PDA

View Full Version : Yet another McCardell article.

chiefsfaninwa
09-29-2004, 09:16 AM
http://bucs.tbo.com/bucs/MGB56DZSOZD.html

Brock
09-29-2004, 09:21 AM
A 23 year old who is willing to play traded for a 35 year old holdout? Give me a break, that's stupid.

Chiefnj
09-29-2004, 09:35 AM
The Chiefs should have made the move for Keenan as soon as Wilson went down. If they didn't bring him in then, I doubt they will do it now.

HC_Chief
09-29-2004, 09:39 AM
I would have done it way before Wilson's injury. As soon as we knew about Morton's strained vagina, err achilles, I would have pushed to acquire McCardell (or Burress).

BigChiefFan
09-29-2004, 09:42 AM
Were a day late and a dollar short. A move like this may have helped us before we started off 0-3, but now we have to live with Carl's do-nothing approach to improving the team. His arrogance has cost us big.

King_Chief_Fan
09-29-2004, 09:43 AM
A 23 year old who is willing to play traded for a 35 year old holdout? Give me a break, that's stupid.

Exactly

HC_Chief
09-29-2004, 09:44 AM
I still think it would be an improvement.

We added Kennison mid-season; he ended up being our top receiver (clarification, top <i>wideout</i>). Adding McCardell now would do the same IMO.

Again, I think it's a moot point... we're showing zero interest.

jagerdrinker
09-29-2004, 09:46 AM
"I would have done it way before Wilson's injury. As soon as we knew about Morton's strained vagina, err achilles, I would have pushed to acquire McCardell (or Burress)."

Just as a clarification, Morton did not strain his vagina...everyone knows it was an horrific case of "turf clit."

Mr. Laz
09-29-2004, 10:39 AM
and another...

Report: Bucs eye Chiefs RB
By ROGER MILLS, Times Staff Writer
Published September 29, 2004

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/09/29/Bucs/Report__Bucs_eye_Chie.shtml

---------------------------------------------------------------

TAMPA - The Bucs have expressed interest in a trade for Chiefs running back Larry Johnson, the Kansas City Star reported. The report said the Chiefs have held recent substantive discussions with at least four teams regarding Johnson - Tampa Bay, Miami, Philadelphia and Dallas.

But it also said finalizing the deal before the Oct.19 deadline is a longshot. The Chiefs need a linebacker and receiver with WR Marc Boerigter and LB Mike Maslowski on injured reserve.

Bucs general manager Bruce Allen would not comment on the report.

Johnson, a second-year player out of Penn State, is in the doghouse of Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil. Behind Priest Holmes and Derrick Blaylock on the depth chart, Johnson does not have a carry or a catch through the first three games.

Last week, with Holmes' availability uncertain for Sunday's game against the Texans, Vermeil said it was time for Johnson to "take the diapers off."

The comment didn't sit well with Johnson who responded: "I don't need another grown man telling me I need to take the diapers off."

In other news, a report on SI.com last week said the Ravens inquired about trading for McCardell on draft day and the Bears made an offer about a month ago.

Allen has vehemently denied that any team has expressed interest in the Pro Bowl receiver. McCardell caught 84 balls for 1,174 yards and had nine touchdowns in 2003.

[Last modified September 28, 2004, 23:51:22]

Ghostof
09-29-2004, 10:53 AM
Just as long as we can finalize the deal before November so he can run against the Chiefs on the 7th and have either:

a) career day of 300 yards rushing

or

b) Chiefs fans send Johnson a lifetime supply of diapers

/sarcasm off