PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence Watch Party, MNF v. Baltimore

Braincase
09-28-2004, 04:05 PM
My house or a better spot if there is one...

Lord Bestyle
09-28-2004, 04:50 PM
If you don't mind a stranger from the Internet in your home, count me in. PM the details?

Donger
09-28-2004, 04:52 PM
My house or a better spot if there is one...

Got a nice house?

Valuables?

Daughters?

Braincase
09-28-2004, 04:58 PM
Got a nice house?

Valuables?

Daughters?

1. For me, it's a castle. How zen do you want me to get?

2. Yes. How much sense is it to buy and arm one's castle and keep one's valuables buried in a old briefcase buried out in the country at GPS location...

3. They're 6 & 7 years old. Anyone harming them wouldn't make it out of my house under their own power. Nuts go first.

Donger
09-28-2004, 05:01 PM

2. Yes. How much sense is it to buy and arm one's castle and keep one's valuables buried in a old briefcase buried out in the country at GPS location...

3. They're 6 & 7 years old. Anyone harming them wouldn't make it out of my house under their own power. Nuts go first.

Guess I'm not coming.

teedubya
09-28-2004, 05:02 PM
Yeah, if personal hygiene is required DONGER definately wont be there.

Donger
09-28-2004, 05:03 PM
Yeah, if personal hygiene is required DONGER definately wont be there.

ROFL

Lzen
09-28-2004, 07:26 PM

Zen? Someone call me?

Braincase
09-28-2004, 07:28 PM
Zen? Someone call me?

You're on speeddial, brother!

Zebedee DuBois
09-28-2004, 07:33 PM
I would join you guys, except for the 2 1/2 hour drive up and the 2 1/2 hour drive back thingy.

That, and being exposed as a dullard.

OK.. The drive thing, the dullard thing, and not knowing your exact address.

Plus, I usually avoid people that patronize bars with butcher shops in them.

Braincase
09-29-2004, 05:06 AM
I would join you guys, except for the 2 1/2 hour drive up and the 2 1/2 hour drive back thingy.

That, and being exposed as a dullard.

OK.. The drive thing, the dullard thing, and not knowing your exact address.

Plus, I usually avoid people that patronize bars with butcher shops in them.

Looks like there may be early support for 75th Street Brewery on Clinton Parkway...

Lzen
09-29-2004, 07:25 AM
I'll see about it, Bob. Right now, the wife is starting a part time job in the evenings. With that and the middle son in football, it's probably not likely that I'll be able to make it. If there's any possible way, I'll try to be there.

Hammock Parties
09-29-2004, 07:34 AM
You live in Lawrence, huh? Got any stories about the cemetary where the church used to be in Stull, Kansas?

Braincase
09-29-2004, 07:48 AM
You live in Lawrence, huh? Got any stories about the cemetary where the church used to be in Stull, Kansas?

Some guys and I go demon hunting over there regularly. Beautiful thing about hunting demons is that the game warden fully endorses it, and doesn't mind the silver shredder rounds.

Found this skull last time we were there.

http://www.goreydetails.net/images/items/jpeg1065865299.jpg

Lzen
09-29-2004, 07:55 AM

When I was a teen, we went up to that church late at night and ran around the area for awhile. Nothing happened. Great story, huh? :rolleyes:

Hammock Parties
09-29-2004, 07:56 AM
Some guys and I go demon hunting over there regularly. Beautiful thing about hunting demons is that the game warden fully endorses it, and doesn't mind the silver shredder rounds.

Found this skull last time we were there.

http://www.goreydetails.net/images/items/jpeg1065865299.jpg

Are you just yanking my chain? That's some f'd up shit right there!

I'm planning to visit it one of these days...got any other stories?

Braincase
10-03-2004, 11:48 AM

Whatever you do, don't bring a copy of the Necronomicon. Little bastard went straight for my buddies backpack during the harvest moon.

On a more serious note, who's at 75th street brewery Monday night for the game? I'm there...

Skip Towne
10-03-2004, 11:56 AM

You can't visit it. You're banned from Kansas.

Mosbonian
10-03-2004, 12:29 PM

Rep for that!!!

You're kinder than I would be.....

I'm afraid that if someone tried to hurt my kids, I wouldn't leave any trace of them having entered my abode.....it would take the wizards of CSI to convict me.

And further, I wouldn't have any problem going to prison to protect my family...

mmaddog

Braincase
10-03-2004, 07:24 PM
Allow me to answer for Boozer...

"I will be waiting on my wife hand and foot. There's no way I'd be allowed to make it out of the house for adult beverages with friends. I'm not even allowed to watch football anymore."

Sorry, guys.

Damn, I have one more nut than he does...

WilliamTheIrish
10-03-2004, 08:13 PM
Damn, I have one more nut than he does...

Brain.... ROFL

Unfortunately I'm scheduled to work Monday night till midnight. But DAMMIT!!! I want to go to the Brewery rather than work.

After golfing with Phobes, Dan, Stinger, Dartgod et al, I've decided to make a better effort to meet some other Planeteers.

So while I prolly won't make it for this MNF game, I'll damn sure make it for the next.

