ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Official "Lost" the series discussion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100674)

ZootedGranny 10-13-2004 09:25 PM

I don't think whatever is on the island is a monster in the classical sense, because every time it comes on the screen, it has a very mechanical sound.

But yes, this show is written very well, even down to little things like the character being John Locke, which ties in with the Tabula Rasa theory of a clean slate. Then there was the comic book the kid was reading, in which there was a still of a polar bear, which foreshadowed the bear in the woods.

KcMizzou 10-13-2004 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
Well ge went from paralyzed to killing a boar with his bare hands [and a bowie knife] in short order.

Yeah... which is part of what leads me to the whole "they're all dead/purgatory" theory.

He's been paralyzed for years, I assume. And now (four days later) he's a stud, for a guy his age...

Fairplay 10-13-2004 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
Yeah... which is part of what leads me to the whole "they're all dead/purgatory" theory.

Maybe its god in the woods coming through? Whose to say?

Maybe they are all dead.

KcMizzou 10-13-2004 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay
Maybe its god in the woods coming through? Whose to say?

Maybe they are all dead.

Death... the Grim Reaper... Four Horsemen...

(Shit... what do I know... just an idea)

ZootedGranny 10-13-2004 09:33 PM

I honestly don't think Locke killed that boar, but it was killed by the monster, and then he dragged it back to camp. But yes, that didn't quite explain how he could go back to walking without a problem after 4 years of inactivity.

Fairplay 10-13-2004 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny
I honestly don't think Locke killed that boar, but it was killed by the monster, and then he dragged it back to camp. But yes, that didn't quite explain how he could go back to walking without a problem after 4 years of inactivity.

Great possibility. When the black dude thanked him for killing the boar. Locke never said he actually killed it.

J Diddy 10-13-2004 09:35 PM

Quote:

Great possibility. When the black dude thanked him for killing the boar. Locke never said he actually killed it.

I killed the boar

yep it was me

Deberg_1990 10-13-2004 09:36 PM

Quote:

So how did Locke get that case of Knives on the plane??

Fairplay 10-13-2004 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy
I killed the boar

yep it was me

I thank you, we thank you, the survivors thank you........

Fairplay 10-13-2004 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990

I don't know, maybe someone else caught it?

KcMizzou 10-13-2004 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990

He "checked it" according to him. Baggage compartment, I guess...

KcMizzou 10-13-2004 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy
I killed the boar

yep it was me

No, no... you made the pizza. Which is better, IMO.

J Diddy 10-13-2004 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
No, no... you made the pizza. Which is better, IMO.

They had pizza on there, I thought they were lost. Oh I get it lost delivery driver must be working for me.

Man this is Bullshit!!!
Quit bringing me down

:)

KingPriest2 10-13-2004 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny
I don't think whatever is on the island is a monster in the classical sense, because every time it comes on the screen, it has a very mechanical sound.

But yes, this show is written very well, even down to little things like the character being John Locke, which ties in with the Tabula Rasa theory of a clean slate. Then there was the comic book the kid was reading, in which there was a still of a polar bear, which foreshadowed the bear in the woods.

Think Biblical people. 40 days 40 nights. This is what the creators of the show said.

Fairplay 10-13-2004 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPriest2
Think Biblical people. 40 days 40 nights. This is what the creators of the show said.

I think of rain.