ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Why Geno Smith fell in the draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272695)

Hammock Parties 05-01-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9651208)
GoChiefs read this please

Hi.

Read this.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...SH20_OU01_.jpg

RINGLEADER 05-01-2013 09:52 PM

His demeanor in some big games would seem to support this kind of behavior. Who really knows though? My fear would be that things don't go his way and he melts down sort of like Cam Newton. You can have all the physical skills but not be able to bring it together because of the mental part of the game.

WV 05-01-2013 09:58 PM

Wanna know why the QB's in this draft all fell? Blame it on Luck and RGIII.

Those two guys alone in the last draft caused the expectations to become outrageous and the microscope on these QB's to become double or triple with comparisons in this draft. If Barkley had come out last year he would have been a top 15 pick. He had an off year and the microscopes got more powerful, so he fell and fell. Did he get that much worse??? No.

Discount it if you want, but this year was just a bad year to be Geno Smith and a bad year to for the Chiefs to have the #1 pick.

We were by far the most QB needy team until the abortion of trading #34 + more for Average Smith. Next would be the Raiders, but they traded for Flynn. Next would be Arizona who traded for Palmer. That leaves Buffalo and we won't even go there with Manuel going in the first while Geno and even Barkley did not. Buffalo and Buddy Nix are hardly a role model team.

Geno's biggest mistake was assuming this franchise even had one thought of drafting a QB in the first. It simply doesn't happen anymore. Todd Blackledge screwed us all to a life of mediocre retreads. I think it's in the Chiefs Head Coach official handbook. We'll call it the Hunt Rule.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-01-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9650509)
"chiefs pass on marino because he wears t-shirt"

whew

risk avoided...whew!

LMAO Goddamnit I love it when TC just ****ing nails it right off the bat.
Posted via Mobile Device

RippedmyFlesh 05-01-2013 10:11 PM

I wanted him and thought he would go top 10 I was way off. If his knock is just between his ears it's possible that can be corrected.Even his critics would have to admit he has the physical tools to thrive. You can't fix physical limitations but there is at least a chance you could fix a maturity issue. So who would be harder to "fix" Geno or Bray? And what's the upside of the 2 if both were fixed so to speak?

AlexSmithDynasty 05-01-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9650491)
I'm starting to think Andy Reid and John Dorsey just might be smarter than SNR and Sweet Dick Willie.

Wait what? Are you saying that a coach and GM who have played and worked in the game almost their entire lives, have had a track record of success, and are highly respected in the league know more about football than a couple of bitter losers on the Internet? How could that be?

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-01-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9651032)
It's so funny that the posters who make fun of the people supposably "rationalizing" Alex Smith are the posters rationalizing Geno Smith.

This was a weak QB draft. Every team passed on the messiah and there is damning evidence against this guy.

He's not near the person or prospect the other QB's were and there seems to be more evidence proving this every day.

Alex Smith was the best QB we could have acquired this offseason and that's a fact.

Its so funny that you and others are rationalizing a known bag o' dicks vs. A kid who has yet to even take a snap in the NFL, yes.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 05-01-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9651211)
Were you pounding the table for Flacco during his draft (2008)?

The ravens > BossChief

Does that need written in crayon?

Mav 05-01-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9651362)
Its so funny that you and others are rationalizing a known bag o' dicks vs. A kid who has yet to even take a snap in the NFL, yes.
Posted via Mobile Device

no, whats funny is that you think your opinion of alex smith, is the opinion of everyone in the league, and that your opinion of geno smith, is also the opinion of everyone in the league.

Isnt it just a little bit ironic that in nfl circles, that just happens to be the exact opposite of reality?

Nah? Didnt think so.

KCwolf 05-01-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9651362)
Posted via Mobile Device

Please go be a fan of any of the other 31 teams available...... Thx.

We didn't draft him.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-01-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9650662)
So who has drafted a risky QB recently and won a SB?

Rodgers was a Tedford guy.
Roethlisberger was a MAC QB.
Flacco was an FCS prospect.

That's four SBs just in recent years for you

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-01-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9650758)
ROFL

i owned your ass, you're such a pussy

drafting a QB from Delaware with the #18 pick isn't risky?

A guy who beat no one in college?

you know how many Chiefs fans would have supported that?

none

you pathetic liar

A guy who lost his job to...wait for it....Tyler Palko.

RippedmyFlesh 05-01-2013 10:26 PM

In 2008 I wanted atl to take dorsey. I saw herm talking to Ryan on tv and thought maybe this was it. So close.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-01-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexSmithDynasty (Post 9651334)
Wait what? Are you saying that a coach and GM who have played and worked in the game almost their entire lives, have had a track record of success, and are highly respected in the league know more about football than a couple of bitter losers on the Internet? How could that be?

"Manning Fan". "brady fan". Those are homer names that have merit. Yours? ROFL. Yeah, I'm the idiot alright.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav 05-01-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9651399)
A guy who lost his job to...wait for it....Tyler Palko.

nice. I was getting ready to post that.....well played.