Boozer
10-03-2004, 09:13 PM
Allow me to answer for Boozer...

"I will be waiting on my wife hand and foot. There's no way I'd be allowed to make it out of the house for adult beverages with friends. I'm not even allowed to watch football anymore."

Sorry, guys.

God damn it...now I have to show up. Count me (and my two nuts) in, Bob.

Boozer
10-04-2004, 05:53 AM
Sweet. I was afraid my effort was going to go to waste and never be viewed by the target.

I almost missed it. What time are we meeting up at 75th Street (on 23rd Street)?

Skip Towne
10-04-2004, 06:12 AM
God damn it...now I have to show up. Count me (and my two nuts) in, Bob.
Hide the napkins.

Pants
10-04-2004, 06:15 AM
Hide the napkins.

I don't get it...

Braincase
10-04-2004, 08:43 AM
I don't get it...

Um... the sanitary napkins...

Oh, wait. I remember. Somebody has a serious napkin tearing fetish!

Saulbadguy
10-04-2004, 08:44 AM
Brain.... ROFL

Unfortunately I'm scheduled to work Monday night till midnight. But DAMMIT!!! I want to go to the Brewery rather than work.

After golfing with Phobes, Dan, Stinger, Dartgod et al, I've decided to make a better effort to meet some other Planeteers.

So while I prolly won't make it for this MNF game, I'll damn sure make it for the next.
WTI, will you be making it to Lawrence for the Sunflower Showdown? I was thinking of some sort of get-together for that.

Pants
10-04-2004, 08:48 AM
It's gonna be 42-7 this year. KU is improving.

Saulbadguy
10-04-2004, 08:49 AM
It's gonna be 42-7 this year. KU is improving.
Yeah, they might score a TD this year. I'd say they are due for at least that.

Braincase
10-04-2004, 09:07 AM
I'll be there as close to 7:00 as possible. I'll also organize the Lawrence Road Trip to Topeka to watch the next MNF game in a few weeks.

Lzen
10-04-2004, 09:24 AM
I won't be making it tonight. I'll try to get to the next one.

Braincase
10-04-2004, 09:26 AM
I won't be making it tonight. I'll try to get to the next one.

Next time, we might load up the Expedition and drive to your house.

WilliamTheIrish
10-04-2004, 11:22 AM
WTI, will you be making it to Lawrence for the Sunflower Showdown? I was thinking of some sort of get-together for that.

Won't make it for that either. 25 year class reunion on Saturday.

Busy month for me. It really sucks.

Braincase
10-04-2004, 12:01 PM
You are one old fugger, William.

SHut up, kid. Now, run to the fridge and get the old man a beer, and don't open it this time.

WilliamTheIrish
10-04-2004, 12:09 PM
You are one old fugger, William.

But dammit, I look gooooooooooooood.

Ghostof
10-04-2004, 12:09 PM
"Originally Posted by JBret
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found this skull last time we were there."

Ok, enlighten me. Wheres this church at? Ive only lived in Lawrence four and a half years and never heard anything about it. I'd like to go check it out. The only freaky place I have seen is from a distance. The pet cemetary that you see the sign west of the west lawrence exit, on the south side of the road.

malito
10-04-2004, 12:20 PM
What a death watch party? You having a wake? Invite the coroner cause i dont think the patient will make it out of surgery!

Braincase
10-04-2004, 12:24 PM
What a death watch party? You having a wake? Invite the coroner cause i dont think the patient will make it out of surgery!

Sombody tell the home that they've got a patient accessing the server...

Braincase
10-04-2004, 12:25 PM
"Originally Posted by JBret
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found this skull last time we were there."

Ok, enlighten me. Wheres this church at? Ive only lived in Lawrence four and a half years and never heard anything about it. I'd like to go check it out. The only freaky place I have seen is from a distance. The pet cemetary that you see the sign west of the west lawrence exit, on the south side of the road.

Church is gone. Last remaining wall was torn down about two years ago. Still good demon hunting, though.

Ghostof
10-04-2004, 01:20 PM
Is that out there where the snipe hunting is also?

Braincase
10-04-2004, 01:27 PM
Is that out there where the snipe hunting is also?

Plenty of good sniping right here on the Planet. No need to seek out the Gates of Hell...

Braincase
10-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Arrangements have been made. We have prime seating, just inside the front door, two bat tables right in front of the big screen. I'll try and make a couple of Planet signs...

Boozer
10-04-2004, 04:22 PM
Arrangements have been made. We have prime seating, just inside the front door, two bat tables right in front of the big screen. I'll try and make a couple of Planet signs...

Are we going to need two big tables? Who all's coming besides you and me?

Lord Bestyle
10-04-2004, 05:35 PM
Are we going to need two big tables? Who all's coming besides you and me?

I'll be there to represent the Planet newbies.

Braincase
10-04-2004, 05:49 PM
I think we'll have at least enough for two small tables. I sure hope we can get a DeSoto Planeteer to show, and if FAT ELVIS can borrow his testicles, I'd buy him a beer too.

Braincase
10-04-2004, 05:54 PM
Heading over to yonder brewery! See ya there, crew!