ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who would Scott Pioli draft at #1? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266639)

seamonster 11-15-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9119653)
Wonder how many of Parcells qualifications Barkley meets?

Look, I wouldn't be depressed if we picked up geno smith, but people need to stop acting like he's a matt ryan/RGIII hybrid. He's only 6'3, is estimated to run a 4.7 forty and has decent arm strength, not the vaunted john elway power. He's also been mediocre against good defenses.

Psyko Tek 11-15-2012 08:32 PM

a CB to replace Carr
no other option
unless LSU has another DL available

Dave Lane 11-15-2012 08:37 PM

I heard Kiper say he really liked a LSU lineman or a ILB for us. Thats my pick of what dumb **** would do.

Jobomb 11-15-2012 11:21 PM

I don't know if Bray has the mental side of it. He seems a bit dumb, and he doesn't strike me as the type that will put in the hours it takes in the film room to dissect NFL defenses. But his arm is special.

(Tennessee fan)

Saccopoo 11-15-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 9121577)
Look, I wouldn't be depressed if we picked up geno smith, but people need to stop acting like he's a matt ryan/RGIII hybrid. He's only 6'3, is estimated to run a 4.7 forty and has decent arm strength, not the vaunted john elway power. He's also been mediocre against good defenses.

Only a legitimate 6'3"?

Can only run a 40 in 4.7?

And can hit receivers from all over the field?

(And no one has Elway arm power. Not Stafford, not Vick, not Favre, not nobody. But Geno can and has hit guys in stride at 50 yards. There hasn't been a single Chiefs QB ever who can do that. Ever.)

Yeah, I'll take Geno all day long.

Hammock Parties 11-15-2012 11:33 PM

Geno is clearly the most physically talented QB coming out.

You're blind if you don't see that.

He also happens to have 3 years of starting experience and 25 wins. Even Parcells would like him.

BossChief 11-15-2012 11:36 PM

Geno fills all the Parcells criteria for a first round qb, doesn't he?

Hammock Parties 11-15-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9122416)
Geno fills all the Parcells criteria for a first round qb, doesn't he?

Close. He's not a 4-year starter. He didn't start every game his first year.

BossChief 11-15-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9122422)
Close. He's not a 4-year starter. He didn't start every game his first year.

That's not one of his 4 requirements. Geno Smith meets all 4

He must be a senior, because you need time and maturity to develop into a good professional quarterback.
He must be a graduate, because you want someone who takes his responsibilities seriously.
He must be a three-year starter, because you need to make sure his success wasn’t ephemeral and that he has lived as “the guy” for some period of time.
He must have at least 23 wins, because the big passing numbers must come in the context of winning games.

Hammock Parties 11-15-2012 11:54 PM

It's 3-year starter then. Killer.

BossChief 11-15-2012 11:59 PM

Killer, indeed.

RealSNR 11-16-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 9121577)
He's also been mediocre against good defenses.

Ben Roethlisberger went to Miami, OH. Whenever his team faced against a BCS team, he got clobbered. He looked ****ing terrible.

Now West Virginia isn't Miami, OH, but Geno's team is clearly outmatched by the competition in the Big XII. He has zero offensive line help, no defense, and his coach is a reerun. And he's going up against some REALLY good defenses with that.

He hasn't been perfect, but I'll gladly take "pretty damn good" instead when perfection isn't available.

Man, behind Kansas City's offensive line with all kinds of protection? Chucking 50 yarders to Dwayne Bowe after Jamaal Charles just skull-****ed the defense and made them double down on stopping the run? The Chiefs haven't had a QB who can make defenses pay for their aggressiveness since... well, ever. Trent Green was excellent, but he didn't have Geno Smith's arm or his WRs.

Very quickly, teams are going to see exactly what Chiefs fans were talking about when they said, "If we only had a real QB." Geno Smith is that "real QB." You'll get a pretty good idea of what that means as early as his rookie year.

Woodchuck 11-16-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9122411)
Geno is clearly the most physically talented QB coming out.

You're blind if you don't see that.

Maybe? But, he's not that talented imo and that's the problem.

Nightfyre 11-16-2012 09:08 AM

I think pioli would get mcCarron to declare and draft him.

Woodchuck 11-16-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9122831)
I think pioli would get mcCarron to declare and draft him.

I do too. In addition to a first round QB.