is a simple "duh".

If you want merciless criticism, log on to the Planet after game day.

Ugly Duck
09-28-2004, 09:42 PM
If you want merciless criticism, log on to the Planet after game day.An dat's da troof! Anybody notice that there were no "Cliff Notes" for the Houston game? You guyz were so harsh that I didn't have the heart to post a Cliff Notes. I decided that I would only do another edition after a Chiefs victory.....

Frazod
09-28-2004, 09:46 PM
Media bashing the Chiefs is nothing new. Prisco did it all year last season. Besides, those comments aren't bashing, they're speaking the truth.

Prickso has ALWAYS hated us. A Chiefs player must have beat him up when he was a child.

But he's right, as are all the rest of them. We suck ass. The nosedive this team has taken is inexcusable.

stevieray
09-28-2004, 09:57 PM
Tags kicked that door wide open.

alanm
09-28-2004, 10:17 PM
Prickso has ALWAYS hated us. A Chiefs player must have beat him up when he was a child.

But he's right, as are all the rest of them. We suck ass. The nosedive this team has taken is inexcusable.Kinda reminds ya of Oakland last year. Only we didn't make it to the SB.:banghead::cuss:

Frazod
09-28-2004, 10:21 PM
Kinda reminds ya of Oakland last year. Only we didn't make it to the SB.:banghead::cuss:

Yep. We're the 2003 Raiders. That sucks.

:cuss:

Ultra Peanut
09-28-2004, 11:23 PM
"Dick Vermeil's going to be crying again soon, but they won't be tears of joy. The once-powerful Chiefs are the biggest flops of the early NFL season" - Fox Sports

"Now we know why Dick Vermeil cries. Watching this team, and especially that defense, will make a lot of coaches weepy, unless you're an opposing offensive coordinator." - CBS SportslineHa ha ha! Oh gosh that's funny! That's really funny! Do you write your own material? Do you? Because that is so fresh. You are the weakest link, goodbye! You know, I've, I've never heard anyone make that joke before. Hmm. You're the first. I've never heard anyone reference, reference that outside the program before. Because that's what she says on the show, right? Isn't it? You are the weakest link, goodbye! And, and yet you've taken that and used it out of context to insult me in this everyday situation. God, what a clever, smart girl you must be, to come up with a joke like that all by yourself! That's so fresh, too. Any, any Titanic jokes you want to throw at me too as long as we're hitting these phenomena at the height of their popularity? God, you're so funny!

Ugly Duck
09-29-2004, 12:21 AM
Ha ha ha! Oh gosh that's funny! That's really funny! Do you write your own material? Do you? Because that is so fresh. "And we wonder why Dick Vermeil cries? If you had to watch that defense every day, you would weep like a baby, too." - Pete Prisco

"It's the defense. No, it's the offense. No, it's Dante Hall. I don't know what it is, but I haven't seen a collapse like this since Enron went south. Critics want to pin the blame on the club's matador defense" - Clark Judge, CBS Sportsline

David.
09-29-2004, 12:23 AM
Ha ha ha! Oh gosh that's funny! That's really funny! Do you write your own material? Do you? Because that is so fresh. You are the weakest link, goodbye! You know, I've, I've never heard anyone make that joke before. Hmm. You're the first. I've never heard anyone reference, reference that outside the program before. Because that's what she says on the show, right? Isn't it? You are the weakest link, goodbye! And, and yet you've taken that and used it out of context to insult me in this everyday situation. God, what a clever, smart girl you must be, to come up with a joke like that all by yourself! That's so fresh, too. Any, any Titanic jokes you want to throw at me too as long as we're hitting these phenomena at the height of their popularity? God, you're so funny!

ROFL good stuff. Is that from a movie or something. That's WAY to smart for you :)

Ultra Peanut
09-29-2004, 12:26 AM
WAY to smartHee hee hee.

BigRedChief
09-29-2004, 05:48 AM
We deserve it. Even though we were 13-3 last year we had all kinds of problems that we all knew were there. We stood pat and said we have the players to get this done. The rest of the nation doesn't know what they are talking about. We do..

Expect to get bashed when you are wrong.

KCTitus
09-29-2004, 06:16 AM
Im reminded of the years of 1994, 1996, and 1998...each year after a successful regular season and with the exception of 1993 a dismal performance in the playoffs, the following years the Sports media intelligensia commented during the offseason that KC was the team to beat only for them to fall flat on their face each time...

The media dont like teams that make them look bad, so out comes the claws.

Not many expected the fall to be quite so great, except for our resident pessimists, so here we are again (even numbered year and all--oops did I say that?).

donkhater
09-29-2004, 07:10 AM
That's nothing. You should hear Sterling Sharpe, Solomon Wilcots and Glenn Parker on 'Playbook' on the NFL Channel.

Most of it has been deserved, but this last week they basically excused the INT by Green because he was trying to overcome his pathetic defense. This when the score was 14-6 in the late third. These guys are either so biased and moronic or they just don't watch the games.

Saulbadguy
09-29-2004, 07:11 AM
even Somethingawful.com is ripping us.

Gaz
09-29-2004, 07:31 AM
If the team is bothered by the bashing, they know what to do.

xoxo~
Gaz
Cannot say it is not justified.

Ugly Duck
09-29-2004, 07:44 AM
Sagarin NFL ratings:

#32 Kansas City Chiefs Rating: 9.93

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl04.htm