ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2014 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149)

Silock 01-17-2014 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10376164)
Racks for snatches? That makes no sense.

One of the first things you're taught is that if a lift goes behind you, you take a giant step forward while lunging to get forward quickly.

I didn't watch the video. I thought he was overhead squatting.

Agree on the bailout technique if you are lifting out in the open.

BigCatDaddy 01-17-2014 10:52 PM

TAKE NOTE OMAHA!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oxs6YkXKVpc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lewdog 01-18-2014 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10376172)
I didn't watch the video. I thought he was overhead squatting.

Agree on the bailout technique if you are lifting out in the open.

I specifically mentioned the video so you'd watch it.

Come on Silock, you're better than that!

NewChief 01-18-2014 09:59 AM

Here's what I've noticed about Crossfit lately around here:

Whereas at one time, a Crossfit gym was filled up with people who looked pretty ripped and in shape, the "boxes" are getting filled up with more and more fatties. I suppose it's the inevitable result of a type of workout becoming popular. People see folks who are in shape doing Crossfit. They think it's going to be the miracle cure that finally gets them to lose weight, so they join a "box." Then the same problems that plagued them before (lack of dedication, poor metabolism/genetics, bad diet, etc..) will still plague them in CF.

I predict this leads to a decreasing popularity for Crossfit among those who actually are dedicated to being fit and in shape, because the perception of program will change among the "fit" community (it's already, as evidenced by this thread, experienced significant backlash).

Silock 01-18-2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10376446)
I specifically mentioned the video so you'd watch it.

Come on Silock, you're better than that!

I'm not a gruesome video watcher.

lewdog 01-18-2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10376477)
I'm not a gruesome video watcher.

It's not super gruesome. Except for the fact that when you see him go down, you know he's paralyzed.

Omaha 01-20-2014 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10374830)
Doubtfull ;) Some guy being ripped does not change my opinion on the logic behind the fitness fad he teaches.

Not because he's ripped. He's a good trainer. True story.

Omaha 01-20-2014 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10376144)
Olympic lifts just weren't meant to be performed in high rep, fatigue-inducing fashion.

It's entirely possible that it's not a form thing with you, Omaha, but that Crossfit is still the reason you're injured. Doing anything that puts a lot of stress on a joint many times over can injure you, even if performed correctly.

I had been working on my cleans quite a bit. I tend to pull with my arms a little bit & I think that's to blame. I think I've got that catch down. I'm not doing cleans right now. I'm trying to let my elbows rest.

Omaha 01-20-2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10376185)
TAKE NOTE OMAHA!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oxs6YkXKVpc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hmmm. Zumba sounds cool. I'll check it out.

Omaha 01-20-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10376465)
Here's what I've noticed about Crossfit lately around here:

Whereas at one time, a Crossfit gym was filled up with people who looked pretty ripped and in shape, the "boxes" are getting filled up with more and more fatties. I suppose it's the inevitable result of a type of workout becoming popular. People see folks who are in shape doing Crossfit. They think it's going to be the miracle cure that finally gets them to lose weight, so they join a "box." Then the same problems that plagued them before (lack of dedication, poor metabolism/genetics, bad diet, etc..) will still plague them in CF.

I predict this leads to a decreasing popularity for Crossfit among those who actually are dedicated to being fit and in shape, because the perception of program will change among the "fit" community (it's already, as evidenced by this thread, experienced significant backlash).

Haters gonna hate....

penguinz 01-20-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 10382123)
Not because he's ripped. He's a good trainer. True story.

Tell that to the tendons in your elbow.

Omaha 01-22-2014 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10376185)
TAKE NOTE OMAHA!

Hey guys, now I'm into Zumba. It's pretty ****ing intense. Anyone tried it? I'm getting shredded.

Jimmya 01-22-2014 09:44 AM

I think crossfit should only be used by people who know what they are getting into and with proper training.

Omaha 01-22-2014 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 10386923)
I think crossfit should only be used by people who know what they are getting into and with proper training.

Yes, and the good crossfit gyms are making this happen.

Aspengc8 01-22-2014 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 10386923)

Isn't that why they have beginner classes? To teach the lifts?