ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who will stop the Patriots? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318686)

suzzer99 11-07-2018 04:39 PM

Please rename thread to - "Let's endlessly bicker about NFL schedules" so I don't keep accidentally clicking back into it. thx

Imon Yourside 11-07-2018 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 13877073)
Please rename thread to - "Let's endlessly bicker about NFL schedules" so I don't keep accidentally clicking back into it. thx

If that were true about half of the threads here would need renamed, you will suffer like the rest of us. :)

Amnorix 11-07-2018 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwwataz (Post 13876602)
Seriously though, what's up with that shit? It's ****ing nasty. Is that a Boston thing?

Definitely not. Presumably a California thing.

Amnorix 11-07-2018 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crayzkirk (Post 13876900)
Okay... Call me confused... What in the scheduling determines home team when playing the division leaders? KC went to PIT and NE, JAC at home. Why would KC, if they finished first, go on the road for the third straight time to NE and PIT?

Because there's no way to rotate the system around so that it's even is the simple answer, so you end up with batches where a team visits one team several years in a row then it flips.

I remember the Colts in the early-mid 2000s always came to Foxboro and the Colts fans were CRYING ABOUT THE UNFAIRNESS!!! and then it flipped and now the Patriots had to go to Indy several years in a row and Patriots fans started CRYING ABOUT THE UNFAIRNESS!!!!

Jfc. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Actually, I think they should change the NFC lineup so that instead of playing an NFC division, they should play each team in each of the divisions finishing in the same spot. This would get a lot more of the top QBs playing each other however it would also make for a lot of games that no one is interested in.
Because you could end up with Team X and Y literally NEVER playing each other in that scenario. The current system is simple and fair. It would also unduly harshly penalize a team for finishing first (SEVEN games against teams that finished first the prior year) and unduly reward teams that finished last (similarly, seven games against last place finishers). That's absurd, especially if you were in first or last due to a tie-breaker.

Amnorix 11-07-2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 13876933)
Pitt had them beat last year until the refs overturned their game winning touchdown.

The one that pretty clearly wasn't a catch. I mean, if you watch the NFL at all, you damn well know that isn't going to be called a catch.

O.city 11-07-2018 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 13877033)
Damn that is brutal. K well maybe PIT won't be in the HFA convo at the end of the day, but ya never know.

They may be, but they've also got that weird tie in there so I doubt it.

Realistically, if they get to 11 or 12 they've kicked ass.

Spott 11-07-2018 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 13877133)
The one that pretty clearly wasn't a catch. I mean, if you watch the NFL at all, you damn well know that isn't going to be called a catch.

I watch football enough to know that it clearly was a catch. Of course when you’re used to getting the benefit of every close call, you would think that every call should automatically go in your favor.

FlaChief58 11-07-2018 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 13877133)

I mean, if you watched any other games besides cheatriots games, you'd damn well know that is going to be ruled a catch in any game not involving TB & BB

BigRedChief 11-07-2018 06:20 PM

I think Pitt gives them a loss.

RaidersOftheCellar 11-07-2018 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 13876023)
ROFL

Ok. You believe what you want, but the NFL for many years now (since the advent of 32 teams) has a set rotation schedule, which is very simple to understand:

six games against division opponents (one home, one away)

four games against a rotating division within your conference. For the Chiefs, it's the AFC North this year and the AFC South next year.

Four games against a rotating division in the other conference. For the Chiefs, it's the NFC West this year and the NFC North next year.

The remaining two games are against the two teams in (1) the other divisions in the same conference that you aren't already playing this year (2) that finished with the same seed in their division as you finished in yours in the prior year. For the Chiefs, that means that if you finish first in the AFC West, next year you will play the team that had the first seed in the AFC East and North next year (because you are playing ALL of the AFC South next year.

AND HEY, GOOD NEWS -- if you finish first and the Patriots finish first too, then next year you get to come back to Foxboro AGAIN.

And whine that you're being ****ed and the NFC is rigged!! Because you don't understand that it's a system. Whether you believe in it or not.

https://fbschedules.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/

I think most people understand the system.

The question is....how is it determined that next year's AFC east game will be on the road again? And how are the home/away splits determined in the rotating divisional matchups? Just random right? "Randomly" 3 straight years in Foxboro.

Don't care though to be honest. Give me a more experienced Mahomes (with likely a beefed up and healthier D) over 42 year old Brady any day. Won't matter how many times they swallow the whistle or how many headsets are malfunctioning.

RaidersOftheCellar 11-07-2018 09:22 PM

BTW this narrative that the Patriots have had no advantage in that division is BS. I'm betting they've had plenty of 6-0 records vs the division but they aren't sweeping the rest of the NFL.

I don't care enough to look at each season, but I guarantee it's been a huge factor in securing at least a few if not several 1 seeds.

Footballfan1981 11-08-2018 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 13877558)
I think most people understand the system.

The question is....how is it determined that next year's AFC east game will be on the road again? And how are the home/away splits determined in the rotating divisional matchups? Just random right? "Randomly" 3 straight years in Foxboro.

Don't care though to be honest. Give me a more experienced Mahomes (with likely a beefed up and healthier D) over 42 year old Brady any day. Won't matter how many times they swallow the whistle or how many headsets are malfunctioning.

2011 AFC WEST played AFC EAST (KC@NE)
2012 and 13 NE hosted the AFC West team that finished in same place in division 2012 week 5 against denver and 2013 the comeback game in new england
2014 AFC WEST PLAYED AFC EAST(NE@KC)
2015 and 2016 NE Played at theafc west team that finished in same place in division @Denver and @denver
2017 AFC WEST PLAYED AFC EAST(KC@NE)
2018 and 2019 NE Hosts AFC west team in same place in division ..this years game and next years game will be in new england
2020 AFC WEST plays AFC East (NE@KC)
2021 and 22 AFC EAST @AFC west same place finisher

Footballfan1981 11-08-2018 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC (Post 13876620)
In all reality, it depends on what Tennessee shows up. If their D shows up and Mariota isn't a big fat bitch tits then maybe. But I'm not counting on that. Maybe Minnesota, but Kirk Cousins will **** that up, but it'll be close. Mia seems to play NE tough, especially in Miami. And as you mentioned Pitt of course, but Tom owns them as well.

It dont matter Tenneesee has no chance to win this game at all.

JD10367 11-08-2018 08:01 AM

The Chiefs are 3-0 in their division. Wow, their division must suck!

Amnorix 11-08-2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 13877574)
BTW this narrative that the Patriots have had no advantage in that division is BS. I'm betting they've had plenty of 6-0 records vs the division but they aren't sweeping the rest of the NFL.

I don't care enough to look at each season, but I guarantee it's been a huge factor in securing at least a few if not several 1 seeds.

Literally the same winning percentage inside and outside of the AFC East from 2003 to current. Like .788 vs .786.

JFC. :rolleyes: